Windows 10: Malwarebytes vs. Defender

Discus and support Malwarebytes vs. Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Someone told me that Malwarebytes is really better for Malware and I should also be running Windows Defender. Do I really need both? Thanks.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Robert32014, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Malwarebytes vs. Defender

Someone told me that Malwarebytes is really better for Malware and I should also be running Windows Defender.

Do I really need both?

Thanks.

:)

Robert32014, Jul 2, 2020
  2. Julsie Win User

Defender disabled by Malwarebytes?

[Merged]

Windows 10 accepts Malwarebytes as complete antivirus, and will not allow full Defender to work.

Yet, according to many searches Malwarebytes is not considered to be a complete antivirus.

I had to remove Malwarebytes from my laptop to get Defender to work fully.

Any suggestions about how to use complete Defender while running Malwarebytes

Moved from Windows 10

Original title: Malwarebytes and Defender

Julsie, Jul 2, 2020
  3. Defender disabled by Malwarebytes?

Recently there were various changes regarding Malwarebytes...

Malwarebytes 3 - Frequently Asked Questions

especially:
    https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/191650-malwarebytes-30-frequently-asked-questions/#comment-1077438

Suggestion to read

Malwarebytes for Windows Help - Settings

Scroll down to Windows Action Center, see:

You may have noticed a flag in your system tray that sometimes has a red icon with a white X appear over the flag. That is a status indicator for the Windows Action Center, which tells you when your computer has a security issue that needs your attention.
    Malwarebytes Premium 3.0 or Malwarebytes Trial 3.0 can now be registered as a security solution on your computer. There are three settings available, which will be abbreviated here for easier reading. Brief descriptions for the meaning of each setting are
    also provided.

• Let Malwarebytes choose whether to register: Malwarebytes will determine whether it should be registered in Action Center. The program will not register when Microsoft Security Essentials is in use on a Windows 7 or older operating
      system. It will also not register when Windows Defender is used on a Windows 8 or newer OS.
    • Always register Malwarebytes: Malwarebytes program status will always appear in Action Center.
    • Never register Malwarebytes: Malwarebytes program status will never appear in Action Center.

Jsssssssss, Jul 2, 2020
  4. WLester Win User

Malwarebytes vs. Defender

Defender Vs. Malwarebytes

Malwarebytes scan results... first "Quick" scan.

Registry Keys Infected:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\chrome.exe (Security.Hijack) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\cscript.exe (Security.Hijack) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\mmc.exe (Security.Hijack) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\MRT.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Delete on reboot.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\MsMpEng.exe (Security.Hijack) -> Delete on reboot.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\rundll32.exe (Security.Hijack) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\svchost.exe (Security.Hijack) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\wscript.exe (Security.Hijack) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Malwarebytes scan results... second "Quick" scan.

Registry Keys Infected:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\MRT.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Delete on reboot.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\MsMpEng.exe (Security.Hijack) -> Delete on reboot.

Why were these not picked up by Defender when it ran on schedule? Why were the 2 not detected by Malwarebytes on the first scan which was run just prior to the second scan?? Is the problem rooted to the point that it will take more drastic actions to remove
    completely? If so, what are your suggestions?

WLester, Jul 2, 2020
Thema:

Malwarebytes vs. Defender

1. Malwarebytes vs. Defender - Similar Threads - Malwarebytes Defender

2. Regarding to Windows Defender and Malwarebytes.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Regarding to Windows Defender and Malwarebytes.: Hi, so recently Malwarebytes updated itself to 4.1.2 and while installing the newest version, a notification said that both Malwarebytes and Windows Defender I use Windows Defender as a secondary protection have been turned off. Im worried there could be something wrong...
  3. Is Malwarebytes free and Windows Defender enough?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is Malwarebytes free and Windows Defender enough?: Or should I download free av? submitted by /u/Irouca [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hgrsy0/is_malwarebytes_free_and_windows_defender_enough/
  4. Malwarebytes interfering with Defender

Malwarebytes interfering with Defender: - In my experience YES! Problem started when suddenly my computer won't run Defender and when I tried turning it on, a message says: Anti virus is being managed by your system administrator. Could not even update defender definitions.I tried to uninstall Malwarebytes in Apps...
  5. Malwarebytes pop-up attacking Windows Defender. Window 10

Malwarebytes pop-up attacking Windows Defender. Window 10: Every couple of hours or so, this MBAM message appears: [ATTACH] I don't want to click on "Learn More" as I've no hard evidence that it's from Mbam. There's no URL so I can't block it that way - is there any other way that I can stop it appearing?...
  6. Run Malwarebytes Browser Guard real-time; Use other after turning off Defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Run Malwarebytes Browser Guard real-time; Use other after turning off Defender: It looks like one can run Malwarebytes Browser Guard, which blocks lots of stuff in Firefox and Chrome, and you can also leave the full malware suite, either Pro or Free, turned off on your Windows 10 operating system. Just turn Windows Defender off temporarily to turn on any...
  7. Sorry to be annoying. Windows defender says "Actions recommended in Malwarebytes" but when...

Sorry to be annoying. Windows defender says "Actions recommended in Malwarebytes" but when...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/merkabaa [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ezuyio/sorry_to_be_annoying_windows_defender_says/
  8. Final thread regarding my issues with Windows Defender, Malwarebytes and Firefox.

Final thread regarding my issues with Windows Defender, Malwarebytes and Firefox.: I've come to realize that Windows Defender only messes itself up when wuaserv is stopped, and or my computer goes to full sleep and I have to login again. Coincidentally, Windows Defender stopped working after I started to scan with Malwarebytes, But I'm writing off that it's...
  9. wonding if its possible to run all of windows defenders secrity fetures and Malwarebytes...

wonding if its possible to run all of windows defenders secrity fetures and Malwarebytes...: i want to have two anti viruses running at once but i find a bunch of antivirus usually disable windows defender which makes me feel less secure when using my windows 10 computer is there a way to run both windows defender and Malwarebytes features and make it so one does...
  10. Windows 10 with Windows Defender and Malwarebytes 4.0 very very SLOW!

Windows 10 with Windows Defender and Malwarebytes 4.0 very very SLOW!: I am running Windows 10 with WIndows Defender and Malwarebytes 4.0 which is Windows 10 compatible. My computer is now unbelievable slow since installing Malwarebytes 4.0...I was using 3.0 and it was fast. HELP!...