Windows 10: Malwarebytes Web Protection Won't Enable

Discus and support Malwarebytes Web Protection Won't Enable in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Yesterday afternoon MB blocked several attempts while on a web site. No problem though. This morning Web Protection is off. Trying to enable it says... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Wiley Coyote, May 18, 2017.

1. Malwarebytes Web Protection Won't Enable

Yesterday afternoon MB blocked several attempts while on a web site. No problem though. This morning Web Protection is off. Trying to enable it says it's "Starting" and then reverts to off. Have tried everything I know. Anyone got suggestions?

Malwarebytes Web Protection Won't Enable [​IMG]

Attempting to run a scan is an instant failure. Only lasts a millisecond and finds nothing.

:)

Wiley Coyote, May 18, 2017

2. Internet explorer 11 "stops working" with Windows 10

If you are running Malwarebytes it can block opening some web sites. Open the program and under Real Time Protection turn off "Exploit Protection" and see if that then enables IE to work. I have raised this problem with Malwarebytes but not got a response.
    You do need to ensure your PC is protected with some other software though. Firefox was also affected before but is now working. The odd thing is that the web site that was being blocked was just the Google search engine.

David Philpott, May 18, 2017
  3. DinoBox Win User
    • Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB2267602 (Definition 1.239.792.0) - Error 0x80070643

I had the same issue- did all the find and fix- reset- sfc /scannow - dism etc..

THEN I turned off Malwarebytes Premium 3.0.6 Real time Protection

1. web protection

2. Exploit Protection

3. Malware Protection

4. Ransomware Protection

Ran update and it worked as it should- then turned all the Malwarebytes 1-4 back on

DinoBox, May 18, 2017
  4. OldMike65 Win User

Malwarebytes Web Protection Won't Enable

This is a Known problem this morning ....Everyone has this issue today, lots of people have already reported this on MB's forum. Its due to the latest updates you received this morning, we have to wait for MB to send us another update. As of now, there is NO fix.

OldMike65, May 18, 2017
  5. OldMike65 Win User
    OldMike65, May 18, 2017
  6. It was fixed in 3.0.6, but it keeps reappearing. Like anyone is taking MB3 seriously, it is a joke product. *Rolleyes

TairikuOkami, May 18, 2017
  7. essenbe Win User
    essenbe, May 18, 2017
  8. Malwarebytes Web Protection Won't Enable

Well Hell! What do I buy to protect me from Malwarebytes now?

9. If you are serious about protection, you should buy Zemana or Emsisoft. Malwarebytes died with version 3.

TairikuOkami, May 18, 2017
  10. OldMike65 Win User
    Its just a bug in the latest updates we received this morning. Soon as MB sends us the fix, everything will be working again. Just need to have a little patience *Smile

OldMike65, May 18, 2017
  11. *Roflmao2 On the upside, in this state it's not the Memory Hog it usually is!

12. OldMike65 Win User
    Hang in there, we will get a fix sometime today. *Smile

OldMike65, May 18, 2017
  13. swarfega Win User

Having this problem as well.

swarfega, May 18, 2017
  14. OldMike65 Win User
    EVERYONE is this morning....soon as the latest updates are installed. *Smile

OldMike65, May 18, 2017
  15. essenbe Win User
    Mike, the eternal optimist. *Smile I don't remember when the first Beta of V3 was, but it's been this way for me ever since. I think I have shown a lot of patience. I'm on version 2 now. It works.

essenbe, May 18, 2017
Thema:

1. Malwarebytes Web Protection Won't Enable - Similar Threads - Malwarebytes Web Protection

2. Web Protection Provider?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Web Protection Provider?: I have Avast Premium on my Dell G5 550 laptop, Windows 10. The Windows Security app indicates no issues, no action needed for any of category. Yet on the "Security Providers" tab, under the Web protection category, it says "no providers". How can this be? Naturally, I'm...
  3. Web Protection Provider?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Web Protection Provider?: I have Avast Premium on my Dell G5 550 laptop, Windows 10. The Windows Security app indicates no issues, no action needed for any of category. Yet on the "Security Providers" tab, under the Web protection category, it says "no providers". How can this be? Naturally, I'm...
  4. Malwarebytes Premium protection and Microsoft Defender

Malwarebytes Premium protection and Microsoft Defender: if I have malwarebytes premium protection with real protection and microsoft defender with real protection, does it cause performance conflicts?...
  5. Malwarebytes Premium protection and Microsoft Defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Malwarebytes Premium protection and Microsoft Defender: if I have malwarebytes premium protection and microsoft defender, does it cause performance conflicts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/malwarebytes-premium-protection-and-microsoft/8fbca401-6f1e-4f93-8e0f-efef12867487
  6. How do I enable web protection?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I enable web protection?: Windows Security indicates that I have no providers for "web protection." I do have Defender as my antivirus program and use the Mullvad VPN. I also use Privacy Badger, uBlock Origin, and HTTPS Everywhere with Microsoft Edge. I'm not sure what I am missing. Windows Security...
  7. How do I enable web protection?

How do I enable web protection?: Windows Security indicates that I have no providers for "web protection." I do have Defender as my antivirus program and use the Mullvad VPN. I also use Privacy Badger, uBlock Origin, and HTTPS Everywhere with Microsoft Edge. I'm not sure what I am missing. Windows Security...
  8. Malwarebytes Premium protection vs Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection

Malwarebytes Premium protection vs Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection: Malwarebytes Premium Protection/Malwarebytes free edition protection has a lots of bugs more a lot than Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection Malwarebytes Premium Protection/Malwarebytes free edition protection keeps app crashing and keeps showing BSOD more a lot than Malwarebytes...
  9. Web protection

Web protection: What product is used in Windows 10 to provide Web Protection https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-protection/861b1b2e-ce32-425c-91f8-cf2b4bbc43f4
  10. Web protection provider

Web protection provider: I've opened up Windows Security and in the navigation pane at the bottom is "Settings" then "Manage security providers" which shows this: [img] My question is, do you guys use web protection provider and if so which one? I would prefer to not install any kind of antivirus...