Windows 10: Malwarebytes Web Protection Won't Enable

Discus and support Malwarebytes Web Protection Won't Enable in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Have a try with Sophos Intercept X. I have used Sophos Endpoint Protection form many years and the Intercept X works perfect Malwarebytes kept... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Wiley Coyote, May 18, 2017.

1. jl2509 Win User

Malwarebytes Web Protection Won't Enable

Have a try with Sophos Intercept X.

I have used Sophos Endpoint Protection form many years and the Intercept X works perfect

Malwarebytes kept causing BSOD for me on version 3

as previously mentioned, "a joke product".

jl2509, May 18, 2017

2. I jumped on the Beta soon as I could and it's bee fine until now. What scared me was the 4 or 5 blocked apparent redirections & attempted inbounds yesterday afternoon. My first thought this morning was "I've caught something"!

Guess I'll just ride it out and see what happens. If it won't work, do like @essenbe & revert to an earlier version that DOES work. If nothing else, I've learned something new.

Wiley Coyote, May 18, 2017
  3. swarfega Win User
    If MBM keeps doing this, I may think about switching to one of their competitors.

swarfega, May 18, 2017
  4. f14tomcat Win User

@essenbe

Steve. You running Anti-exploit and Anti-ransomware with it?

f14tomcat, May 18, 2017
  5. Having the same Problem on Windows 10 Pro x64

Malwarebytes Web Protection Won't Enable [​IMG]

All disabled when started and Web protection will not start

Stephen2143, May 18, 2017
  6. f14tomcat Win User
    f14tomcat, May 18, 2017
  7. essenbe Win User
    I wasn't with V3 but I am with V2.

essenbe, May 18, 2017
  8. pyro Win User

I just sent Malwarebytes an email about this same issue. Hopefully they can help.

9. youravinalarrrf, May 18, 2017
  10. OldMike65 Win User
    The issue is Fixed Now, just update your Mbam. turn it off, then back on, check for updates. Then back off and on, issue is fixed. *Smile

OldMike65, May 18, 2017
  11. fireberd Win User
    Not fixed for me. Still have the problem. Killed MBAM then restarted, checked for updates (none).

fireberd, May 18, 2017
  12. OldMike65 Win User
    Click Quit from Mbams menu
    Then turn MB back on.
    Then Click on Check for updates using the pull down menu (Right clicking on Mbam) Not from Inside Mbam.
    Then it will download updates.
    Quit Mbam 1 more time, then turn back on.

OldMike65, May 18, 2017
  13. fireberd Win User

That procedure didn't work. However, I finally got it working by rebooting.

fireberd, May 18, 2017
  14. Took me a restart AND a shutdown to get it back in order. Was thinking I may need jumper cables before it would be over.

As to the future, "We'll see..."

Wiley Coyote, May 18, 2017
  15. OldMike65 Win User
    I did not have too reboot at all, and its working just fine. Glad you got it fixed. *Smile

OldMike65, May 18, 2017
Thema:

1. Malwarebytes Web Protection Won't Enable - Similar Threads - Malwarebytes Web Protection

2. Web Protection Provider?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Web Protection Provider?: I have Avast Premium on my Dell G5 550 laptop, Windows 10. The Windows Security app indicates no issues, no action needed for any of category. Yet on the "Security Providers" tab, under the Web protection category, it says "no providers". How can this be? Naturally, I'm...
  3. Web Protection Provider?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Web Protection Provider?: I have Avast Premium on my Dell G5 550 laptop, Windows 10. The Windows Security app indicates no issues, no action needed for any of category. Yet on the "Security Providers" tab, under the Web protection category, it says "no providers". How can this be? Naturally, I'm...
  4. Malwarebytes Premium protection and Microsoft Defender

Malwarebytes Premium protection and Microsoft Defender: if I have malwarebytes premium protection with real protection and microsoft defender with real protection, does it cause performance conflicts?...
  5. Malwarebytes Premium protection and Microsoft Defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Malwarebytes Premium protection and Microsoft Defender: if I have malwarebytes premium protection and microsoft defender, does it cause performance conflicts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/malwarebytes-premium-protection-and-microsoft/8fbca401-6f1e-4f93-8e0f-efef12867487
  6. How do I enable web protection?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I enable web protection?: Windows Security indicates that I have no providers for "web protection." I do have Defender as my antivirus program and use the Mullvad VPN. I also use Privacy Badger, uBlock Origin, and HTTPS Everywhere with Microsoft Edge. I'm not sure what I am missing. Windows Security...
  7. How do I enable web protection?

How do I enable web protection?: Windows Security indicates that I have no providers for "web protection." I do have Defender as my antivirus program and use the Mullvad VPN. I also use Privacy Badger, uBlock Origin, and HTTPS Everywhere with Microsoft Edge. I'm not sure what I am missing. Windows Security...
  8. Malwarebytes Premium protection vs Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection

Malwarebytes Premium protection vs Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection: Malwarebytes Premium Protection/Malwarebytes free edition protection has a lots of bugs more a lot than Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection Malwarebytes Premium Protection/Malwarebytes free edition protection keeps app crashing and keeps showing BSOD more a lot than Malwarebytes...
  9. Web protection

Web protection: What product is used in Windows 10 to provide Web Protection https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-protection/861b1b2e-ce32-425c-91f8-cf2b4bbc43f4
  10. Web protection provider

Web protection provider: I've opened up Windows Security and in the navigation pane at the bottom is "Settings" then "Manage security providers" which shows this: [img] My question is, do you guys use web protection provider and if so which one? I would prefer to not install any kind of antivirus...