Windows 10: Malwarebytes Web Protection Won't Enable

Discus and support Malwarebytes Web Protection Won't Enable in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Well, that was exciting. Works again now. I only took the trial because of the current threats that it is supposed to prevent. Let's see what else they... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Wiley Coyote, May 18, 2017.

1. Slippery Win User

Malwarebytes Web Protection Won't Enable

Well, that was exciting. Works again now. I only took the trial because of the current threats that it is supposed to prevent. Let's see what else they can screw up in the last 8 days of the trial. I found that I had a real fun time trying to do a clean uninstall. Had to resort to Revo uninstaller, which worked really well. And then I come here and see all this commotion so, I reinstalled and it's working again. Didn't want to miss any of the fun.

Slippery, May 18, 2017
  2. Wiley Coyote, May 18, 2017
  3. OldMike65 Win User
    OldMike65, May 18, 2017
  4. Malwarebytes Web Protection Won't Enable

Kind of makes us a rather sedate bunch.

Wiley Coyote, May 18, 2017
  5. pyro Win User
    Mine works now, thank God.

6. Hawk23 Win User
    I found on a website, “https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topi...moval-process/
    From there I was able to download 2 files:
    mbam-clean-2.3.0.1001.exe
    mb3-setup-consumer-3.1.2.1733.exe
    Followed instructions on site.

I did read that someone had some problems with mbam-clean. I also found on
    https://community.norton.com/en/foru...-tool-released” that
    mb-clean-3.1.0.1002.exe seems to be a replacement for mbam-clean-whatever....exe

On site above – “…forums.malwarebytes.com…” there are Warnings. Please read these before you proceed
    Paid PRO / PREMIUM version

• WARNING:

Above - download 2 files: mbam-clean-2.3.0.1001.exe, and mb3-setup-consumer-3.1.2.1733.exe
    Open Malwarebytes program.
    If Pro / Premium, then make sure you have your License Key, and (if needed) License ID.
    Select “Account” or whatever gets you to >>> Select “Deactivate License”.
    Close Malwarebytes program.
    In Windows Tray, Click Malwarebytes. Select “Quit Malwarebytes”.
    Use Windows Add Remove programs to remove Malwarebytes program.
    Run “mbam-clean…exe” or “mb-clean…exe”. Reboot when prompted.
    After rebooting it may give your further instructions. Follow them.
    Otherwise… Run/install newest Malwarebytes-install program “mb3-setup-consumer-3.1.2.1733.exe”
    You may need to reboot after installing.
    Open Malwarebytes program.
    If Pro / Premium, then set your License Key, and (if needed) License ID.
    Hopefully, everything should be working correctly now.

Hawk23, May 18, 2017
  7. f14tomcat Win User
    That quick solution doesn't work for everyone, as stated in the MBAM Admin's last post here:

[Fixed] - Database update causing protection and scans to fail - Malwarebytes 3 - Malwarebytes Forums

I had to do the MBAM Clean (link on post #1), and it offered to re-install 3.1.2. And all was well.

f14tomcat, May 18, 2017
  8. OldMike65 Win User

Interesting TC cause when I went to that link, the Last Posted Msg said this, from the Admin.

Posted 2 hours ago (edited) The issue is now fixed. To get things working normally again simply open Malwarebytes and click on "Current" next to where it says Updates in the Dashboard and it should download and install working databases. If it is able to successfully update but protection still is not working, then please try right-clicking the Malwarebytes tray icon next to your system clock and select Quit Malwarebytes and then open Malwarebytes once again from your START>Programs menu or from the shortcut located on your Desktop.
    If the issue persists, then please try restarting your PC.
    If you have any further issues, please create a new topic and one of our team members will assist you.
    Thank you again for all your patience, we really appreciate it and thank you for using Malwarebytes.
    Edited 1 hour ago by exile360

Which is basically all I needed to do....

OldMike65, May 18, 2017
  9. f14tomcat Win User
    It's still the same last message, the times changed, of course. Just saying there may be different things people need to do. What works for one may not for others. The Admin has it all spelled out.

f14tomcat, May 18, 2017
  10. Porthos Win User
Thema:

1. Malwarebytes Web Protection Won't Enable - Similar Threads - Malwarebytes Web Protection

2. Web Protection Provider?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Web Protection Provider?: I have Avast Premium on my Dell G5 550 laptop, Windows 10. The Windows Security app indicates no issues, no action needed for any of category. Yet on the "Security Providers" tab, under the Web protection category, it says "no providers". How can this be? Naturally, I'm...
  3. Web Protection Provider?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Web Protection Provider?: I have Avast Premium on my Dell G5 550 laptop, Windows 10. The Windows Security app indicates no issues, no action needed for any of category. Yet on the "Security Providers" tab, under the Web protection category, it says "no providers". How can this be? Naturally, I'm...
  4. Malwarebytes Premium protection and Microsoft Defender

Malwarebytes Premium protection and Microsoft Defender: if I have malwarebytes premium protection with real protection and microsoft defender with real protection, does it cause performance conflicts?...
  5. Malwarebytes Premium protection and Microsoft Defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Malwarebytes Premium protection and Microsoft Defender: if I have malwarebytes premium protection and microsoft defender, does it cause performance conflicts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/malwarebytes-premium-protection-and-microsoft/8fbca401-6f1e-4f93-8e0f-efef12867487
  6. How do I enable web protection?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I enable web protection?: Windows Security indicates that I have no providers for "web protection." I do have Defender as my antivirus program and use the Mullvad VPN. I also use Privacy Badger, uBlock Origin, and HTTPS Everywhere with Microsoft Edge. I'm not sure what I am missing. Windows Security...
  7. How do I enable web protection?

How do I enable web protection?: Windows Security indicates that I have no providers for "web protection." I do have Defender as my antivirus program and use the Mullvad VPN. I also use Privacy Badger, uBlock Origin, and HTTPS Everywhere with Microsoft Edge. I'm not sure what I am missing. Windows Security...
  8. Malwarebytes Premium protection vs Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection

Malwarebytes Premium protection vs Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection: Malwarebytes Premium Protection/Malwarebytes free edition protection has a lots of bugs more a lot than Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection Malwarebytes Premium Protection/Malwarebytes free edition protection keeps app crashing and keeps showing BSOD more a lot than Malwarebytes...
  9. Web protection

Web protection: What product is used in Windows 10 to provide Web Protection https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-protection/861b1b2e-ce32-425c-91f8-cf2b4bbc43f4
  10. Web protection provider

Web protection provider: I've opened up Windows Security and in the navigation pane at the bottom is "Settings" then "Manage security providers" which shows this: [img] My question is, do you guys use web protection provider and if so which one? I would prefer to not install any kind of antivirus...