Windows 10: malwarebytes

Discus and support malwarebytes in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Nat West bank are offering customers premium Malwarebytes, would it be ok to run this along side windows defender... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Bob Walker 1950, May 10, 2020.

1. malwarebytes

Nat West bank are offering customers premium Malwarebytes, would it be ok to run this along side windows defender

:)

Bob Walker 1950, May 10, 2020

2. Malwarebytes and Windows 10

Then I'll suggest you follow these steps:

1. Press Windows Key + R to open the run dialog

2. In the box that comes up, type services.msc and click OK

3. In the list, find Windows Management Instrumentation, and double click it

4. Change startup type to Automatic

5. See if you can open Malwarebytes, if not, do a reboot.

Dexter Lien, May 10, 2020
  3. 1PW
    1PW Win User
    malwarebytes

Hello @walleyeblugil

1. Published lists that could be sorted by build number likely are non-existent. Without devoting more time, it would be best if you quote the entire version number in a reply.
    2. If you have an unexpired or lifetime license, a clean install seems indicated if you wish to upgrade to Malwarebytes for Windows. (MB4)
    If you wish to upgrade immediately, and your computer meets hardware/software minimums, then:

1. Please first make a safe/written record of the older product's valid Malwarebytes license Key/ID.
    2. Deactivate the activated license.
    3. Sequentially follow the steps in the following document:
    Uninstall and reinstall Malwarebytes using the Malwarebytes Support Tool

Then activate to premium:

Activate Premium subscription in Malwarebytes for Windows v4

HTH

4. Ṣmeed Win User

malwarebytes

malwarebytes

Dear John,

What I meant was that I would suggest that you start your own question in the Malwarebytes help forum and explain to them what you are experiencing now.

I'm not a Malwarebytes user myself but it sounds to me as if your problems/issues started when you updated your free Malwarebytes to the current version 4.

If I were you I would follow these steps (although they say that's for version 3.... But I couldn't find anything for version 4):

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/190532-having-problems-using-malwarebytes-please-follow-these-steps/

and ask your own question.

I would like to mention that I used to recommend the free Malwarebytes version quite often in the past.

Since some time though I - personally - am wondering about quite a few things in connection with Malwarebytes.

In my personal opinion: Malwarebytes tends to be verrrry aggressive in what they decide to flag as potentionally unwanted programs....

You certainly can decide what you want to allow and what not, the respective settings for version 4 seem to be explained here:

https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-3543

What I would like to suggest as well is that you perhaps think about asking for free expert (real experts) help in this forum:

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-assistance/

This does not mean that I necessarily think that your computer is "infected" ... But: It certainly cannot damage anything when real malware experts lead you through some thorough check-ups/scans etc.

I hope this helps a bit...

Best wishes,

Smeed.

Ṣmeed, May 10, 2020
Thema:

malwarebytes

1. malwarebytes - Similar Threads - malwarebytes

2. Transfer of Malwarebytes License

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Transfer of Malwarebytes License: My main PC with the life time license of MBM is down at the moment, I was wondering if I could temporarily move the license to this computer and then transfer it back when the main PC is working again. 157052
  3. Auto restore points while running Malwarebytes Premium

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Auto restore points while running Malwarebytes Premium: Is it possible to set up daily automatic restore points running Malwarebytes premium 4.1.0? If so, how do you do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-restore-points-while-running-malwarebytes/271f1a7e-0858-414f-9bad-d304379b6c09
  4. How to get Malwarebytes

How to get Malwarebytes: Split from this thread. how do I get the malware bytes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-to-get-malwarebytes/0c3e4d5e-3880-4d6b-892e-ca5618d75b78
  5. I have Windows 10, should I add Malwarebytes to the Microsoft Virus & Threat protection?

I have Windows 10, should I add Malwarebytes to the Microsoft Virus & Threat protection?: I have Windows 10, it came with my PC new. I have Microsoft Virus & Threat protection that came with the Windows 10, that is, I believe, updated and supported by Microsoft on a regular basis. Should I add the free version of Malwarebytes https://www.malwarebytes.com/ for...
  6. Malwarebytes update keeps freezing my computer and it restarts continually

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Malwarebytes update keeps freezing my computer and it restarts continually: I just allowed Malwarebytes to install an update and now computer is freezing up and restarts on its own. How do I uninstall malwarebyte update. I already tried going into updates on the control panel and doesn't show malwarebyte update. Thanks!...
  7. Malwarebytes Privacy

Malwarebytes Privacy: I took a chance and signed up for Malwarebytes Privacy today. I have been thinking about a VPN service for a long time. From what I have been reading, the service this is based on is supposed to be faster than most other services. What I'm seeing so far, depending on what...
  8. Windows Security screen is blank after I installed and uninstalled Malwarebytes

Windows Security screen is blank after I installed and uninstalled Malwarebytes: [ATTACH] So my Windows Security doesn't show anything after I used Malwarebytes to scan for some malwares. I also couldn't start Windows Defender services and in services.msc too, when I tried it showed something like "it started and then stopped". I've tried some solutions...
  9. Malwarebytes interfering with Defender

Malwarebytes interfering with Defender: - In my experience YES! Problem started when suddenly my computer won't run Defender and when I tried turning it on, a message says: Anti virus is being managed by your system administrator. Could not even update defender definitions.I tried to uninstall Malwarebytes in Apps...
  10. malwarebytes antivirus

in Windows 10 Customization
    malwarebytes antivirus: I have tried many ways to uninstall Malwarebytes from my system to no avail? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/malwarebytes-antivirus/3a6ad57a-b9d3-4eb1-9736-f0a87dc0dcfa