Windows 10: malwarebytes

Discus and support malwarebytes in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Nat West bank are offering customers premium Malwarebytes, would it be ok to run this along side windows defender... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Bob Walker 1950, May 10, 2020.

1. malwarebytes

Nat West bank are offering customers premium Malwarebytes, would it be ok to run this along side windows defender

:)

Bob Walker 1950, May 10, 2020

2. Malwarebytes and Windows 10

Then I'll suggest you follow these steps:

1. Press Windows Key + R to open the run dialog

2. In the box that comes up, type services.msc and click OK

3. In the list, find Windows Management Instrumentation, and double click it

4. Change startup type to Automatic

5. See if you can open Malwarebytes, if not, do a reboot.

Dexter Lien, May 10, 2020
  3. 1PW
    1PW Win User
    malwarebytes

Hello @walleyeblugil

1. Published lists that could be sorted by build number likely are non-existent. Without devoting more time, it would be best if you quote the entire version number in a reply.
    2. If you have an unexpired or lifetime license, a clean install seems indicated if you wish to upgrade to Malwarebytes for Windows. (MB4)
    If you wish to upgrade immediately, and your computer meets hardware/software minimums, then:

1. Please first make a safe/written record of the older product's valid Malwarebytes license Key/ID.
    2. Deactivate the activated license.
    3. Sequentially follow the steps in the following document:
    Uninstall and reinstall Malwarebytes using the Malwarebytes Support Tool

Then activate to premium:

Activate Premium subscription in Malwarebytes for Windows v4

HTH

4. Ṣmeed Win User

malwarebytes

malwarebytes

Dear John,

What I meant was that I would suggest that you start your own question in the Malwarebytes help forum and explain to them what you are experiencing now.

I'm not a Malwarebytes user myself but it sounds to me as if your problems/issues started when you updated your free Malwarebytes to the current version 4.

If I were you I would follow these steps (although they say that's for version 3.... But I couldn't find anything for version 4):

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/190532-having-problems-using-malwarebytes-please-follow-these-steps/

and ask your own question.

I would like to mention that I used to recommend the free Malwarebytes version quite often in the past.

Since some time though I - personally - am wondering about quite a few things in connection with Malwarebytes.

In my personal opinion: Malwarebytes tends to be verrrry aggressive in what they decide to flag as potentionally unwanted programs....

You certainly can decide what you want to allow and what not, the respective settings for version 4 seem to be explained here:

https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-3543

What I would like to suggest as well is that you perhaps think about asking for free expert (real experts) help in this forum:

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-assistance/

This does not mean that I necessarily think that your computer is "infected" ... But: It certainly cannot damage anything when real malware experts lead you through some thorough check-ups/scans etc.

I hope this helps a bit...

Best wishes,

Smeed.

Ṣmeed, May 10, 2020
Thema:

malwarebytes

1. malwarebytes - Similar Threads - malwarebytes

2. Both Malwarebytes and microsoft defender are turned on question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Both Malwarebytes and microsoft defender are turned on question: How do i turn off microsoft defender? I'm using Malwarebytes Premium with real protection turned on.i'm using windows 10 22h2 with all latest windows updates installed and all latest drivers installed...
  3. Both Malwarebytes and microsoft defender are turned on question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Both Malwarebytes and microsoft defender are turned on question: How do i turn off microsoft defender? I'm using Malwarebytes Premium with real protection turned on.i'm using windows 10 22h2 with all latest windows updates installed and all latest drivers installed...
  4. Both Malwarebytes and microsoft defender are turned on question

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD every time I try and scan with Malwarebytes, launch a game, or even reset windows or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD every time I try and scan with Malwarebytes, launch a game, or even reset windows or...: Hi, randomly as of today I am having horrendous issues with BSOD. I can browse the web just fine, but seemingly anything remotely taxing or even downloading anything such as NVIDIA driver updates will result in a BSOD. I've analyzed every minidump and cannot for the life of...
  6. BSOD every time I try and scan with Malwarebytes, launch a game, or even reset windows or...

BSOD every time I try and scan with Malwarebytes, launch a game, or even reset windows or...: Hi, randomly as of today I am having horrendous issues with BSOD. I can browse the web just fine, but seemingly anything remotely taxing or even downloading anything such as NVIDIA driver updates will result in a BSOD. I've analyzed every minidump and cannot for the life of...
  7. Malwarebytes keeps showing "website blocked due to malware" message even after qurantining...

Malwarebytes keeps showing "website blocked due to malware" message even after qurantining...: Wasn't getting windows upgeades listed in the settings tabs plus the microsoft store was not working. So tried to reinstall windows 11 using iso file.The installer got stuck at 46% for like 5 hours so had to exit and restart.Then the computer started lagging so installed...
  8. Malwarebytes keeps showing "website blocked due to malware" message even after qurantining...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Malwarebytes keeps showing "website blocked due to malware" message even after qurantining...: Wasn't getting windows upgeades listed in the settings tabs plus the microsoft store was not working. So tried to reinstall windows 11 using iso file.The installer got stuck at 46% for like 5 hours so had to exit and restart.Then the computer started lagging so installed...
  9. Malwarebytes Browser Guard has blocked my bank website saying there's a trojan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Malwarebytes Browser Guard has blocked my bank website saying there's a trojan: Wrote to Malwarebytes 2 days ago and have gotten no help.I've listed the site on the 'Allow List' but nothing changed. I've got past due bills and can't login to my bank!...
  10. Malwarebytes Browser Guard has blocked my bank website saying there's a trojan

Malwarebytes Browser Guard has blocked my bank website saying there's a trojan: Wrote to Malwarebytes 2 days ago and have gotten no help.I've listed the site on the 'Allow List' but nothing changed. I've got past due bills and can't login to my bank!...