Windows 10: Malwarebytyes refuses to open

Discus and support Malwarebytyes refuses to open in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello I wonder if anyone can shed any light on why I see the following message in Windows Event Viewer: [img] At the same time, Malwarebytes will... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Mr Morgan, Aug 8, 2020.

1. Mr Morgan Win User

Malwarebytyes refuses to open

Hello

I wonder if anyone can shed any light on why I see the following message in Windows Event Viewer:

Malwarebytyes refuses to open [​IMG]

At the same time, Malwarebytes will not open when launched so I cannot check its settings for scans or anything else. Yet its icon appears in the System Tray and processes seem to be running in Task Manager.

In the past when this has happened, I have rebooted the PC in question and afterwards everything was alright, but not today!

I am running Windows 10 2004 and Malwarebytes 4.1.2.

Thanks

:)

Mr Morgan, Aug 8, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Malwarebytyes refuses to open :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Aug 8, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    MP4 refuses to open with WMP

Go to the Control Panel:
    Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Default Programs\Set Default Programs
    Find that app you installed in the list, select 'Choose defaults for this program' and un-tick .mp4 - that may help...

Malwarebytyes refuses to open [​IMG]

...alternatively, uninstall your app and install VLC instead. I can confirm that VLC plays .flv files.

Bree, Aug 8, 2020
  4. Malwarebytyes refuses to open

Windows Live Mail 2012 refuses to send emails, claims they're spam

My wife uses Windows Live Mail 2012 and says it refuses to send emails, claiming they're spam. This is even replying to someone who is in her contacts list. I have run several different virus checks and nothing comes up. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. TIA

Charliedog, Aug 8, 2020
Thema:

Malwarebytyes refuses to open

1. Malwarebytyes refuses to open - Similar Threads - Malwarebytyes refuses open

2. Programs refuse to open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs refuse to open: Ok so, I've been having this issue for a while now and I have no idea what is happening. So far. for a couple of my programs refuse to open. Whether I double click on them, run as administrator, make shortcuts. etc. I've tried everything but they refuse to open. They do not...
  3. Programs refuse to open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs refuse to open: Ok so, I've been having this issue for a while now and I have no idea what is happening. So far. for a couple of my programs refuse to open. Whether I double click on them, run as administrator, make shortcuts. etc. I've tried everything but they refuse to open. They do not...
  4. Programs refuse to open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Defender is refusing to open and update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Defender is refusing to open and update: I am working with a friend with a laptop, which was full of malware and some viruses. I have cleaned out lots of questionable programmes and scanned out 86 malware instances with Adwcleaner. I have been unable to open Windows Defender. This latter essential programme...
  6. Windows 10 Settings Refuses to open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Settings Refuses to open: Hello everyone, This has been occuring for a few months now and I am getting sick of it. My settings app refuses to open as when I try it will flash the settings screen and automatically close it. I have tried using command prompt, win + I, going into the app settings...
  7. Computer refuses to open .exe files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer refuses to open .exe files: Out of nowhere my computer has stopped opening .exe files and instead a pop up appears reading (file name)-Bad Image C:\Windows\System32\msdmo.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. I first noticed this when trying to open the Ubisoft game...
  8. MP4 refuses to open with WMP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MP4 refuses to open with WMP: Just one annoying problem I can't fix. Ever since update 1607. Whenever I try & open a mp4 video, it opens with another app I have installed that came with codecs to play flv files in windows media player. It refuses to open with WMP on double click. I have checked default &...
  9. This PC refuses to open

in Windows 10 Support
    This PC refuses to open: Hi all, first post here for me, I've been using this forum to help me along with my new laptop for learning the basics (my last computer was windows XP!). I've come across an issue I can't find an answer for though. For some reason I can't access the file "this PC". Every...
  10. Start Menu Refusing To Open

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Refusing To Open: This issue has happened twice already and required a full restart to fix. I'll attempt to open the Start Menu, by clicking it or pressing the Windows key, and it will refuse to open. In restarting Windows Explorer, the issue still persists. Considering I'm heavily reliant on...