Windows 10: Manage Audio Focus Across Tabs

Discus and support Manage Audio Focus Across Tabs in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi Brink, The Audio Focus Enforcement setting suggested in your tutorial seems to no longer exist Manage Audio Focus Across Tabs in Google Chrome in... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by kitpzyxmsir, Feb 14, 2021.

1. Manage Audio Focus Across Tabs

Hi Brink,

The Audio Focus Enforcement setting suggested in your tutorial seems to no longer exist

Manage Audio Focus Across Tabs in Google Chrome in Windows | Tutorials

I tried this, Mute Inactive Tabs - Chrome Web Store. It seems pretty straightforward, and perhaps I'm doing something wrong, but it doesn't do anything at all, mute or unmute.

Are there any other options?

Also, is the only purpose for the speaker on the tab to indicate that the tab is playing audio, not to mute/unmute, or pause/play?

:)

kitpzyxmsir, Feb 14, 2021

2. Task Manager - Startup tab

Actually, I like your suggestion as a first step.

Unchecking the wrong thing in Autoruns can brick a system.

OldNavyGuy, Feb 14, 2021
  3. John Vil Win User
    No audio on build 1703

Hello Steve,

There may be several reasons why your audio stopped working after the update. To assist you out with this concern, we suggest you try to rollback your audio driver's update. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + X.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Select your audio driver, right-click on it and choose Properties.
    • On the Driver tab, click on Roll Back Driver.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Feb 14, 2021
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

Manage Audio Focus Across Tabs

no enhancements tab on my speaker properties HP windows 10

Hi Manuelde,

Outdated audio driver is one of the usual caused why the enhancements tab is not appearing on the speakers properties. There are also audio drivers that don't have an enhancement tab.

To isolate the root cause of the issue, we need additional information:

• Which audio driver are you using?
    • Were you able to use the enhancement tab before?
    • Did you make any changes prior to the issue?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest uninstalling the driver using the steps below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Right-click (or tap and hold) the name of the device, and select
      Uninstall.
    • Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Feb 14, 2021
Thema:

Manage Audio Focus Across Tabs

1. Manage Audio Focus Across Tabs - Similar Threads - Manage Audio Focus

2. Is there a way to disable Focus Assist across the estate using GPO?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to disable Focus Assist across the estate using GPO?: I've tried navigating too: User Configuration>Administrative Templates>Start Menu & Taskbar>Notificationsthere is no option for Focus assist but read if you enable "Turn Off Quiet Hours" this will disable Focus Assist but nothing.Is there a Disable Focus Assist setting...
  3. Is there a way to disable Focus Assist across the estate using GPO?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to disable Focus Assist across the estate using GPO?: I've tried navigating too: User Configuration>Administrative Templates>Start Menu & Taskbar>Notificationsthere is no option for Focus assist but read if you enable "Turn Off Quiet Hours" this will disable Focus Assist but nothing.Is there a Disable Focus Assist setting...
  4. Is there a way to disable Focus Assist across the estate using GPO?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Microsoft Word Update and Tab Across Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Word Update and Tab Across Settings: I utilize two computers, both with Microsoft office products.One computer has MS products with the tab at the top in grey or standard. Another computer has Word with tab of Blue and the Tabs are all in white and like folders. I like this format better, but I cannot see how to...
  6. Microsoft Word Update and Tab Across Settings

Microsoft Word Update and Tab Across Settings: I utilize two computers, both with Microsoft office products.One computer has MS products with the tab at the top in grey or standard. Another computer has Word with tab of Blue and the Tabs are all in white and like folders. I like this format better, but I cannot see how to...
  7. Microsoft Word Update and Tab Across Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. lost equalizer tab in Realtek HD audio manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    lost equalizer tab in Realtek HD audio manager: Hi,I am using Windows 10 pro 20H2 and Realtek driver version 6.0.8858.1. I cannot find the equalizer tab in Realtek HD audio manager. I have searched many ways on Google but there is no way to fix this. I have tried one way by reinstalling the older version driver. Although...
  9. Chrome background tabs NOT loading until focused..

Chrome background tabs NOT loading until focused..: Version 75.0.3770.100 (Official Build) (64-bit) This problem seems to be across all chromium builds in my computer: Google Chrome, Brave, Opera Any new tab that I open keeps on loading forever "fake loading" until I select it; only then it loads normally I JUST CAN'T know...
  10. Manage Audio Focus Across Tabs in Google Chrome in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Manage Audio Focus Across Tabs in Google Chrome in Windows: How to: Manage Audio Focus Across Tabs in Google Chrome in Windows How to Manage Audio Focus Across Tabs in Google Chrome in Windows In Google Chrome, you can enable or disable a flag for an experimental feature to mute a previous tab playing audio whenever you open...