Windows 10: Manage-bde question

Discus and support Manage-bde question in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have two computer both have bitlocker enabledSecond one d drive need manage-bde commandTo decrypt1.If decrypt with this command, will it lose... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by 2AI, Sep 2, 2022.

1. 2AI
    2AI Win User

Manage-bde question

I have two computer both have bitlocker enabledSecond one d drive need manage-bde commandTo decrypt1.If decrypt with this command, will it lose encryption protection in use for d drive?2.C drive never need to use manage-bde to decryptDoes it mean that confidential data should save to d drive is better than c drive document folder ? 3.What is the difference in two computer when both have bitlocker enabled, and one need manage-bed to decrypt ?

:)

2. Brian Cab Win User

My question is about bitlocker.

Hi,

To address your concern, You can try unlocking the hard drives through the elevated command prompt by following the steps below.

Unlock Drive using a Password

• Open command prompt as administrator.
    • Type the commands below. You will not be able to see the password while typing it in.
    manage-bde -unlock D: -password (for the D drive)

manage-bde -unlock F: -password (for the F drive)

3. Hit Enter key after typing in each command.

Unlock Drive using the Bitlocker Recovery Key

• Open command prompt as administrator.
    • Type the commands below.
    manage-bde -unlock D: -rp BitLocker Recovery Key (for the D drive)

manage-bde -unlock F: -rp BitLocker Recovery Key (for the F drive)

3. Hit Enter key after typing in each command.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Brian Cab, Sep 2, 2022
  3. Bitlocker Decryption paused and does not resume.

Hi Hamza,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I can imagine the inconvenience you are experiencing and will certainly help you in the right direction in fixing the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to fix the issue.

1. Open the command prompt as admin.
    2. Type in manage-bde –off <drive> and hit
      Enter.

manage-bde –resume <drive>
    manage-bde –on <drive>

Replace Drive by drive letter

1. Restart the computer and check the status of the issue

You may also refer the article Computer
    Crash: How To Use manage-bde To Recover A Partially Decrypted Hard Drive

for the detailed information.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to post your query in
    IT TechNet
    forums
    , where we have a dedicated team of experts who are equipped with the resources to guide you with the further steps to fix the issue.

Regards,

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Sep 2, 2022
  4. Manage-bde question

Borland Database Administrator (BDE) in Windows 10

I had this problem installing a Delphi 4 Pro application that uses the Borland BDE, as well as installing Delphi itself. It hung up and become unresponsive. I double-clicked on it to abort. I had to uncheck the BDE with a custom install to complete the D4
    installation.

I found a download of an upgraded BDE install:

BDE_Install

I used it in my install script and it seemed to work. But I don't know for sure. BDE was apparently already on my Win10 machine from a previous install. Perhaps some of the updates made the old version incompatible?

The BDE64.rar file is no longer in the dropbox listed above by Fabio M. L. Souza

PStechPaul1, Sep 2, 2022
Thema:

Manage-bde question

1. Manage-bde question - Similar Threads - Manage bde question

2. Manage-bde unlock volume bitlocker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Manage-bde unlock volume bitlocker: Help!!! Manage-bde unlock volume bitlocker https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/manage-bde-unlock-volume-bitlocker/e4603db3-eb47-42b8-96e6-652cdac4a192
  3. Manage-bde unlock volume bitlocker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Manage-bde unlock volume bitlocker: Help!!! Manage-bde unlock volume bitlocker https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/manage-bde-unlock-volume-bitlocker/e4603db3-eb47-42b8-96e6-652cdac4a192
  4. How to undo "manage-bde -forcerecovery C:"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to undo "manage-bde -forcerecovery C:"?: I ran the command "manage-bde -forcerecovery C:" to test and see if I'm prompted for bitlockery recovery upon a restart and it worked. But now it prompts for bitlocker recovery upon every restart. How can I undo this?...
  5. How to undo "manage-bde -forcerecovery C:"?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to undo "manage-bde -forcerecovery C:"?: I ran the command "manage-bde -forcerecovery C:" to test and see if I'm prompted for bitlockery recovery upon a restart and it worked. But now it prompts for bitlocker recovery upon every restart. How can I undo this?...
  6. BitLocker: QUESTION ABOUT: "manage-bde -protectors C: -get"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker: QUESTION ABOUT: "manage-bde -protectors C: -get": BitLocker: QUESTION ABOUT: "manage-bde -protectors C: -get"While "C" is the drive it can be, C, D, E ect...1 "manage-bde -protectors C: -get" I used the above command to find me info, no issues at all... SEE SCREEN SHOT #12 "manage-bde -protectors E: -get" Then I tried to...
  7. BitLocker: QUESTION ABOUT: "manage-bde -protectors C: -get"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BitLocker: QUESTION ABOUT: "manage-bde -protectors C: -get": BitLocker: QUESTION ABOUT: "manage-bde -protectors C: -get"While "C" is the drive it can be, C, D, E ect...1 "manage-bde -protectors C: -get" I used the above command to find me info, no issues at all... SEE SCREEN SHOT #12 "manage-bde -protectors E: -get" Then I tried to...
  8. BitLocker: QUESTION ABOUT: "manage-bde -protectors C: -get"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. Manage-bde question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Manage-bde question: I have two computer both have bitlocker enabledSecond one d drive need manage-bde commandTo decrypt1.If decrypt with this command, will it lose encryption protection in use for d drive?2.C drive never need to use manage-bde to decryptDoes it mean that confidential data should...
  10. Manage-bde question

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Manage-bde question: I have two computer both have bitlocker enabledSecond one d drive need manage-bde commandTo decrypt1.If decrypt with this command, will it lose encryption protection in use for d drive?2.C drive never need to use manage-bde to decryptDoes it mean that confidential data should...