Windows 10: manage devices

Discus and support manage devices in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I want to remove a device COMPLETELY from my childs account. I also want to end the surveillance of this device, as it is not my device, but a device... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Bjarke1, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Bjarke1 Win User

manage devices

I want to remove a device COMPLETELY from my childs account.

I also want to end the surveillance of this device, as it is not my device, but a device where my child by accident logged in, to install a programme.

Why is this so difficult to accomplish? It keeps popping up.

:)

Bjarke1, Jan 9, 2019

2. No hardware listed in Device manager?

I don't konw whathappend but in Device manager and in my Network connections there is nothing where there used to be a Modem listed and all my hardware in Device Manager. What happend and how do I fix this?

manage devices What%20the%20Crap.jpg

AphexDreamer, Jan 9, 2019
  3. AndreePin Win User
    Imaging Devices missing in Device Manager and Webcam doesn't working

Hi,

Since you mentioned that the said driver is missing in Device Manager, what we suggest is for you to check in the Hidden Devices section on Device Manager. Kindly follow the steps below:

• On the desktop, press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.
    • Click on View and select
      Show Hidden Devices.
    • Check for the webcam under Imaging Devices.
    • If the webcam is listed, then right-click on it and select
      Update Driver Software
    • Select Browse My Computer for Driver Software and follow the prompted steps.
    Please post back with the result for further assistance

AndreePin, Jan 9, 2019
  4. manage devices

USB devices have yellow marker in device manager under 'Other devices'

Hi Roger,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Let me help you.

• What is the make and model of your devices?

I suggest you to perform the following troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

I suggest you to run hardware and devices troubleshooter and check.

• Press the Windows + X,
      and click on Search.

• Type troubleshooting and select
      Troubleshooting

• Click on Hardware and Sound and select
      Hardware and Devices

• Click on Next to run the troubleshooter

Method 2: Update USB Controllers.

To update the USB Controllers from Device Manager follow these steps.

• Go to Device manager in control panel.

• Select Device manager and a Device Manager window will pop-up.

• Double Click on USB Controllers to expand.

• Right click on the USB Controllers that is listed and select Update.

I hope the information helps. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Aswin_Anand, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

manage devices

1. manage devices - Similar Threads - manage devices

2. biometrics missing in device manager windows 10 hp desktop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    biometrics missing in device manager windows 10 hp desktop: I have an all in one HP desktop that has a camera which works with hello windows facial recognition, or it did. after one of the last updates, windows said it couldn't turn on camera, and i used my pin. when i went to the account sign in option, i tried to redo the facial...
  3. yellow exclamation mark device manager

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    yellow exclamation mark device manager: I installed 1903 win 10 home now in device manager pci other device has yellow mark I have already installed chipset software it was not there in 1809 version 140644
  4. Device Manager in windows 10 does not recognize my Logictech C920 web cam.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Device Manager in windows 10 does not recognize my Logictech C920 web cam.: The only camera that comes up is the integrated web cam. the mic for the C920 web cam shows up, but not the camera itself. I have tried downloaded the latest drivers, unplugged and replugged in the camera. The USB does work, I plugged in the plug for my wireless mouse and...
  5. How to bring back items in Device Manager Win 10 ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to bring back items in Device Manager Win 10 ?: How to bring back items in Device Manager Win 10 ? ========================================== Thanks for replies to my postings. 1) I find my built-in DVD/CD drive was not responding . I did not see this drive in window explorer within drives node. It showed in device...
  6. I am trying to disable my laptop keyboard through the device manager, but the driver keeps...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I am trying to disable my laptop keyboard through the device manager, but the driver keeps...: I am trying to disable my laptop keyboard by uninstalling it through the device manager. After doing so, it says I need to restart my computer. I do so, but it seems to reinstall the driver when it starts up, so it is still working. I've tried turning off Window's...
  7. Some settings are managed by your organization. Type: Mobile Device Management. Malware?...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Some settings are managed by your organization. Type: Mobile Device Management. Malware?...: Hello, I would really appreciate some help. As you can see below, there are a myriad of properties that are not under my control. This is a private computer that I built. I also have a fully licensed and legal copy of windows that I bought I tried doing the registry...
  8. Device Manager - Unknow USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed

Device Manager - Unknow USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed: Hi I went on the forum and found what looked to be exactly my problem answered there but it doesn't seem to be the same. I have Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) flashing on my computer. I believe it is my XP Pen which has gone faulty, the pen isn't...
  9. Camera / Webcam not on device manager list - Windows 10

Camera / Webcam not on device manager list - Windows 10: HI there, I have an HP Envy with Windows 10 and can't seem to get my webcam / camera to work. It is not listed on the Device Manager list. Thanks for the help. JP...
  10. No "Other devices" in device manager?

No "Other devices" in device manager?: I´m having trouble with a game controller: ASTRO C40. To get it working I got adviced to locate a driver in "Other devices" and update it. But there is no "Other devices" on my PC. In fact "ASTRO C40" is nowhere to be found at all. What to do? [ATTACH]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the device cannot start couldnt allocate memory for preparse data