Windows 10: Manage GPU Utilization What Setting Should Be Chose

Discus and support Manage GPU Utilization What Setting Should Be Chose in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I have an HP NVIDIA NVS 310 512MB and in the settings i found Manage GPU Utilization Which the selected choice is in the picture. Im wondering if my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by DavisPCRepair, Jul 30, 2019.

1. Manage GPU Utilization What Setting Should Be Chose

I have an HP NVIDIA NVS 310 512MB and in the settings i found Manage GPU Utilization Which the selected choice is in the picture. Im wondering if my type of card supports this when the os is windows 10 pro or should i switch the setting to dedicate for graphics tasks?

Manage GPU Utilization What Setting Should Be Chose [​IMG]

Manage GPU Utilization What Setting Should Be Chose [​IMG]

:)

DavisPCRepair, Jul 30, 2019
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jul 30, 2019
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    Desktop Window Manager(DWM.exe) using high GPU

Hi Hasnat,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft community Forums.

In Windows, desktop composition is performed by Desktop Windows Manager. The way applications display pixels on the screen, it is managed by DWM. When desktop composition is enabled, individual windows no longer draw directly to the screen or primary
    display device as they did in previous versions of Windows. Instead, their drawing is redirected to off-screen surfaces in video memory, which are then rendered into a desktop image and presented on the display.

The GPU (NVidia) usage of 35-40% by games is absolutely normal, however at the same time Desktop Windows Manager is using the high percentage of Intel GPU, which isn’t normal and it might be the cause of the low FPS.

I suggest to refer to the suggestions given by Reymichael Ros, dated March 2, 2018 on

Desktop Windows Manager (dwm.exe) load GPU too much.

If the above step doesn’t work, you may try setting the NVidia card to maximum performance and disable Intel graphics adapter to see if it works.

• Right click on desktop and select NVidia Control Panel from the context menu.
    • Now on the left hand pane expand 3D settings.
    • Click on Manage 3D settings.
    • Under Preferred graphics processor, select
      High-performance NVidia processor.
    • Click on Apply.

Before disabling the Intel graphics adapter, I would recommend to create a system restore point. Please refer to the article:
    Create a system restore point.

• Press Windows key + R. This will open
      Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for
      Run.
    • In Run dialog box, type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.
    • Expand Display adapters.
    • Now right click on the Intel Graphics drivers and click on
      Disable.
    • Click on OK.
    • Reboot the computer and check the frame rate.
    In case disabling Intel graphics adapter does not work, I would suggest to uninstall the Intel graphics drivers completely and install the latest drivers from the Intel support site.

• Press Windows key + R. This will open
      Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for
      Run.
    • In Run dialog box, type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.
    • Expand Display adapters.
    • Now right click on the Intel Graphics drivers and click on
      Uninstall.
    • Check the checkbox to delete the drivers from the computer and reboot the computer.
    • Download and install latest drivers from

Downloads for Intel HD Graphics 630

If none of the above methods works, I would encourage you to provide your feedback and suggestions using the Windows 10 Feedback Hub app, so that the Windows developer team has direct access to it.

Send feedback to Microsoft with Feedback Hub

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Jul 30, 2019
  4. Arul_D Win User

Manage GPU Utilization What Setting Should Be Chose

GrooveMonitor Utility on fresh copy of windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As I understand that groove monitor utility is running as a startup process on a windows 10 computer which you have not installed.

I would suggest you to check the file location of groove monitor utility and check where is the file location it has been installed.

Follow the steps to find the file location of the particular process.

• Press Alt + Ctrl + Delete

• Open task manager

• Click on Process tab

• Right click on Groove Monitor Utility and click on file location
    Reply us back with more information. We will be happy to assist you.

Arul_D, Jul 30, 2019
Thema:

Manage GPU Utilization What Setting Should Be Chose

1. Manage GPU Utilization What Setting Should Be Chose - Similar Threads - Manage GPU Utilization

2. What should I do, I factory reset my pc on windows 10 through the settings menu and chose...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What should I do, I factory reset my pc on windows 10 through the settings menu and chose...: I factory reset my windows 10 pc and now my ox keeps turning on and off and never fully loading to let me do anything, what should I do to fix it...
  3. What should I do, I factory reset my pc on windows 10 through the settings menu and chose...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What should I do, I factory reset my pc on windows 10 through the settings menu and chose...: I factory reset my windows 10 pc and now my ox keeps turning on and off and never fully loading to let me do anything, what should I do to fix it...
  4. Process's GPU Utilization is Missing in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Process's GPU Utilization is Missing in Task Manager: After I updated Windows 11 22H2, only CPU, Memory, Disk, and Network utilization are shown in the "Processes" tab. Before the update, I could also see the graphics usage and power draw, as well as the usages currently visible. I currently have installed the latest Nvidia...
  5. Process's GPU Utilization is Missing in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Process's GPU Utilization is Missing in Task Manager: After I updated Windows 11 22H2, only CPU, Memory, Disk, and Network utilization are shown in the "Processes" tab. Before the update, I could also see the graphics usage and power draw, as well as the usages currently visible. I currently have installed the latest Nvidia...
  6. 100% GPU utilization in Task Manager for no reason

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    100% GPU utilization in Task Manager for no reason: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/dadmou5 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/yjzuu8/100_gpu_utilization_in_task_manager_for_no_reason/
  7. Apps & Features. Some of these settings are hidden or manage by your organisation, chose...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apps & Features. Some of these settings are hidden or manage by your organisation, chose...: I got new pc from shop yesterday. Tried to install node.js and got the problem, that i have that restriction. How to get rid from this restriction. [ATTACH]...
  8. Computer Will Not Utilize Correct GPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Will Not Utilize Correct GPU: I just built my new computer and when I got windows booted and such I realized that my computer is not using the correct card. When running games and watching videos my computer will use an Intel r630 card. While my 1080 ti is installed but not being used. I have all of my...
  9. Video capture - what bitrate should I chose

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video capture - what bitrate should I chose: Hi folks I have a video capture program (VIVA studio) which captures a 1920 X 1080p HD video signal from a hardware capture device via HDMI. The HDMI splitter simply splits signal from a SKY Q box or am Amazon fire stick - depending on what I want to capture into the...
  10. PageFile what should it be set too??

in Windows 10 Support
    PageFile what should it be set too??: Hi All, I am trying to determine the Proper Size for my Pagefile.. I have seen numerous posts and lots of different info.. Ithink I am supposed to et it at 1.5 to 2.0 times my Ram amount.. I was wondering what the experts had to say about this.. 83783