Windows 10: "manage known networks" is empty in wifi settings

Discus and support "manage known networks" is empty in wifi settings in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I rarely use wifi but noticed today after connecting that it would not reconnect automatically. I was fine with 1809 but am now on 1903, including... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by johnhoh, Jun 12, 2019.

1. johnhoh Win User

"manage known networks" is empty in wifi settings

I rarely use wifi but noticed today after connecting that it would not reconnect automatically. I was fine with 1809 but am now on 1903, including yesterday's update. Here are the symptoms and what I have tried:

symptoms:
    can connect to wifi, asks for network password, box that says "connect automatically" is checked. But then after a reboot, or just after disconnecting, it acts like it doesn't know the network and I have to sign in all over again. If I go into settings > wifi > Manage Known Networks, its just empty. Even after connecting, manage known networks is empty.

I tried uninstalling/reinstalling the wifi adapter but that did not help. Windows appears unable to save a wireless network profile. Not sure what to do next

:)

johnhoh, Jun 12, 2019

2. Can't uncheck WIFI "Connect Automatically"

Hi,

Have you tried removing the network from the list? Your network credentials may still be saved on your Wifi settings.

We suggest you to remove the preferred network and reconnect it. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows icon.
    • Click Settings.
    • Select Network and Internet.
    • On the left pane, click Wifi.
    • Click on link Manage Wifi Settings.
    • There is prompt, click on Manage known networks
    • Select the network you want to forget.
    Once you remove the network it will no longer appear on the list. You may need to reconnect it, if you want.

Let us know how it goes.

Jesebel Ova, Jun 12, 2019
  3. [dr] Win User
    Nokia 700 - WiFi doesn't auto-connect to known networks when within range?

Hello.

I have a Nokia 700. Upgraded to 112.010.1404 via Nokia Suite as soon as I got it. I have set my WiFi network as the highest priority. I can connect to my WiFi network, yet after a while of inactivity the phone starts using 3G data again. I go into the WiFi
    networks and see that my network is listed as "Known" but not "Connected". I have to manually select it to re-connect.

Power saving mode for WiFi is set to off.

Is there a setting to automatically connect to any known WiFi network when in range? I am happy to manage battery life by manually turning ove WiFi when not needed. Thanks in advance.

4. "manage known networks" is empty in wifi settings

Keeps connecting to an open WiFi that's not on the "known" list

I've got a weird problem I can't figure out:

New Surface Book running Windows 10. Every time it boots, it connects to "xfinitywifi" (an open WiFi access point apparently belonging to a neighbor). This AP has "limited connectivity", though, so no internet access (and I don't want to be connected to it, anyways!).

I've previously connected to my home WiFi, and this is the only network listed in my "Manage known networks" list. When I manually "disconnect" from xfinitywifi, Windows automatically connects to my home WiFi. For some reason, though, on boot up, it automatically connects to this open network (despite being set to NOT connect to open networks), and it prefers this open network over my (secured) known network.

I have disabled the "Wi-Fi Sense" "feature".

Any ideas?

awesomesauce, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

"manage known networks" is empty in wifi settings

1. "manage known networks" is empty in wifi settings - Similar Threads - manage known networks

2. Manage known networks only last connect WiFi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Manage known networks only last connect WiFi: I only see the last connected network in the list of known networks. If I want to log in to the previous network I have to enter your password. The network reset did not help.I suppose there might be a problem somewhere in the registers. In the picture you can see that...
  3. Manage known networks only last connect WiFi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Manage known networks only last connect WiFi: I only see the last connected network in the list of known networks. If I want to log in to the previous network I have to enter your password. The network reset did not help.I suppose there might be a problem somewhere in the registers. In the picture you can see that...
  4. Manage known networks only last connect WiFi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. WIFI "Manage Known Networks" list is empty even while connected. Have to reconnect WIFI...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WIFI "Manage Known Networks" list is empty even while connected. Have to reconnect WIFI...: When I go to WIFI Settings and click on Manage Known Networks, it lists no networks, not even the one I am connected to. Furthermore, whenever I turn on the computer, Win10 does not remember my WIFI Networks. This is only an issue with my desktop running Windows10. Other...
  6. WiFi appears in Manage Known Networks but not in Show Available Networks

WiFi appears in Manage Known Networks but not in Show Available Networks: I have two Internet Service Providers at home, one is on fibre and other on landline. Both of them were available on my Desktop, Laptop and iPhone till recently. The fibre of the connection has suddenly disappeared from the Desktop only although it shows in Manage Known...
  7. WiFi appears in Manage Known Networks, not in Show Available Networks

WiFi appears in Manage Known Networks, not in Show Available Networks: I have two Internet Service Providers at home, one is on fibre and other on landline. Both of them were available on my Desktop, Laptop and iPhone till recently. The fibre of the connection has suddenly disappeared from the Desktop only although it shows in Manage Known...
  8. Manage Known Networks not an option

Manage Known Networks not an option: I was finding my computer was having some trouble with the wifi. When I ran the troubleshooter, it told me the problem was that I was not set up to connect to a given network automatically. Given that this network is one I used on a business trip on the other side of the...
  9. "manage known networks" is empty in wifi settings

in Windows 10 Support
    "manage known networks" is empty in wifi settings: I rarely use wifi but noticed today after connecting that it would not reconnect automatically. I was fine with 1809 but am now on 1903, including yesterday's update. Here are the symptoms and what I have tried: symptoms: can connect to wifi, asks for network password, box...
  10. "show available networks" & "manage known networks" disappeared

"show available networks" & "manage known networks" disappeared: hi! all, under "wireless network connection" settings, there are "show available networks" & "manage known networks" options that can be clicked. however, when I tried to click on either option, nothing happens. if I tried to click on the wifi icon on lower right hand...