Windows 10: Manage Known Networks not an option

Discus and support Manage Known Networks not an option in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was finding my computer was having some trouble with the wifi. When I ran the troubleshooter, it told me the problem was that I was not set up to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Skcamero, Sep 8, 2019.

1. Skcamero Win User

Manage Known Networks not an option

I was finding my computer was having some trouble with the wifi. When I ran the troubleshooter, it told me the problem was that I was not set up to connect to a given network automatically. Given that this network is one I used on a business trip on the other side of the country, I have no need for it to be on my computer anymore. When I looked into how to forget a wifi network, all instruction guides tell me I need to go to "Manage Known Networks" in the network settings. I do not have this option. Without this option, how do I forget a wifi network I have no way to connect to? If that is not possible, how do I force this option to show? I am the administrator and sole user of my computer.

:)

Skcamero, Sep 8, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

WiFi and Bluetooth Options Disappeared from Device management

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run the Network Adapter troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Network Adapter troubleshooter.
    Step 2: You may follow the steps and check if it helps in resolving the issue, as the device might be hidden.

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click on Device Manager.

• Click on View.

• Click on Show
        Hidden Devices.

• Search for the Bluetooth device.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Sep 8, 2019
  3. Boatvan Win User
    Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, Sep 8, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Lost saved/known networks

Hi ItsSophie

If that update has wiped that list of known networks (it should not have wiped them), I am sorry, it will not be possible to automatically get that list back, that list is stored in the registry at the location below and that update must have cleaned out your
    registry

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\NetworkList\Profiles

You will need to log back into each network to re-add that back to the list of known networks, sorry . . .

DaveM121, Sep 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Manage Known Networks not an option - Similar Threads - Manage Known Networks

2. Manage known networks only last connect WiFi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Manage known networks only last connect WiFi: I only see the last connected network in the list of known networks. If I want to log in to the previous network I have to enter your password. The network reset did not help.I suppose there might be a problem somewhere in the registers. In the picture you can see that...
  3. Manage known networks only last connect WiFi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Manage known networks only last connect WiFi: I only see the last connected network in the list of known networks. If I want to log in to the previous network I have to enter your password. The network reset did not help.I suppose there might be a problem somewhere in the registers. In the picture you can see that...
  4. Network shows on PC "Manage Known Networks" but not on Available Networks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network shows on PC "Manage Known Networks" but not on Available Networks: Several PCs use the network OK, and the problem PC is only 2 metres from the Router. It shows lots of other networks, but not the one which it should show, as used by the other PCs and showing in "Manage Known Networks" . I put it there anually. Trouble shooter does not help....
  5. windows 10 pro Manage known networks option missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 pro Manage known networks option missing: I running the latest available update for Windows 10. I've verified I'm loggged in as Administrator but I have no option to manage known networks and clicking on the known network does not allow for for the forget option. How so I get the options back?...
  6. WiFi appears in Manage Known Networks but not in Show Available Networks

WiFi appears in Manage Known Networks but not in Show Available Networks: I have two Internet Service Providers at home, one is on fibre and other on landline. Both of them were available on my Desktop, Laptop and iPhone till recently. The fibre of the connection has suddenly disappeared from the Desktop only although it shows in Manage Known...
  7. WiFi appears in Manage Known Networks, not in Show Available Networks

WiFi appears in Manage Known Networks, not in Show Available Networks: I have two Internet Service Providers at home, one is on fibre and other on landline. Both of them were available on my Desktop, Laptop and iPhone till recently. The fibre of the connection has suddenly disappeared from the Desktop only although it shows in Manage Known...
  8. "manage known networks" is empty in wifi settings

"manage known networks" is empty in wifi settings: I rarely use wifi but noticed today after connecting that it would not reconnect automatically. I was fine with 1809 but am now on 1903, including yesterday's update. Here are the symptoms and what I have tried: symptoms: can connect to wifi, asks for network password, box...
  9. "manage known networks" is empty in wifi settings

in Windows 10 Support
    "manage known networks" is empty in wifi settings: I rarely use wifi but noticed today after connecting that it would not reconnect automatically. I was fine with 1809 but am now on 1903, including yesterday's update. Here are the symptoms and what I have tried: symptoms: can connect to wifi, asks for network password, box...
  10. "show available networks" & "manage known networks" disappeared

"show available networks" & "manage known networks" disappeared: hi! all, under "wireless network connection" settings, there are "show available networks" & "manage known networks" options that can be clicked. however, when I tried to click on either option, nothing happens. if I tried to click on the wifi icon on lower right hand...