Windows 10: Manage Microsoft Office file uploads to web servers

Discus and support Manage Microsoft Office file uploads to web servers in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I forgot to mention in my opening post, those are not popups I'm getting. What I get is a red icon in my taskbar and when I open it to see what it's... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by MeAndMyComputer, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Manage Microsoft Office file uploads to web servers

I forgot to mention in my opening post, those are not popups I'm getting. What I get is a red icon in my taskbar and when I open it to see what it's for, that's what I get. Thank you for your information Berton. I'm not sure if it apples to me but maybe it does and I don't know it. Since there isn't any harm with what's going on, I'll live with it for the time being. With the upcoming 1803 update not too far in the future, it will be interesting to see if what I'm getting continues.

MeAndMyComputer, Apr 5, 2018

2. I've been getting this "Manage Microsoft Office file uploads to web servers" recently, maybe once a week for 2 or 3 weeks, not exactly sure. I don't know why I need it. Is it related to Microsoft Office 365?

Manage Microsoft Office file uploads to web servers [​IMG]

I've been using Microsoft Office Home & Student 2016 for about a year w/o the above showing up until recently as mention.

In Programs and Features, I have

Manage Microsoft Office file uploads to web servers [​IMG]

Both items seem to be kept up-to-date with each other.
    If I uninstall Microsoft Office 365 would that cause any problems?
    --- If I have to live with it, I will but on my Microsoft Office Home & Student 2016 I don't sync or share anything

:)

MeAndMyComputer, Apr 9, 2018
  3. MandyShaw Win User
    I have Microsoft Upload Center, but do not understand how to use it.

As I understand it via a bit of googling (e.g. http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ01061.htm, Microsoft Office Upload Center),
    the Microsoft Upload Center is a utility service, part of the desktop Office 2010, that assists when Office documents are uploaded to Sharepoint or other web servers.

It doesn't look as if Office on the 'phone has any part in this at all.

To achieve the sort of results that it sounds as if you want:

You can use Sharepoint on your 'phone if you have access to a Sharepoint server.

Alternatively, SkyDrive is a free Microsoft service allowing you to sync information between your 'phone and your PC. At present this is limited to OneNote (although you can attach any file to a OneNote page and it will get sync'd), but in the WP7 Mango
    update (this autumn) support will be introduced for all Office documents.

MandyShaw, Apr 9, 2018
  4. Manage Microsoft Office file uploads to web servers

fakepath message

Assuming that you can upload files to other sites (and download files as well), it is likely that the problem must be solved on the web server side.

Stefan Blom, Apr 9, 2018
  5. Berton Win User
    My latest Office is 2013 and don't see that but it appears to be the same as or similar to FTP/File Transfer Protocal programs in uploading new or edited files to a server hosting a Domain. An example of a Domain will be this one Windows 10 Help Forums, Amazon, DistroWatch.com: Put the fun back into computing. Use Linux, BSD. and any number of government sites using .gov, educational sites using .edu, etc. If you don't have that need you might be able to turn it off in that window, uncheck everything or maybe in Options, Settings, Preferences, etc.

Berton, Apr 9, 2018
Thema:

Manage Microsoft Office file uploads to web servers

1. Manage Microsoft Office file uploads to web servers - Similar Threads - Manage Microsoft Office

2. BSOD while uploading files or browsing web

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD while uploading files or browsing web: Hello,Troubleshooting a new build with fresh drivers but one seems to be misbehaving nonetheless. Crashed a few times while trying to upload and/or watch some videos.I have tried Driver Verifier and will include the dump it produced. It didn't exactly pinpoint the driver...
  3. BSOD while uploading files or browsing web

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD while uploading files or browsing web: Hello,Troubleshooting a new build with fresh drivers but one seems to be misbehaving nonetheless. Crashed a few times while trying to upload and/or watch some videos.I have tried Driver Verifier and will include the dump it produced. It didn't exactly pinpoint the driver...
  4. BSOD while uploading files or browsing web

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. When uploading the file to the server with the BIST service, are the server using idle...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When uploading the file to the server with the BIST service, are the server using idle...: HiI want to use the BITS service to upload data to an HTTP server. I know that IIS must be on the server, the IIS virtual directory must be enabled for uploads, and have the BITS IIS extensions configured. The question we have and we could not find a definite answer to it is...
  6. When uploading the file to the server with the BIST service, are the server using idle...

When uploading the file to the server with the BIST service, are the server using idle...: HiI want to use the BITS service to upload data to an HTTP server. I know that IIS must be on the server, the IIS virtual directory must be enabled for uploads, and have the BITS IIS extensions configured. The question we have and we could not find a definite answer to it is...
  7. Microsoft Office Picture Manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Office Picture Manager: I have Microsoft 2007 64 bit installed. But only "Microsoft Office Picture Manager" is installed, because this is my Picture manager for a very long time and I do not want to move to another for making simple changes on images. Unfortunately, I am not in a position to make...
  8. Microsoft 365 improves web and desktop productivity in Office Office

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft 365 improves web and desktop productivity in Office Office: With school back in session and work schedules ramping up, this time of year can be hectic. So it’s the perfect moment to highlight app updates and enhancements that help you work more productively—with the flexibility and mobility that modern life demands. We’re committed to...
  9. Microsoft Office Picture Manager

Microsoft Office Picture Manager: I was working on minor editing of some pictures in Microsoft Office Picture Manager. After I had edited about 30 pictures, I closed the last one and the box came up with all the pictures I had edited. It said there were changes that had not been saved. I clicked on Save and...
  10. Office Upload Center

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office Upload Center: The upload center is trying to upload 2000 + files that I never instructed or set it up to do. Saw the triangle exclamation mark, opened the center and saw the list. How do I stop this upload process? Thanks. 33835

Users found this page by searching for:

1. manage microsoft office file uploads