Windows 10: Manage Network Share with Different Credentials

Discus and support Manage Network Share with Different Credentials in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have the following use-case: I have all my pictures on a Networked Attached Storage (NAS) that supports Windows Sharing. I use Adobe Lightroom to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Pait, Dec 9, 2018.

1. Pait Win User

Manage Network Share with Different Credentials

I have the following use-case:

I have all my pictures on a Networked Attached Storage (NAS) that supports Windows Sharing. I use Adobe Lightroom to manage my pictures. I want to map a network drive to a drive letter using either READONLY-ACCESS credentials or FULL-ACCESS credentials. When I am simply editing pictures, I want it to be read-only. If I need to add or delete files, then I need full access.

What is the best way for me to quickly switch between sessions using different credentials while keeping the same network share letter.

I have been searching the internet for quite some time and have been trying it out and nothing seems to be working. I can't even seem to disconnect from the network share, even after literally clicking "Disconnect" from the network share. I don't even know how to disconnect from a network share in such a way that Windows will ask me for the password again.

I am using Windows 10 Home and Pro (two computers) and would like a solution that involves me either clicking desktop shortcuts like "Connect READONLY" and "Connect FULL ACCESS".

Thanks.

:)

Pait, Dec 9, 2018

2. Network Credentials

Hi Sammy,

To assist you better regarding your concern with network credentials, have you checked the Windows credentials for any information about the username and password for the network credentials? If not yet, follow the steps below to access Windows Credentials
    manager.

• Press the Windows icon on the desktop.
    • Type in Windows Credentials.
    We would appreciate as well if you could provide us a screenshot.

Let us know how it goes.

Carlos Tin, Dec 9, 2018
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Windows Network Credentials

Hi Keith,

We suggest that you disable Credential Manager before mapping your Drives. Please follow these steps to disable Credential Manager:

• In the search box type “Services
    • Right click on “Services” and select “Run as Administrator
    • In the Services Window, look for Credential Manager Service and click “Stop”.
    • Restart the computer and go back the Credential Manager Service and set it to “Automatic”.
    • Restart the computer again.

Please keep us updated if you were able to map your drives.

Ryan Fra, Dec 9, 2018
  4. Arun B J Win User

Network Credentials

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

• Go to control panel
    • Select Network and sharing center
    • Click on Advance sharing Settings
    • Click on all network
    • Turn off password protected sharing
    Check if it helps

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist

Arun B J, Dec 9, 2018
Thema:

1. Manage Network Share with Different Credentials - Similar Threads - Manage Network Share

2. Network Share Folder Keeps Asking for Network Credentials Even Though Credentials Are...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Share Folder Keeps Asking for Network Credentials Even Though Credentials Are...: I am running into an issue where Windows is asking me to input the network credentials to a network shared folder. I have ensured that "remember credentials" has been checked on when inputting these credentials, yet every day I try to access the network share, I get a prompt...
  3. Network Share Folder Keeps Asking for Network Credentials Even Though Credentials Are...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network Share Folder Keeps Asking for Network Credentials Even Though Credentials Are...: I am running into an issue where Windows is asking me to input the network credentials to a network shared folder. I have ensured that "remember credentials" has been checked on when inputting these credentials, yet every day I try to access the network share, I get a prompt...
  4. Connecting to Share Drive On VPN requires Credential Manager Resubmission of Network...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connecting to Share Drive On VPN requires Credential Manager Resubmission of Network...: When trying to access the share drive, we get a message that it is not accessible.We have to then go to windows credentials, click the drop down for "sessions", and edit our password. Once this is reset, we can hit the share. This has to be done by us every time we connect to...
  5. Connecting to Share Drive On VPN requires Credential Manager Resubmission of Network...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting to Share Drive On VPN requires Credential Manager Resubmission of Network...: When trying to access the share drive, we get a message that it is not accessible.We have to then go to windows credentials, click the drop down for "sessions", and edit our password. Once this is reset, we can hit the share. This has to be done by us every time we connect to...
  6. Connecting to Share Drive On VPN requires Credential Manager Resubmission of Network...

7. Enter Network Credentials - sharing files on a home network

Enter Network Credentials - sharing files on a home network: I have two PC, one running windows 11, the other w10.I am signed into both machinesI have all the network sharing options turned on in bothIn the W10 I can see in file explorer the w11 machineIn the W11 I can see in file explorer the w10 machineWhen i click to connect it asks...
  8. Printer Sharing and Network credential access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Printer Sharing and Network credential access: Hello: I have two desktops running Windows 10. One is a new one and I would like to be able to print from the USB connected printer on the other desktop. Problem is when I go to access my other computer which I can see, it pops up asking for security credentials. I really...
  9. Network sharing asking for network credentials

Network sharing asking for network credentials: I am trying to connect to other pc's on my home network and have turned off password protected sharing. I can see the other computer in file explorer, but when I click on it I am asked for "Network Credentials". I have entered the Microsoft username and password and the...
  10. Network Share - Prompt for credentials

Network Share - Prompt for credentials: Hi, I have recently gotten a Windows 10 machine. In my network I have Windows 8.1 machine with shared folders, and several other Windows 8/7 laptops with access. All those computers (including Xbox One) can see my desktop share computer and folders + access to the content...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what happens if you disable the credential manager w10