Windows 10: Manage Optional Features

Discus and support Manage Optional Features in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have been getting plenty of recent notifications that say stuff like "This feature was unable to be installed" and I click on the notification for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SamCp12, Dec 8, 2018.

1. SamCp12 Win User

Manage Optional Features

I have been getting plenty of recent notifications that say stuff like "This feature was unable to be installed" and I click on the notification for more information and it takes me to the "Manage Optional Features" page in settings and shows me that this has happened plenty of times for various different features, to name a few: "English (US) writing", "Internet Explorer 11" and "OpenSSH Client". Any info on how I can allow these features to be installed without being failing would be greatly apreciated.

:)

SamCp12, Dec 8, 2018
  2. Jaune Bel Win User

manage optional features

Hi Alicia,

There could be a setting that has been configured to open the Manage optional features automatically. We'd like to know a few things so we could provide an accurate resolution. Kindly answer the following:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Is Manage optional features popping up right after you turn on your computer or while using it?
    • Are you trying to disable the Manage optional features completely?

If you're trying to disable any of the optional features, here are the steps on how to do it :

• Go to Control Panel and click on Programs.
    • Click on the Turn Windows features on or off.
    • On Windows Features, select the feature(s) that you want to enable or disable and click
      OK.
    • Restart your computer as the wizard says to complete the task.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Jaune Bel, Dec 8, 2018
  3. How to remove all entries in windows 10 Optional Feature History

Hello,

To help you with your concern, we suggest that you try to follow the steps provided below:

• Open Settings > System, and select Apps & features from the left side.
    • Click on the Manage optional features link.
    • To remove an app or a feature, select the feature and click on the Uninstall button.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marivel Man, Dec 8, 2018
  4. Manage Optional Features

Manage Optional Features Pops Up Every 30 Seconds

Hi,

One of the possible reasons that this issue occurs is due to corrupted or missing system files. As an initial troubleshooting try to disable the optional features by following these steps:

• Click the Start button, then type Control Panel and then press
      Enter.
    • Click on Programs, then click
      Programs and Features.
    • Click on Turn Windows features on or off, and click on the
      View all option on the left pane.
    • On Windows Features, select the feature(s) that you want to enable or disable and click OK.
    • Restart your computer as the wizard says to complete the task.

If the issue persists, follow these steps to run the command prompt as administrator to disable the pop-up windows.

• Right-click the Start button then select
      Command Prompt(admin).
    • Enter this command schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\Windows\LanguageComponentsInstaller\Installation" /Disable
    • If it does not help, enable it back by entering this command
      schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\Windows\LanguageComponentsInstaller\Installation" /Enable

You can also refer to the resolution provided by
    ralphem
    in this
    thread
    and check if it will help you with the issue.

Update us with the outcome.

Efraim Gar, Dec 8, 2018
Thema:

Manage Optional Features

1. Manage Optional Features - Similar Threads - Manage Optional Features

2. i dont have printer management on manage optional features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i dont have printer management on manage optional features: Hi,I have an operating system Windows 10 version build 19045.4291. I need to install print management and I don't have the option to install through manage optional features. I did Windows updates....
  3. i dont have printer management on manage optional features

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i dont have printer management on manage optional features: Hi,I have an operating system Windows 10 version build 19045.4291. I need to install print management and I don't have the option to install through manage optional features. I did Windows updates....
  4. i dont have printer management on manage optional features

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. App > Optional Features > Windows Storage Management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App > Optional Features > Windows Storage Management: Hello,What capabilities does the Windows Storage Management have if installed as an optional feature? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-optional-features-windows-storage-management/2ccba1e5-b78f-4bee-8acf-ab99d80bd880
  6. App > Optional Features > Windows Storage Management

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App > Optional Features > Windows Storage Management: Hello,What capabilities does the Windows Storage Management have if installed as an optional feature? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-optional-features-windows-storage-management/2ccba1e5-b78f-4bee-8acf-ab99d80bd880
  7. Optional features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Optional features: I cant download 'Windows media pack' or 'Media feature pack' through optional features. When i try to go to 'Add a feature' and find these two features and click install they are bugged like this: https://prnt.sc/26ednvd , and wont install from this point....
  8. how to manage optional features

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to manage optional features: I have been getting plenty of recent notifications that say stuff like "This feature was unable to be installed" and I click on the notification for more information and it takes me to the "Manage Optional Features" page in settings and shows me that this has happened plenty...
  9. Settings->System->Apps&Features->Manage Optional Features Question

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings->System->Apps&Features->Manage Optional Features Question: I have a question, while I know that for foreign language keyboard input which is under Settings -> Time & Language -> Region & language, what is the purpose of the one under Settings -> System -> Apps & Features -> Manage Optional Features as it seems like you can add some...
  10. Manage Optional Features in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Manage Optional Features in Windows 10: How to: Manage Optional Features in Windows 10 How to Manage Optional Features in Windows 10 This tutorial will show you how to add or remove optional features for all users in Windows 10. Starting with Windows 10 build 18963, Microsoft made a number of usability...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. manage optional features