Windows 10: Manage permissions is not greyed out on one child

Discus and support Manage permissions is not greyed out on one child in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I just set up parental controls. On one child, the manage permissions section is not greyed out. He can change restrictions at will once he discovers... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by RoseAnnThompson, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Manage permissions is not greyed out on one child

I just set up parental controls. On one child, the manage permissions section is not greyed out. He can change restrictions at will once he discovers this. How do I fix this?

:)

RoseAnnThompson, Jan 23, 2021
  2. Jan123 Win User

Child Account Get Greyed Out

Thanks for the suggestion, but I did the following instead.

I have another laptop, 2 weeks old, with Windows 10 Home on it.

On that one, I tried the same steps with the child account, and got the exact same results.

Jan123, Jan 23, 2021
  3. No permissions

Hi,

I would suggest you to right click on the user's folder for your profile and check if the permissions shows as "read only'. If this is the case, it might be causing the issue. In this case, I would suggest you to go to C:\User folder, right click on the
    folder with your username and follow these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later. Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Jan 23, 2021
  4. Mala_S Win User

Manage permissions is not greyed out on one child

Manage my child's profile info does NOT show my kid

Hello Jabka71,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Your child's account could be in a different region than yours. To comply with regional regulations around data protection, the child and the adult providing consent need to be in the same regulatory region. It might also be due
    to the account is not configured in the right way. Kindly follow the steps mentioned below to reconfigure the feature.

Step 1: Update your region.

• Go to Your info on account.microsoft.com and sign in.
    • Select Edit country/region.
    • Update your country or region to match your child's, then make sure the other settings are up to date. Select Save to finish up.

Step 2: Remove a child and add a child to your family.

• To remove a child from the list, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the article:

Remove members or leave your family group

• To add a child, sign in to
      https://account.microsoft.com/profile/
      >> Go to
      Select a child to view or edit their settings and then select
      Add
    • Enter your child's email address and select
      Send invite. You need to accept the email invitation from a device with the Child account currently logged in.

For additional information, you can go through the article which talks about
    Parental consent and Microsoft child accounts and
    Set up and manage your family.

Hope it helps.

Mala.S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Mala_S, Jan 23, 2021
Thema:

Manage permissions is not greyed out on one child

1. Manage permissions is not greyed out on one child - Similar Threads - Manage permissions greyed

2. Permissions Change Greyed Out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permissions Change Greyed Out: I have attached an image below. I can't change owner because it is greyed out which it shouldn't https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/permissions-change-greyed-out/10c585ce-3c3b-471f-b2f8-3b7e1ee07aff
  3. Permissions Change Greyed Out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Permissions Change Greyed Out: I have attached an image below. I can't change owner because it is greyed out which it shouldn't https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/permissions-change-greyed-out/10c585ce-3c3b-471f-b2f8-3b7e1ee07aff
  4. Manage permissions for child account shows no options

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Manage permissions for child account shows no options: In an effort to be allowed to change the date of birth on my now well over a decade old account, I have been forced to create a new account and add the old one to a family group with the new one acting as a parent account. I'm supposedly able to change the age on my original...
  5. Manage permissions for child account shows no options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Manage permissions for child account shows no options: In an effort to be allowed to change the date of birth on my now well over a decade old account, I have been forced to create a new account and add the old one to a family group with the new one acting as a parent account. I'm supposedly able to change the age on my original...
  6. Manage permissions for child account shows no options

7. Extend volume in Disk Management, greyed out

Extend volume in Disk Management, greyed out: 1. Previously, I deleted the New Volume D: using Delete Volume, in Disk Management. Then I restarted the PC. Unallocated space of 488.28 GB was visible, but Extend Volume option was greyed out after right-clicking on OS C:.2. In Control Panel\System and Security\BitLocker...
  8. Permissions greyed out, cannot take ownership.

Permissions greyed out, cannot take ownership.: Hey guys trying to take control of this folder but the option is greyed out, check attachment ! I tried taking ownership but it doesnt work. The option change is greyed out. Is their any way to do this? [img] 168861
  9. RuntimeBroker - Launch and Activation Permissions - ADD is greyed out

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RuntimeBroker - Launch and Activation Permissions - ADD is greyed out: I've been getting a few annoying DistributedCOM warnings (Event ID 10016) in Event Viewer such as... The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54} and...
  10. Child Account Get Greyed Out

Child Account Get Greyed Out: I added a child account to my Windows 10 Home machine. When the child logs in, the following happens: 1. Go to Store. 2. Selects a free game rated "Everyone". 3. Selects the blue "Get" which changes to "Working" 4. There is a pop-up window which: says "Subject to...