Windows 10: Manage sound devices

Discus and support Manage sound devices in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; can not enable speaker https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/manage-sound-devices/3fad3737-efc7-4c7a-b9d1-b9686ced003d Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Luke.Smith, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Manage sound devices

can not enable speaker

:)

Luke.Smith, Aug 11, 2020

2. After installing Windows 10 sound driver is not available in Device Manager and issues with sound.

Hi John,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if sound driver is corrupt.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that "there is nothing in the device manager for sound gone", is the sound driver available in the Device Manager driver list?
    • Are you getting any error message on the computer?

I suggest you to refer to the steps provided in the below Microsoft Help Article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Please get back to us with an update on issue with sound on Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Aug 11, 2020
  3. USB devices have yellow marker in device manager under 'Other devices'

Hi Roger,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Let me help you.

• What is the make and model of your devices?

I suggest you to perform the following troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

I suggest you to run hardware and devices troubleshooter and check.

• Press the Windows + X,
      and click on Search.

• Type troubleshooting and select
      Troubleshooting

• Click on Hardware and Sound and select
      Hardware and Devices

• Click on Next to run the troubleshooter

Method 2: Update USB Controllers.

To update the USB Controllers from Device Manager follow these steps.

• Go to Device manager in control panel.

• Select Device manager and a Device Manager window will pop-up.

• Double Click on USB Controllers to expand.

• Right click on the USB Controllers that is listed and select Update.

I hope the information helps. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Aswin_Anand, Aug 11, 2020
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Manage sound devices

Sound and Playback Devices

Hi,

To further isolate the issue, please provide the details these following questions:

• Have you updated your driver? If you did, where did get the updates?

• Have you check the properties of your device in device manager? Kindly post a screenshot of the status in of the
      drivers in device manager.

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

You can try to run the
    Playing Audio
    and
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    to do an automated fix on this matter. To run the troubleshooter, follow these steps:

Playing Audio:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting.

• Chose
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on
      Playing Audio
      to run the troubleshooter

Hardware and Devices:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting.

• Chose
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on
      Hardware and Devices.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Aug 11, 2020
Thema:

Manage sound devices

1. Manage sound devices - Similar Threads - Manage sound devices

2. Device manager sound driver error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device manager sound driver error: Today i was trying to fix my cpu usage problem and i found out system thing in task manager was the problem and something called voxaldriverx64.sys I found it in system32\drivers and deleted it with some apps. In the way of deleting it i accidently deleted some drivers and...
  3. Device manager sound driver error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device manager sound driver error: Today i was trying to fix my cpu usage problem and i found out system thing in task manager was the problem and something called voxaldriverx64.sys I found it in system32\drivers and deleted it with some apps. In the way of deleting it i accidently deleted some drivers and...
  4. Sound not showing up in Device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound not showing up in Device manager: I have an older vitalTEK 810R tablet that I got in 2016. I recently had to do a fresh install of windows 10 due to the OS got corrupted some how. Before I did this the sound worked and touch screen worked. Now neither work. Can someone point me in the direction to get drivers...
  5. Sound not showing up in Device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound not showing up in Device manager: I have an older vitalTEK 810R tablet that I got in 2016. I recently had to do a fresh install of windows 10 due to the OS got corrupted some how. Before I did this the sound worked and touch screen worked. Now neither work. Can someone point me in the direction to get drivers...
  6. Sound not showing up in Device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Sound devices and Battery disappeared from Device Management

Sound devices and Battery disappeared from Device Management: I have a Mecer A105 LTE. A few days ago after the windows update, my battery icon disappeared. As well as my sound drivers internal speaker completely disappeared. No sound can be played from the device My sound drivers does not even show up under device manager even with...
  8. No sound or realtek option in device manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No sound or realtek option in device manager: Hello, yesterday everything was working fine with my pc. Today, I have no sound coming from my headset. I really don't know what went wrong, but now realtek is no longer to be found in audio options or device manager, and I my headset doesnt seem to be registered when I plug...
  9. no sound driver installed in device manager

no sound driver installed in device manager: no sound driver installed in device manager https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-driver-installed-in-device-manager/466dcbdb-e505-4255-88dd-1bda3bfdd413
  10. sound bar not seen in device manager

sound bar not seen in device manager: Windows 10 device manager does not see a JBL 5.1 sound bar. Is there a fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/sound-bar-not-seen-in-device-manager/940cd278-0c79-4ef5-8311-0136cf15387e