Windows 10: manage space

Discus and support manage space in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; using the backup and restore win 7 on my windows 10 pc, when I put the mouse pointer over the Manage Space and Change Settings, it changes to a hand... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by msdn-for-fun, Oct 23, 2019.

1. manage space

using the backup and restore win 7 on my windows 10 pc, when I put the mouse pointer over the Manage Space and Change Settings, it changes to a hand but I when I click, nothing happens.
    Any ideas please.

Thank you

jev

:)

msdn-for-fun, Oct 23, 2019
  2. Joan Pin Win User

disk space reduced after media creation tool

Hi Sarah,

One of the possible reasons why your disk space was reduced is due to an unallocated disk space on your partitions. For us to isolate your concern, we suggest that you check your device's partition. To do this, follow the steps provided below:

• Type Computer Management on Ask me anything and press
      Enter.
    • Select Storage and click on Disk Management.
    • Send us a screenshot.
    We look forward to your response.

Joan Pin, Oct 23, 2019
  3. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Oct 23, 2019
  4. manage space

Lost space of Pen Drive

Hello,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

• Have you tried connecting to a different computer?
    I suggest you to connect the USB flash drive to a different computer and check.

First back up all the data from your USB drive to another location.

I suggest you to connect the USB flash drive to a different computer and check.

Let us try the following steps, and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to refresh the drive letter and then try to rescan the drives that are connect to the computer and check.

To refresh drive letter:

• Open Computer Management (Local).
    • In the console tree, click Computer Management (Local), click
      Storage, and then click Disk Management.
    • Click Action, and then click Refresh.
    • Once you have refreshed connect the new zip drive and to update hardware information, click Rescan Disks instead.
    Step 2: For unallocated space on USB drive

• Press the Windows key, and type Diskpart.

• Click the result to open the DiskPart command prompt window.

• In the command prompt window, type list disk and hit Enter.

• The removable USB drive or hard disk will be shown under
      Disk 1.

• Type in the following commands and hit Enter.
    select disk 1

Clean

create partition primary

• The first command selects your removable USB drive.

• The Clean command deletes all the current partitions present on the USB drive.

• The Create primary partition creates a fresh partition and allocates all the unallocated space on this fresh partition.

• Type Exit to close the command prompt window.

• Unplug your USB drive and plug it back again.

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Oct 23, 2019
Thema:

manage space

1. manage space - Similar Threads - manage space

2. Disk Management not allowing me to shrink my drive beyond 2184mb, despite 160gb of space...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Management not allowing me to shrink my drive beyond 2184mb, despite 160gb of space...: Hi, I'm trying to create a seperate partition on my 1tb drive, by shrinking the partition of my current primary partition on the drive. Disk management says there's 157.67GB of free space on the drive, however the 'Size of available shrink space' when using the shrink utility...
  3. Disk Management not allowing me to shrink my drive beyond 2184mb, despite 160gb of space...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk Management not allowing me to shrink my drive beyond 2184mb, despite 160gb of space...: Hi, I'm trying to create a seperate partition on my 1tb drive, by shrinking the partition of my current primary partition on the drive. Disk management says there's 157.67GB of free space on the drive, however the 'Size of available shrink space' when using the shrink utility...
  4. Managed Storage Space under Windows 10/11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Managed Storage Space under Windows 10/11: I have configured 3 identical 4TB USB attached drives as a single mirrored/ RAID 5TB Storage Space under Windows 10. Will this SS be usable if I simply plug these 3 drives into a second machine, this one running Windows 11?...
  5. Managed Storage Space under Windows 10/11

Managed Storage Space under Windows 10/11: I have configured 3 identical 4TB USB attached drives as a single mirrored/ RAID 5TB Storage Space under Windows 10. Will this SS be usable if I simply plug these 3 drives into a second machine, this one running Windows 11?...
  6. How to combine all the unallocated space in disc manager?

How to combine all the unallocated space in disc manager?: Actually, I've partitioned three discs, but I now need extra room for the C drive, so I've taken a few gigabytes of space from another disc say d drive. There is currently no option to extend the C drive space. Now, what can I do?For testing purposes, I also attempted...
  7. How to combine all the unallocated space in disc manager?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to combine all the unallocated space in disc manager?: Actually, I've partitioned three discs, but I now need extra room for the C drive, so I've taken a few gigabytes of space from another disc say d drive. There is currently no option to extend the C drive space. Now, what can I do?For testing purposes, I also attempted...
  8. MANAGING DISK SPACE WHERE IS THAT FUNCTION ON WINDOWS 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MANAGING DISK SPACE WHERE IS THAT FUNCTION ON WINDOWS 11: MANAGING DISK SPACE WHERE DO I FIND THAT UTILITY ON WINDOWS DEFENDER WINDOWS 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/managing-disk-space-where-is-that-function-on/9a2dae07-188f-4892-874f-65ed7284f2b9
  9. MANAGING DISK SPACE WHERE IS THAT FUNCTION ON WINDOWS 11

MANAGING DISK SPACE WHERE IS THAT FUNCTION ON WINDOWS 11: MANAGING DISK SPACE WHERE DO I FIND THAT UTILITY ON WINDOWS DEFENDER WINDOWS 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/managing-disk-space-where-is-that-function-on/9a2dae07-188f-4892-874f-65ed7284f2b9
  10. Windows Manage Storage Spaces

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Manage Storage Spaces: Dear Windows Team,Are there any list of drives which are supported to use manage storage spaces.As I have 10x 5TB WD My Passport Drive all drives shows error while creating for pool like the listed drive doesn't support the pool option.Then which drives should I use?Any...