Windows 10: Manage Startup Services

Discus and support Manage Startup Services in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Need to know what services should be enabled or disabled so that boot up goes faster 19681 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by bgotwals7412, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Manage Startup Services

Need to know what services should be enabled or disabled so that boot up goes faster

:)

bgotwals7412, Aug 27, 2015
  2. RiemanC Win User

Windows 10 login problem

I normally do a clean boot.

As I mentioned in my original post, this login problem occurs even when all startup apps are disabled (under System Configuration Services and Task Manager Startup), except for the Microsoft services.

Are all the Microsoft startup services really required for startup?

Or could there be some other startup service not listed under System Configuration or Task Manager?

RiemanC, Aug 27, 2015
  3. restoring task manager services

Task manager contains startup programs. As said, Services are managed by services.msc.

If you want to change the startup items, Open Task manager and click on Startup tab.

Right-click any item you wish to enable or disable

Sumit Dhiman2, Aug 27, 2015
  4. topgundcp Win User

Manage Startup Services

topgundcp, Aug 27, 2015
  5. Cliff S New Member
    From my experience, playing with the services(and other "tweaks") only helped a tiny bit, and sometimes was counter-productive. The only thing that sped my PC up, was buying an SSD. and there are good affordable ones out there now.

Cliff S, Aug 27, 2015
  6. Kanata Win User
    As suggested, a SSD will make a big difference. Also perhaps your system motherboard has a fast boot option?

Kanata, Aug 27, 2015
  7. Arfer Daley, Aug 27, 2015
  8. acmanten Win User

Manage Startup Services

Manage Startup Services [​IMG]
    Originally Posted by topgundcp
    Manage Startup Services [​IMG]
    Everybody configures the services differently depending on their needs/Software/Hardware to run Windows.
    Here's a guide: Black Vipers Windows 10 Service Configurations » Black Viper | www.blackviper.com

Thanks for all the good posted info from the website webpage. .. Cliff M.

acmanten, Aug 27, 2015
  9. I would have to agree on both counts.

Haven't seen any real improvement from disabling all those services (unlike with previous OS versions, where there was noticeable improvement), and buying an SSD (especially NOW, since the new gen is coming out, forcing down the prices of the soon-to-become-legacy-version SSDs) does give you an immediate and lasting performance gain.

Mark Phelps, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Manage Startup Services

1. Manage Startup Services - Similar Threads - Manage Startup Services

2. Startup time of services

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup time of services: Is there a way to determine how long each of the services requires to start when Windows starts?My Windows takes more than a minute before the startup folder applications start. In the past a minute would be considered fantastic and it is not a problem except if there is...
  3. Startup time of services

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Startup time of services: Is there a way to determine how long each of the services requires to start when Windows starts?My Windows takes more than a minute before the startup folder applications start. In the past a minute would be considered fantastic and it is not a problem except if there is...
  4. Can I set 'Windows management service' to startup automatically?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I set 'Windows management service' to startup automatically?: Hi,I notice that my Intel RST is not running - and the startup has ground to a dead slow 11 mins to get to opening a browser.I've gotten rid of all non-windows applications from my startup.When I tell Intel RST to start from Services, run as Administrator, it doesn't.When I...
  5. Can I set 'Windows management service' to startup automatically?

Can I set 'Windows management service' to startup automatically?: Hi,I notice that my Intel RST is not running - and the startup has ground to a dead slow 11 mins to get to opening a browser.I've gotten rid of all non-windows applications from my startup.When I tell Intel RST to start from Services, run as Administrator, it doesn't.When I...
  6. Can I set 'Windows management service' to startup automatically?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Nothing in Startup or Task Manager Startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nothing in Startup or Task Manager Startup: The title is basically my question. I’ve tried deleted and remaking the Startup file in the user specific and other startup file. I’ve restarted File Explorer, restarted my PC some times, and I’m going to run an SFC scan when I’m back on my PC. What other thing can I do if...
  8. Nothing in Startup or Task Manager Startup

Nothing in Startup or Task Manager Startup: The title is basically my question. I’ve tried deleted and remaking the Startup file in the user specific and other startup file. I’ve restarted File Explorer, restarted my PC some times, and I’m going to run an SFC scan when I’m back on my PC. What other thing can I do if...
  9. Startup and Services

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Startup and Services: I am still new to Windows 10 but I guess the basic principles of these two internal programs are the same in Windows 7 and 10. I understand that in general disabling startup items in msconfig shortens the boot time and also disabling services does the same thing. However...
  10. Task Manager Startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Task Manager Startup: Need to know what startup apps can I safely disable in order to improve startup (I keep getting this notification about these apps slowing down this process) 27416

Users found this page by searching for:

1. manage startup services