Windows 10: Manage Storage Spaces does not appear to work

Discus and support Manage Storage Spaces does not appear to work in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Storage Spaces appears to be non functional in 19041.388 version 2004. I have tried adding 5x 10tb drives formatted as ntfs gpt. I receive this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by StorageSpaces, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Manage Storage Spaces does not appear to work

Storage Spaces appears to be non functional in 19041.388 version 2004.

I have tried adding 5x 10tb drives formatted as ntfs gpt.

I receive this error Manage Storage Spaces does not appear to work 38e0811a-007a-43da-adeb-863604a6f36f?upload=true.png

So I deleted the ntfs partitions.

Same error.

Rebooted.

Same error.

Use disk part to clean the drives, remove everything including gpt label

Same error.

Rebooted.

Same error.

Rebooted into safe mode. Had no running programs whatsoever besides critical windows processes in safe mode.

Same error.

How can I get this to work?

:)

StorageSpaces, Aug 3, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Conflicting information on my Storage Space...

From disk management, it does report the same storage and used space as from explorer.
    May I ask did you try to create a storage pool or something ? if so, you should not mess with this.

Is this disk an external disk connected via USB ? WD or Seagate branch ?

I have the feeling that this disk is formatted with GPT type using 512K emulation so Windows get confused. To verify:

1. Right click on Disk 6 ->Properties->Volumes. What does it show on partition styles ? GPT ?
    2. Download Best Free Partition Manager for Windows | MiniTool Partition Free, install then run. What does it show on disk 7 ? MBR ?

If step 1 shows GPT and step 2 shows MBR then definitely the disk was formatted using 512K emulation. The reason they did this so that it would be recognized by WinXP or if you connect it to a TV.

Windows Updates failed is another problem you have. First, it tried to updates from 1703 -> 1709 and failed so any subsequent updates to 1803 also failed.

topgundcp, Aug 3, 2020
  3. gknorm Win User
    Storage Spaces Parity Repair?

Many thanks, muchomurka!

- - - Updated - - -

Unfortunately, following your suggested procedure it appears the Storage Spaces parity error persists.

Manage Storage Spaces does not appear to work [​IMG]

Any other suggestions?

gknorm, Aug 3, 2020
  4. Manage Storage Spaces does not appear to work

"Change" option not available to manage storage spaces

Hello KAC_NYC.

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    1. Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    2. Click OK.
    • What type of storage pool are you using? (Simple, Two-way mirror, three-way mirror, and Parity)?
    • Where does the incorrect storage size occurs? Is it through Disk Management or File Explorer?
    • Kindly send me a screenshot of the missing "Change" link.

Meanwhile, you may try running the command in this article
    to optimize storage pool.

Currently, this is the only thread
    I've came across that is very similar to your concern.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

Manage Storage Spaces does not appear to work

1. Manage Storage Spaces does not appear to work - Similar Threads - Manage Storage Spaces

2. Windows Manage Storage Spaces

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Manage Storage Spaces: Dear Windows Team,Are there any list of drives which are supported to use manage storage spaces.As I have 10x 5TB WD My Passport Drive all drives shows error while creating for pool like the listed drive doesn't support the pool option.Then which drives should I use?Any...
  3. Windows Manage Storage Spaces

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Manage Storage Spaces: Dear Windows Team,Are there any list of drives which are supported to use manage storage spaces.As I have 10x 5TB WD My Passport Drive all drives shows error while creating for pool like the listed drive doesn't support the pool option.Then which drives should I use?Any...
  4. File Explorer does not see drive seen in Manage Storage Spaces Storage Pool

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer does not see drive seen in Manage Storage Spaces Storage Pool: After adding a second drive to the “Storage Pool” and “Optimizing drive usage” the added space of the second drive is not seen by “File Explorer”.History I was running out of “Windows 10 Backup” space on the “I” drive so I purchased an identical 8TB USB diskCreated a storage...
  5. Storage Spaces and Disk Management do not show Storage Space drives

Storage Spaces and Disk Management do not show Storage Space drives: I was using the non-SSD drives shown as a Storage Space. I can see them in Device Manager and if I use the Get-PhysicalDisk command, but I can't see them in Storage Spaces and Disk Management. It appears that two of the drives have failed, the ST3000DM001-1CH166 ATA Device...
  6. Create New Pool does not work on Storage Spaces

Create New Pool does not work on Storage Spaces: No matter what I try, the app "Storage Spaces" cannot create a new pool. I tried reconnecting and disconnecting my USB drives and nothing worked. Do you have any suggestions on how to RAID USB drives together as one? Thanks in advanced....
  7. Storage Space not working

Storage Space not working: The issue/challenge/problem I have regards use of W10 Pro Storage Space · Historically my desktop PC has a 250Gb SSD for all programs & a pair of 1Tb HDD’s for data storage, the latter pair were set up in a mirror format; for a variety of reasons the mirroring was...
  8. Windows Manage storage spaces

Windows Manage storage spaces: i have a windows 10 pro computer with a storage space set up with 3 drives in a two-way mirror and im wanting to move the storage space drives to a faster computer that im getting ready to build and reinstall windows in vmware vsphere. is there a way that i can move the...
  9. create a new pool and storage space in the manage storage spaces

in Windows 10 Customization
    create a new pool and storage space in the manage storage spaces: Dear all, I have connected two USB storage drives, each one of them is 16 GB. I tried to create a new virtual pool but it did not work out. I thought the size is not enough and it may need extra storage spaces. I connected 64 GB then opened the storage space but I am still...
  10. No drives that work with Storage spaces...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No drives that work with Storage spaces...: I was trying to create using USB drives and despite trying different types of drives I kept getting the error above that no drives that work with storage spaces available... However when I google creating storage spaces it says that usb drives work.... How can this be fixed?...