Windows 10: Manage Tabs in Edge

Discus and support Manage Tabs in Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Just finished my upgrade and so far I'm pretty happy. One thing that bugs me, though, is when a website hijacks the browser, pops up a new window... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by skiahh, Aug 2, 2015.

1. skiahh Win User

Manage Tabs in Edge

Just finished my upgrade and so far I'm pretty happy.

One thing that bugs me, though, is when a website hijacks the browser, pops up a new window (instead of a tab), strips controls and address information and the like.

I've searched online, but am coming up empty on how to control the browser. Is there something like Firefox's about:config or in the registry? Or something similar, somewhere?

Thanks.

:)

skiahh, Aug 2, 2015
  2. Jakkjag Win User

Can't manage tabs in IE.

Dear Sam,

I too faced the same problem a few days back. Got this problem after updating my mobile OS. Now my IE totally stopped working. I am fine with restoring my phone to factory settings. But wish to know if I can take a back up of my messages? This was a basic
    feature available in all the prior Nokia phones but I fail to find it in this windows phone.

Jakkjag, Aug 2, 2015
  3. Mibi93 Win User
    Can't manage tabs in IE.

Hi, thanks for reply, and here are my observations:

1). There is no sign IE app is having any problem, everything works properly until I try to manage tabs.

2). When I open "tabs" there is clearly nothing. I am even unable to see that one tab I am actually using. Just dark screen and the "+" button. When I tap it a new tab opens but there is nothing I can do with it. Neither can I open it nor close it. Also
    after tapping the "+" button for the first time there is no way to do it again.

3). I tried doing it several times but nothing has changed.

4). And this is the thing I also done, but it didn't help.

What is more, I just realised I can't open any link in new tab. After tapping that option nothing happens and I am still on my current tab.

Hoping there is any way to fix it without hard resetting my phone.

Greetings Manage Tabs in Edge :)

Mibi93, Aug 2, 2015
Thema:

Manage Tabs in Edge

1. Manage Tabs in Edge - Similar Threads - Manage Tabs Edge

2. alt + tab not showing edge tabs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    alt + tab not showing edge tabs: alt + tab not showing edge tabs but in my settings it is selected. how can I solve this problem?changes in regedit did not solve the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alt-tab-not-showing-edge-tabs/38263121-8782-4afb-b2c1-c8af929ac6da
  3. alt + tab not showing edge tabs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    alt + tab not showing edge tabs: alt + tab not showing edge tabs but in my settings it is selected. how can I solve this problem?changes in regedit did not solve the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alt-tab-not-showing-edge-tabs/38263121-8782-4afb-b2c1-c8af929ac6da
  4. Microsoft Edge tabs sync

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge tabs sync: My laptop died and I have purchased a new one, but my previous tabs have disappeared and are not showing up on sync. Are they linked to my google or Microsoft account? Is there any way to get them back?...
  5. Tabs problem with MS Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Tabs problem with MS Edge: I am annoyed by something Edge does every time I open it. Suppose I visit BBC London, Paris Match, Settings, etc. and then close down Edge. The next time I open Edge, at the very top of the page, I get tabs showing BBC London, Paris Match, Settings, etc. Sometimes there are...
  6. Power Management Tab in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Power Management Tab in Device Manager: Hi All, I need some help so I decided to join the forum. I picked up an extra project at work, I'm going to be setting up WOL (Wake on LAN) on all machines. I have tested this in my home environment with laptops and Desktops and it works flawlessly. All work at the BIOS...
  7. Tab management in Chromium Edge

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Tab management in Chromium Edge: submitted by /u/draaakje [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ehn8yf/tab_management_in_chromium_edge/
  8. Switch tab order (Ctrl + Tab) in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Switch tab order (Ctrl + Tab) in Edge: In previous versions of Windows and IE, you could change the order of tabs you switch to when using Ctrl + Tab. The 2 choices were to just cycle through each tab or use the most recent order. The latter is the one I have always used as it fits my purposes best. The default...
  9. Switch tab order (Ctrl + Tab) in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Switch tab order (Ctrl + Tab) in Edge: In previous versions of Windows and IE, you could change the order of tabs you switch to when using Ctrl + Tab. The 2 choices were to just cycle through each tab or use the most recent order. The latter is the one I have always used as it fits my purposes best. The default...
  10. Edge - Browser Tabs

in Browsers and Email
    Edge - Browser Tabs: Hi Everyone, I'm wondering if anybody else has experienced the following & if so, is there a fix. When I have a bunch of tabs open & click on the "+" on the top right of the screen to open a new tab. In the lower part of the screen it reflects the new tab, but when I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. edge how to manage tabs

2. how to manage tabs in edge