Windows 10: Manage This PC Not Opening as Administrator

Discus and support Manage This PC Not Opening as Administrator in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; There is an option to right click This PC and select Manage which should open Computer Management as an Administrator. When I select the Mange option... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Steve C, Mar 25, 2019.

1. Steve C Win User

Manage This PC Not Opening as Administrator

There is an option to right click This PC and select Manage which should open Computer Management as an Administrator. When I select the Mange option in a user account on my laptop I don't get the prompt to enter the admin password and Computer Management opens in user mode with restricted features.

Do I have a problem which can be fixed or is this a bug in v1809?

Manage This PC Not Opening as Administrator [​IMG]

:)

Steve C, Mar 25, 2019
  2. SPAAAACE Win User

Can't open Task Manager as administrator

So, whenever i try to open my task manager on my pc, it says "Task Manager was deactivated by your Administrator", even thought it is my PC and i am the admin. I never deactivated task manager, i don't know why would i ever do that, any suggestions so i can "activate" it ? Screenshot - 12b812b50cb83bb65de7a1b3ebabbdcf - Gyazo (Screen shot)*Confused

SPAAAACE, Mar 25, 2019
  3. angus Win User
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Mar 25, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Manage This PC Not Opening as Administrator :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Mar 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Manage This PC Not Opening as Administrator - Similar Threads - Manage Opening Administrator

2. microsoft Pc manager Not open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft Pc manager Not open: My PC manager is not open. I tried rebooting but no luck. I just got copilot update. i think after copilot update pc manager not opening. is anyone has same issue ?...
  3. microsoft Pc manager Not open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft Pc manager Not open: My PC manager is not open. I tried rebooting but no luck. I just got copilot update. i think after copilot update pc manager not opening. is anyone has same issue ?...
  4. I am the administrator yet it shows that PC is managed by organisation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am the administrator yet it shows that PC is managed by organisation: I am the administrator/owner of my computer but I get frequent alerts like this...so when i click on settings to change it... this alert pops upeven in Google Chrome I can see the same...
  5. I am the administrator yet it shows that PC is managed by organisation

I am the administrator yet it shows that PC is managed by organisation: I am the administrator/owner of my computer but I get frequent alerts like this...so when i click on settings to change it... this alert pops upeven in Google Chrome I can see the same...
  6. My Pc manager wont open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Pc manager wont open: when I download Microsoft Pc Manager and get the page after downloading and click launch now. The Program always ends up saying that "the program has encountered an error please exit and restart the program" but every time I exit and restart it continues to pop up the same...
  7. My Pc manager wont open

My Pc manager wont open: when I download Microsoft Pc Manager and get the page after downloading and click launch now. The Program always ends up saying that "the program has encountered an error please exit and restart the program" but every time I exit and restart it continues to pop up the same...
  8. Settings managed by administrator I am administrator

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Settings managed by administrator I am administrator: I have a problem where most of my settings can not be changed due to an old connection to AAD which I believe I have already removed. I do not want to reinstall my system, how can I fix the issue?...
  9. Settings managed by administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings managed by administrator: Hello! I got a new work laptop last week with Windows 10 I work for a university. It has been frustrating how limited it is because so many of the settings are managed by my administrator and so many features are disabled. I do not want to contact my IT because there stock...
  10. Can't open Task Manager as administrator

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't open Task Manager as administrator: So, whenever i try to open my task manager on my pc, it says "Task Manager was deactivated by your Administrator", even thought it is my PC and i am the admin. I never deactivated task manager, i don't know why would i ever do that, any suggestions so i can "activate" it ?...