Windows 10: Managed Switch or Router?

Discus and support Managed Switch or Router? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Would this for the fiber to pipe it to all my connections and computers? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00R92CLJA...00K4DS5KU?th=1 I've had 50 routers in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ZippyDSMlee, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Managed Switch or Router?

Would this for the fiber to pipe it to all my connections and computers? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00R92CLJA...00K4DS5KU?th=1 I've had 50 routers in my life and they can be the most annoying things to use... some are so smart they have panic attacks... I'd rather use a dumb hub or something I know can't screw up, but all connections to the fiber line read limited internet cept the dish hopper, it works fine. And yes I did call them but getting a tech is difficult everyone in the office is an office worker and not a tech... Plus I am unsure I know my route works at elast but when we get all the rooms hooked up it will need 6 wired connections.

:)

ZippyDSMlee, Dec 5, 2017
  2. Switch. Win User

Lumia 535 Factory Reset Failed, Sad Face SOLVED

unable to find a bootable option error appears while downloading the the package. Is it normal?

Switch., Dec 5, 2017
  3. Switch. Win User
    Lumia 535 Factory Reset Failed, Sad Face SOLVED

do I need to insert the battery after installing the emergency flash? or after the whole package installation? because I have to disconnect the usb cable to insert the battery. btw lumia 730 is the
    phone.

Switch., Dec 5, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

Managed Switch or Router?

The switch will work but its a like a router in that its managed so needs setting up for best results

Samuria, Dec 5, 2017
  5. A switch is not the same as a router. How is your ISP assigning your IP addresses?

PolarNettles, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Managed Switch or Router?

1. Managed Switch or Router? - Similar Threads - Managed Switch Router

2. Windows cannot connect to Internet. Internet + router + switch

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows cannot connect to Internet. Internet + router + switch: Hi dear support team and the community, I have a problem and I hope you can help me. 1. I have a basic configuration:D-link router connected to the ISP,Computer with Win 10 an NAS drive connected to the router. Everything is working well, and I see all devices and Internet....
  3. No internet, Secured switched ISP and router

No internet, Secured switched ISP and router: I recently switched ISP from RCN to Xfinity. They swapped out the router as well. Before the switch, i was able to connect to wifi with no issues on my pc. However, once i switched I am able to access wifi on every device except my pc. I am using OS: Windows 10 64bit...
  4. Gateway Router Stops Responding/Stuck with a 2nd Router (Switch/Repea)

Gateway Router Stops Responding/Stuck with a 2nd Router (Switch/Repea): Hi all, this is not a problem directly related to Windows 10 but rather with my current network and router setup. I currently have my gateway router and my switch router which I have setup using a Seven Forums tutorial: Multi Router Network - Configure - Windows 7 Help...
  5. Internet Router missing from Device Manager

Internet Router missing from Device Manager: Hi all, hoping someone can help? I am troubleshooting my abysmal WiFi speeds as my PC is fast becoming unusable. Having spoken to my ISP - I have split the signal on the router. The split has been done successfully visible on my mobile phone network options, however the...
  6. Nighthawk Router or Nighthawk Switch? (Fiber Optic Internet)

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nighthawk Router or Nighthawk Switch? (Fiber Optic Internet): From what I researched and remember, ethernet switches parse the internet evenly between connected devices on said switch so no one computer/device gets a leg up over the other, but it has no firewall capabilities like some routers do (unless there are switches with firewalls...
  7. Laptop unable to switch between router and range extender

Laptop unable to switch between router and range extender: Hi,I am using windows 10 on Asus A555LF, since past few weeks my laptop is unable to switch from range extender to my router. I have Tenda router and tenda range extender installed at 1st floor and ground floor respectively. All other laptops and mobile devices switches as I...
  8. Router management page will not load up completely

Router management page will not load up completely: The router is a Netis WF2414 My router web page will not show up it only shows the logo nothing else like it's half way loading up. My internet connection is working like the router dishes out internet with no problem but web management page will not show up. I tried using a...
  9. Will Switching to New Router Change IP Address?

Will Switching to New Router Change IP Address?: If I switch my current modem router for a new one, would my PC's IP address change or stay the same? Is this my public IP address my cable company assigns me? Would this public address change when switching to a new router? 80099
  10. Have router connected to switch

Have router connected to switch: Wait a minute! I do not want this: Internet > Modem > Router > Switch, but I want Internet > Modem > Router > Switch > Secondary Router. I would like devices that connect to the secondary router to also receive an internet connection. And yes, I understand that it probably...