Windows 10: Managing 2FA Trusted Devices

Discus and support Managing 2FA Trusted Devices in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; When I signed in after turning on 2 factor authentication, 2FA, for my Microsoft account I was prompted with an option to trust my device and avoid... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by MikeLo, Feb 9, 2021.

1. MikeLo Win User

Managing 2FA Trusted Devices

When I signed in after turning on 2 factor authentication, 2FA, for my Microsoft account I was prompted with an option to trust my device and avoid having to enter the 2FA code when you login to my MS account or MS apps. My questions are 1) how do you determine which of your devices are trusted and 2) how do you un-trust a device and force the use of 2FA for login. I am using Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2.

:)

MikeLo, Feb 9, 2021

2. Trust Device

Hi Joanne,

Adding your device to your Microsoft account trusted list is easy. Just follow the steps on this
    link and you're good to go.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Gemzon Mar, Feb 9, 2021
  3. Surface Pro4 trusted devices

Hello James,

Have you already synced this My Book1140 with his Microsoft Account?

Suggest you to login to your Microsoft Account and check whether this My Book1140 is listed as a trusted device. If you have already added this as a trusted device in Microsoft Account then it will get automatically synced if you use the same Microsoft account
    in some other devices.

SujataMoktan, Feb 9, 2021
  4. John Sarc Win User

Bitlocker and Trusted Platform Module problems

We appreciate the screenshot you sent.

This issue usually occurs because the Trusted Platform Module (TPM)
    uses the manufacturer driver and not the Windows built-in Trusted Platform Module driver.

To resolve this, you can manually uninstall and reinstall Trusted Platform Module. To do so, see the steps below:

• Open Device Manager on the device on which you are experiencing the issue
    • Uninstall the Trusted Platform Module driver.

Give us an update after following the troubleshooting steps provided.

John Sarc, Feb 9, 2021
Thema:

1. Managing 2FA Trusted Devices - Similar Threads - Managing 2FA Trusted

2. reset 2FA

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    reset 2FA: Hi,I have just been asked to approve a user of the team, as our senior technician left. I do not have the 2FA app setup on my new phone as they used to look into that.So, we cannot get into active directory to process anything.Any help with this?Kind regards...
  3. reset 2FA

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    reset 2FA: Hi,I have just been asked to approve a user of the team, as our senior technician left. I do not have the 2FA app setup on my new phone as they used to look into that.So, we cannot get into active directory to process anything.Any help with this?Kind regards...
  4. 2FA on account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2FA on account: Hi, I wanted to add 2FA on a microsoft account. I use the default mail app on 2 windows 10 pc's with outlook email addresses. I assumed when I activated 2FA that I would need to create an app password for each of the pc's. Do they need new app passwords or will they continue...
  5. Trusted Platform Manager TPM

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trusted Platform Manager TPM: In the light of the eventual availability of Windows11 it will be necessary to know if current computer hardware is compatible with the new system. Previously this verification occurred through the Windows Update system prior to initiating the update to a new Windows...
  6. 2FA is disabled but Microsoft asks me for 2FA

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    2FA is disabled but Microsoft asks me for 2FA: I was going to sign in to Visual Studio 2019 with my Microsoft Account and then was prompted to use 2 Factor Auth. using the Authenticator App and I realized that it was not completely setup, meaning that Microsoft is asking for 2FA when I have not enabled mobile sign in. And...
  7. trusted devices

in Windows 10 Customization
    trusted devices: I have changed my hotmail account password using my pc. This account is also set up in my iphone and normally my iphone device would ask me to enter the new password. However, my hotmail account works fine on my iphone and when I check on my pc the connected devices to my...
  8. trusted device list

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    trusted device list: Hello I would like tro know if I can see a list of my trusted devices. I have had a hgue hack / security intrusion which continues today. I believe to be an ex business partner. I keep having outlook accounts and live accounts created using my domain that then are synced to...
  9. 'Trusted Device' Question

'Trusted Device' Question: I'm planning to 'untrust' a Device (Laptop) from my Microsoft Account so that, if my Laptop gets lost or stolen, I'm at less risk. I'm assuming I will still be able to use the 'untrusted' Device to sign-in, but will be prompted to Enter - not only my Email Address and...
  10. Delete Trusted Device

Delete Trusted Device: How do I delete a trusted device? My laptop had some stolen info from a virus. The hard drive was erased because of that virus. I need to delete from one drive also....