Windows 10: Managing child's account remotely - authorizing downloads of software

Discus and support Managing child's account remotely - authorizing downloads of software in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, Child uses managed account on laptop on which I am administrator: Given that the child initiates an action which prompts the "Administrator... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by brussells, Jan 15, 2021.

1. brussells Win User

Managing child's account remotely - authorizing downloads of software

Hi,

Child uses managed account on laptop on which I am administrator:

Given that the child initiates an action which prompts the "Administrator authorisation required" pop up
    When child is not in same vicinity of administrator
    Then the administrator can remotely action the pop-up request

Obviously I can do this by giving him my password, but this defeats the object of having a managed account.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

:)

brussells, Jan 15, 2021
  2. Jan123 Win User

Child Account Get Greyed Out

Thanks for the suggestion, but I did the following instead.

I have another laptop, 2 weeks old, with Windows 10 Home on it.

On that one, I tried the same steps with the child account, and got the exact same results.

Jan123, Jan 15, 2021
  3. Child account

I did set up a Child account, I did fallow all the steps window ask, the account say that the child is in the family, when I tried to log, give me the message "The Profile Service service Failed The Sign-in. User Profile cannot be loaded".

Answering your questions:

• Did you make any changes to the child account prior to the issue? No, I did not make any changes.
    • Since when you are facing this issue? Right from the start. I never got to login.
    • Are you able to login with other child accounts on the computer? No
    I suggest you to restart the computer once and check if you are able to login to the computer. I did, the same problem, I do not have any problem with my account or my wife.

Thank you for your help.

David.

David EDongo Sr, Jan 15, 2021
  4. Managing child's account remotely - authorizing downloads of software

Better management of "child accounts" needed for purchases

Both myself and my daughter have Windows Phones, however I have set her account up as a child account. Normally I have the setting for "Purchases" disabled, however the process to buy apps on her account when needed is incredibly tedious.

1. Sign in as child on the zune.net website

2. Enable Purchases

3. Sign in as Parent to authorise the change

4. Wait *ages* for the change to take effect

5. Go back to the app store and buy the app (or wait if the change isn't in effect yet)

6. Once installed, repeat steps 1-4 to disable purchases again

7. Hope in the meantime your child hasn't taken the opportunity to buy lots of other stuff as well Managing child's account remotely - authorizing downloads of software :)

It would be really great if a different system could be implemented. How about:

• Child tries to buy the app, a notification goes to the parent to "approve" the purchase, or;
    • The parent is able to manage child accounts directly under their own zune.net account and can buy "on behalf of...". or;
    • When the child tries to buy an app, it just prompts at that time for the parent to login to "sign for" and approve the purchase
    I love the option to have and manage child accounts and the family security settings, but this particular process is really painful.

Regards,

Scott.

Scott_Williams, Jan 15, 2021
Thema:

Managing child's account remotely - authorizing downloads of software

1. Managing child's account remotely - authorizing downloads of software - Similar Threads - Managing child's account

2. No longer able to manage child account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No longer able to manage child account: Dear Family SafetyI had two accounts set up that are now consolidated into one. Apparently, I registered one family to manage an older kiddo under one of the accounts and another family to manage the younger one, nine years younger. As a result of the recent changes, I can...
  3. No longer able to manage child account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No longer able to manage child account: Dear Family SafetyI had two accounts set up that are now consolidated into one. Apparently, I registered one family to manage an older kiddo under one of the accounts and another family to manage the younger one, nine years younger. As a result of the recent changes, I can...
  4. Cannot download apps on childs account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot download apps on childs account: My kid got a new laptop, to be on the safe side we set him up with a child email account so we can monitor usage. However when we tried to download Netlfix for him the app store just says that he owns the app but there is no option to download it....
  5. Purchasing software for child's computer using funds added to child's account.

Purchasing software for child's computer using funds added to child's account.: I added funds to my child's account so that he could purchase the Minecraft Starter Edition on his computer. When I received the adult/parent approval request, I clicked on the "approve" option. Instead of allowing him to purchase it with the funds I added to his account, it...
  6. Purchasing software for child's computer using funds added to child's account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Purchasing software for child's computer using funds added to child's account.: I added funds to my child's account so that he could purchase the Minecraft Starter Edition on his computer. When I received the adult/parent approval request, I clicked on the "approve" option. Instead of allowing him to purchase it with the funds I added to his account, it...
  7. Remote desktop connection was denied because the user account is not authorized for remote...

Remote desktop connection was denied because the user account is not authorized for remote...: Good morning,I have been working on this problem more than a day, I am exhausted and I wonder if someone can help me... Thank you.DescriptionFaulting Application Path: C:\Program...
  8. Child account not showing in manage child accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Child account not showing in manage child accounts: One of my child's accounts is not showing as a child account in the manage permissions section - it is appearing in my Family. This means I can't change app permissions. I have ensured all details of the account are correct and my other child is appearing correctly and I...
  9. How to authorize users to manage Hyper-V remotely

How to authorize users to manage Hyper-V remotely: Hello, I've set up a Windows Server 2019 Core machine IP: 192.168.1.6 at home to use as a home server. I've installed Hyper-V in it and added a user called HyperVAdmin. It's in these user groups: Hyper-V Administrators, Remote Management Users, Power Users. I've also used...
  10. authorization for download

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    authorization for download: How do I authorize a set up for downloading software on my android computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/authorization-for-download/7f707882-bd7a-4971-a694-21935ba2b172