Windows 10: Managing "ctrl +" keys in Windows 10

Discus and support Managing "ctrl +" keys in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Is there a way to control the CTRL + options in Windows 10 Pro? Specifically, I need to turn off CTRL + T New Tab when working in the Edge browser... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Terry Bridges terryb, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Managing "ctrl +" keys in Windows 10

Is there a way to control the CTRL + options in Windows 10 Pro? Specifically, I need to turn off CTRL + T New Tab when working in the Edge browser because an app I am working in within the browser also uses CTRL + T

:)

Terry Bridges terryb, Jul 23, 2020
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Both CTRL keys not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

• Do you get any error message?
    • Did you make any changes in your computer prior to this issue?

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

Follow the steps below and check if that helps.

Method 1: To check if Ctrl keys work in Onscreen keyboard.

• Press Windows Key + R and type osk and hit Enter.
    Try using Ctrl keys and check if that helps.

if you still face the issue, try Method 2.

Method 2: Run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with the Bluetooth adapter. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

• Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Aug 4, 2020
  3. windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Aug 4, 2020
  4. Managing "ctrl +" keys in Windows 10

Why Windows 10 don't goes to login screen after CTRL+ALT+DELETE?

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

CTRL+ALT+DELETE will open you log-in screen in Windows 10 too. I suggest you to try pressing
    Ctrl+SHIFT+Esc key and check if it opens the Task manager. If issue persist, I suggest you to try below given steps and check if it works.

This issue may occur due to some system file corruption.
    I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
      • Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Hope this information helps. Post back with updated issue details for further help.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

Managing "ctrl +" keys in Windows 10

1. Managing "ctrl +" keys in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Managing ctrl keys

2. Ctrl keys not working, eg, Ctrl C, Ctrl V Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ctrl keys not working, eg, Ctrl C, Ctrl V Windows 11: Over the last week key none of the Ctrl keys is working, eg, Ctrl C, Ctrl VI am also unable to mark text https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ctrl-keys-not-working-eg-ctrl-c-ctrl-v-windows-11/fb2513cd-2efa-45fd-a950-6f001b8652ef
  3. In Windows 10, the Ctrl Key Is Holded for No Reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In Windows 10, the Ctrl Key Is Holded for No Reason: In Windows 10, the Ctrl key is holded for no reason.According to my On-Screen Keyboard, it is showing that the Ctrl key is not pressed. So, it means that I have not pressed the Ctrl key at all....
  4. In Windows 10, the Ctrl Key Is Holded for No Reason

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In Windows 10, the Ctrl Key Is Holded for No Reason: In Windows 10, the Ctrl key is holded for no reason.According to my On-Screen Keyboard, it is showing that the Ctrl key is not pressed. So, it means that I have not pressed the Ctrl key at all....
  5. Ctrl+ Windows key + D

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ctrl+ Windows key + D: Necesito desactivar el atajo de Ctrl+ Windows Key + D ya que es muy molesto a la hora de jugar por lo que vi recomendaban la alplicacion autohotkey para hacerlo pero nose como se usa y necesito cuanto antes desinstalar este atajo de teclado...
  6. CTRL KEY STUCK

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CTRL KEY STUCK: Recently my notebook have encountered a problem, every time i want to use it ctrl key is stuck. I have tried all of this solution but doesn't work : 1. pressing ctrl+shift for 15 seconds 2. pressing left and right ctrl for 5 seconds 3. double press left and right ctrl 4....
  7. Ctrl keys not working on Windows 10

Ctrl keys not working on Windows 10: I have a big incognito here: After some time without use my laptop kind a month, both ctrl keys stopped work in functions like Ctrl + A, Ctrl + C and Ctrl + X, etc. Ok, this might be a broken connector or malfunction keyboard, but when I try my keyboard on a online tester or...
  8. Ctrl acting as windows key?

Ctrl acting as windows key?: Very recently my left control key has been locking my profile everytime I press it and acting like it is the windows key. Don't know how to describe this much more as I have never encountered this problem on any version of windows or other computers. For recap: I press...
  9. Ctrl Key + End Key and Ctrl Key + Up shortcut keys are not working on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ctrl Key + End Key and Ctrl Key + Up shortcut keys are not working on Windows 10.: FOR KADOHORN: Your thread of the same name was locked, but I may have the answer: In Excel on Windows 10, I also was frustrated that Ctrl-Home and Ctrl-End no longer go to the very start and very end of the document. This was easily fixed - I had TRANSITION NAVIGATION...
  10. Ctrl keys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ctrl keys: Hey both Ctrl keys aren't working on my keyboard!! I installed a new windows and after that they haven't worked yet!! please HELP!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/ctrl-keys/8b095cfc-193d-4d00-b455-89b7d493d36d