Windows 10: Managing Digital Windows 10 Licenses.

Discus and support Managing Digital Windows 10 Licenses. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I recently upgraded my PC components and Windows Activation had me select my old PC name to carry forward the digital license. That worked. Okay... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Dreamliner330, Oct 2, 2022.

1. Managing Digital Windows 10 Licenses.

I recently upgraded my PC components and Windows Activation had me select my old PC name to carry forward the digital license. That worked. Okay great.Then I had an issue with the new hardware and had to exchange it, the second time Windows Activation would NOT let me select that same PC, so I selected another PC that I was longer using and it carried forward that SECOND digital license.My concern is now I have the FIRST digital license bound to the hardware I have already returned and/or still my old board. How do I reclaim that digital license from within the Microsoft Account? The only op

:)

Dreamliner330, Oct 2, 2022

2. Digital license

Thats how licensing works with Windows 10, the digital license is attached to your Microsoft Account and makes it easy to reactivate Windows 10 in the event you reinstall it.

Learn more:

Andre Da Costa, Oct 2, 2022
  3. Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License  

This is what i get on step 2

Managing Digital Windows 10 Licenses. [​IMG]

MCardona81, Oct 2, 2022
  4. Managing Digital Windows 10 Licenses.

Linking Windows 10 digital license to Microsoft account: Is the link permanent?

Linking to your Microsoft Account is more of a convenience when reactivating Windows 10 after a reinstallation or hardware change such as a hard disk.

It doesn't necessarily mean, you can easily transfer Windows 10 to another computer. Here is an explanation of how it works:

Learn more about how and if you can transfer your license:

Andre Da Costa, Oct 2, 2022
Thema:

Managing Digital Windows 10 Licenses.

1. Managing Digital Windows 10 Licenses. - Similar Threads - Managing Digital Licenses

2. Managing Digital Windows 10 Licenses.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Managing Digital Windows 10 Licenses.: I recently upgraded my PC components and Windows Activation had me select my old PC name to carry forward the digital license. That worked. Okay great.Then I had an issue with the new hardware and had to exchange it, the second time Windows Activation would NOT let me select...
  3. Managing Digital Windows 10 Licenses.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Managing Digital Windows 10 Licenses.: I recently upgraded my PC components and Windows Activation had me select my old PC name to carry forward the digital license. That worked. Okay great.Then I had an issue with the new hardware and had to exchange it, the second time Windows Activation would NOT let me select...
  4. Windows 10 digital license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 digital license: Having an issue. I don’t think who I talked to on phone support understood what I was asking. I bought a used custom built pc. It didn’t have windows activated on it. So I logged into windows account and was going to enter a windows key to activate it.. and I guess I had a...
  5. Windows 10 Digital License

Windows 10 Digital License: Please i wanted to ask if i can use windows 10 with digital license and install it on like over 500 systems? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-digital-license/5e34dd96-cd12-4fae-a20d-72d63737f04e
  6. digital license for windows 10

digital license for windows 10: i got a free upgrade form 7 to 10 says 10 has to be activated where do i find my digital license https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/digital-license-for-windows-10/2457acdd-5211-45c8-9bd5-43e0913cd13c
  7. Windows 10 Digital License

Windows 10 Digital License: Hello Community, I can't seem to find an answer to a question i have. I have a PC which came with an preinstalled Windows 10 Pro. It is a digital license. I want to know if it is possible to completely remove it from PC and install it on a Laptop i recently bought. I...
  8. digital license windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    digital license windows 10: I built a new pc then installed windows 10 Pro..I signed in with my Microsoft Account and set pc with same pin as my laptop...Seems Windows(on PC) is activated with licence from laptop...I read "using a single Microsoft Account on multiple devices" that I can have 5 PC using...
  9. Windows 10 Digital License

Windows 10 Digital License: Hello all, Although the official free upgrade program is over, it is "apparently" still possible to install Windows 10 on a device that has a current valid license for other Windows versions (such as Windows 7 Pro). It is well documented and easily searchable that this...
  10. Windows 10 digital license

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 digital license: I am in need of reinstalling Windows but I have come across a little problem, I didn't get a digital license when I upgraded to windows 10 I only have my windows 7 key, if I were to reinstall I would be stuck on a ageing operating system with no DX12 support. I was...