Windows 10: Managing folders in Windows 10 mail app

Discus and support Managing folders in Windows 10 mail app in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I can't find any way to create or delete folders in the Windows 10 Mail app. Has anybody figured out a way? *Sad 12418 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Elizabeth, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Elizabeth Win User

Managing folders in Windows 10 mail app

I can't find any way to create or delete folders in the Windows 10 Mail app. Has anybody figured out a way? *Sad

:)

Elizabeth, Aug 3, 2015
  2. spiderette, Aug 3, 2015
  3. Latest updates and release information for Windows Mail and Calendar

I do not agree entirely with your comment. Outlook mail app folder management support for windows 8 wasn't introduced until 8.1.0. It works fine in windows 8. The new outlook mail app in windows 10 is not much different to windows 8.1 except for a few feature
    changes and perhaps some code differences by accompli. The main advantage of the acoompli app is a "better" calendar. They managed to add folders to the new app. It should be doable to add folder management too, because they did it in windows 8. The knowledgebase
    is in house at Microsoft

Wevenhuis10, Aug 3, 2015
  4. Managing folders in Windows 10 mail app

If the mail protocol is IMAP, you have to 'manage' the folders on the server side (create a new folder in the web or server client). I'm fairly certain that if you manually set up the mail account as POP3, then the Mail app allows you to create folders.

Slartybart, Aug 3, 2015
  5. Elizabeth Win User
    One could create and delete folders in the Win 8.1 mail app (IMAP) simply by right-clicking in the app and selecting "Manage Folders". As far as I know, the Windows 8.1 app did not and the Windows 10 app does not support POP3.

Elizabeth, Aug 3, 2015
  6. I'm not sure about the Win8 mail app, but since POP3 is widely used I would be surprised if that app did not support the protocol.

Win10 Mail app definitely supports POP3

Managing folders in Windows 10 mail app [​IMG]

Slartybart, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Managing folders in Windows 10 mail app

1. Managing folders in Windows 10 mail app - Similar Threads - Managing folders mail

2. Windows 10 Mail app inbox management

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Mail app inbox management: This just started after the recent update. Focused inbox is working. Mail normally sent to other inbox is now going to junk along with what should be junk.****Original Title: Windows 10 mail version 16005.14326 sending other mail to junk.****...
  3. Win 10 Mail App folders

Win 10 Mail App folders: I've asked a lot of times the following question but no one at MS will answer, so I'm making a new post to see if this can make them respond: I set up whatever the app is called that comes with Win10 to handle mail no - it's not Outlook, its the Mail app that comes w/Win10...
  4. Windows 10 mail app - Sent Mail folder problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 mail app - Sent Mail folder problem: This problem started about a week ago. This problem is happening on my desktop computer and a Surface Pro X. The desktop was updated to win 2004 about a week ago but the Surface is still version 1909. I use the Windows 10 mail application. I have two gmail accounts and a...
  5. Folders not appearing in Mail App?

Folders not appearing in Mail App?: Hi, I just recently added a bunch of new rules as well as folders and sub-folders to help manage my mails better in the web based outlook. But for some reason under the Mail app it does not show any changes, just the inbox,outbox etc. I tried syncing it as well as restarting...
  6. Windows 10 Mail App Junk Folder Missing

Windows 10 Mail App Junk Folder Missing: Hi, My work email on the windows 10 email app doesn't have a junk folder when I go to "more" folders. I have junk mail that I need to access. My outlook email account on the same app has a junk folder when I click on "more" folders and is working fine. I've tried...
  7. Archive folder in Mail app on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Archive folder in Mail app on Windows 10: Hi I am able to archive emails in Microsoft Mail app. But not able to see Archive folder. Not sure where my emails are being archieved. How tomlocate my Archive folder. Please see below snapshot with Archive Folder. [ATTACH]...
  8. Managing Junk folder in Mail App

Managing Junk folder in Mail App: How do I control what is going into my junk folder in windows mail? <**Original Title: Junk folder***> https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/managing-junk-folder-in-mail-app/2a7c36d0-79dd-4946-8958-3591974d2318
  9. How To Manage Mail Filters In Windows 10 Mail app

How To Manage Mail Filters In Windows 10 Mail app: Hello, So I have been using the Windows 10 Mail app with my Gmail account and I have one question. What I am attempting to do is put a label on emails to and from a certain email address so they automatically are sent to a certain folder in my Mail app. What I have...
  10. Mail App adding folders

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App adding folders: Can you create folders in the Mail App? Thanks 8315