Windows 10: managing microsoft accounts

Discus and support managing microsoft accounts in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi. I wanted to change my Microsoft account password, and I accidentally created a second account instead. I'd like to delete that second one, to be... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by n_455, Mar 5, 2019.

1. n_455 Win User

managing microsoft accounts

Hi. I wanted to change my Microsoft account password, and I accidentally created a second account instead. I'd like to delete that second one, to be able to use the first. How do I do that? And not just to erase the second account from my PC (because now I have two Microsoft accounts of my one on it), but to erase it from Microsoft, to have only one account, the original one.

:)

n_455, Mar 5, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Mar 5, 2019
  3. How to replace old Microsoft Account with a new Microsoft Account

Hi Hitendra,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and I am glad to assist you.

I would suggest you to switch your Microsoft account to a Local account first and then switch back with a new Microsoft account. Please refer to the following steps:

Step 1:

• Type Manage your accounts
      in the search bar and click on it
    • Click on "sign in with a local account instead"
    • Press next and complete the process.
    • If you do not have a local account, leave the credentials blank and proceed.

Step 2: Now, on the newly converted Local account, follow these steps to add a new MSA.

1. In the Start search, type "Manage your accounts" and press Enter.

2. Choose 'Accounts'.

3. Click on "sign in with a local account instead"

4. Enter the Microsoft account ID and Password and click Next.

Hope this post helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Mar 5, 2019
  4. managing microsoft accounts

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 5, 2019
Thema:

managing microsoft accounts

1. managing microsoft accounts - Similar Threads - managing microsoft accounts

2. Could I Manage Accounts via Microsoft and Microsoft account email

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Could I Manage Accounts via Microsoft and Microsoft account email: I have tried a variety of ways to recover an account I forgot the password for {administrator}, and I need to know if I can manage accounts on my windows 10 with this website and or its tools provided? Like seeing passwords, emails etc....
  3. Could I Manage Accounts via Microsoft and Microsoft account email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Could I Manage Accounts via Microsoft and Microsoft account email: I have tried a variety of ways to recover an account I forgot the password for {administrator}, and I need to know if I can manage accounts on my windows 10 with this website and or its tools provided? Like seeing passwords, emails etc....
  4. Could I Manage Accounts via Microsoft and Microsoft account email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Managing Microsoft Accounts

Managing Microsoft Accounts: I have a microsoft account on one PC. This account also subscribes to Office 365. A second PC was purchased, is also under the same microsoft account, and has access to the Office 365 subscription. How do I change the microsoft account on the second PC and if I do, will itcan...
  6. administrator microsoft account management, e-mail account compromised

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    administrator microsoft account management, e-mail account compromised: So my administrative email account associated with the Microsoft Account has been compromised. I still have password access to the Microsoft account. I attempted to manage my Microsoft account security settings and replace the security information to my updated cell phone...
  7. Cannot manage/login Microsoft accounts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot manage/login Microsoft accounts: Clicking any button that should open up an account management dialog window does simply nothing. I tried it in these scenarios: windows settings > account > email & accounts Neither "add an account" or "add a workplace or school account" does anything when you click it....
  8. Microsoft Outlook Managing Multiple Email accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Outlook Managing Multiple Email accounts: Hi, I am trying to get help with the issue I am running into. Recently I added my Gmail account into the Microsoft Email Inbox for Windows 10 to manage both of my mail accounts in one location. However, I keep getting the error message below: We couldn't access this...
  9. manage my Microsoft account - Dashboard

manage my Microsoft account - Dashboard: I have several computers in my home. all share a wifi connection for the internet and networking. Four of the units are used daily. For rewards, I connect daily with https://account.microsoft.com/rewards/?fref=home.banner.rewards. On the unit I amusing now - a Dell Laptop -...
  10. 'Manage' button for Microsoft account not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    'Manage' button for Microsoft account not working: I'm on a Windows 10 machine. I have two Microsoft accounts on it, a personal and old work. I'm trying to remove the work one. When I'm on Settings > Account, I can only see my personal account) When I'm on Settings > Account > Email & app accounts, I can see both with a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. managaing microsoft accout