Windows 10: Managing multiple family members across multiple Microsoft accounts

Discus and support Managing multiple family members across multiple Microsoft accounts in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; After reading several topics on the forums here, I have come to the conclusion that: 1. I cannot have more than six members in any given family... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Phaldor, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Phaldor Win User

Managing multiple family members across multiple Microsoft accounts

After reading several topics on the forums here, I have come to the conclusion that:

1. I cannot have more than six members in any given family group

2. I cannot log into Office 365 on more than 5 devices under the same Microsoft account

These two limits are going to be difficult for me to work around as I set up the used laptops I just purchased for my immediate and extended family. This deserves a bit of explanation, so bear with me. Currently, I'm the most technically inclined person in my extended family. All of my wife's siblings and children come to me for computer issues, and I have (so far) been able to keep everyone up and running without too much difficulty, being as most of the children don't have computers (being too young) and most of the adults have already established their own accounts and are running by themselves. However, last year, that equation changed as the wife and I moved into a new house with my father, brought our three children, my wife's twin brother, and his two children along. For Christmas this year, my wife and I decided the children were of sufficient age (and have given us enough pressure) to get them all laptops. In addition, a niece outside the immediate family is in need of a laptop as well. So I purchased eight (8) used HP laptops set up with Windows 10 Home, which have just arrived.

In turning the first one on, I realized that I would now be the admin for the new machines, my own machines, and my wife's machines. I currently own two desktops running Windows 10 Pro and three laptops running Home. My laptops aren't much of an issue since I no longer really use them, and have removed two of them from my account, and will remove the third when the new machines are distributed. I also am signed into Office 365 from one phone, a tablet, and my work laptop, bringing my device count to the maximum of five.

In counting the machines I will be distributing, there are five machines going to various kids and one to the niece, none of which have a Microsoft account yet. It will be incumbent upon me to administer these machines and I need to set up the remaining two for hot spares. So, given this situation, and the fact that this is most likely going to snowball as the kids get older and more of them will be brought under my direct supervision as an admin, which route makes the most sense for you all.

1. Add a second Consumer account to expand the user capacity by six (pro is cost, con is useability/flexibility in rotating accounts and sharing)

2. Upgrade to a small business account with Microsoft (pro is flexibility/sharing, con is cost)

While I'd like to complain about the family limits that Microsoft has imposed, I realize it won't do me much good, however, I'm in the situation that we actually do have 7 children and are directly attached to another family group of 3. We can't be alone, so I question the limit Microsoft has imposed here. Surely there is a way to make an exception.

:)

Phaldor, Oct 8, 2019

2. My family has one primary Microsoft account with multiple aliases. Can we register multiple windows phones with the separate aliases?

My family has one primary Microsoft account with multiple aliases. Can we register multiple windows phones with the separate aliases?

Meaning can each individual family member use their individual alias to run all the windows phone functions?

BOBSQUESTION, Oct 8, 2019
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Add member to your Microsoft family in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To add a family member to your Microsoft account, I suggest you to follow the steps from

Add members to your Microsoft family.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 8, 2019
  4. TrustMe Win User

Creation of a local account as a family member

I'm afraid it is not possible to add a family member to a local account.

"For those who still on a local account type, the only issue is that you can't add multiple accounts to your computer if you're not using a Microsoft Account. This limitation should not be a big deal, but it's something you need to keep in mind."

That was take from How to manage Microsoft Accounts and User Accounts in Windows 10. You should read it all the way through. I thought is was very informative.

How to manage Microsoft and user accounts in Windows 10 | Windows Central

TrustMe, Oct 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Managing multiple family members across multiple Microsoft accounts - Similar Threads - Managing multiple family

2. Adding money to family member's microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding money to family member's microsoft account: Hi,Getting error while "Add money to your family member's Microsoft account" - Contact us at Microsoft supportWe’re having trouble processing your payment and we’d like to get it sorted out. Get more infoContact us at Microsoft support We’re having trouble processing your...
  3. Adding money to family member's microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adding money to family member's microsoft account: Hi,Getting error while "Add money to your family member's Microsoft account" - Contact us at Microsoft supportWe’re having trouble processing your payment and we’d like to get it sorted out. Get more infoContact us at Microsoft support We’re having trouble processing your...
  4. multiple Microsoft accounts

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    multiple Microsoft accounts: have 2 laptops with the same windows 10 account. If I delete the account on one of my laptops, will it also get deleted on the other laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-microsoft-accounts/f94ffcba-f096-4ef6-9a69-5113824888c2
  5. Managing multiple user accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Managing multiple user accounts: Hi, Apolgies if the question has been asked elsewhere, I have not been able to find an answer. I have recently bought a new laptop and I am struggling to understand how to best manage apications across multiple user accounts. I have created four accounts - me as organiser...
  6. Problem with family member account

Problem with family member account: I have the following message on a child family members account Your family member needs to sign in to their Windows 10 device LAPTOP-%%%%%%5 for family features to work. The fix it says it to start, settings, accounts, family and other people under your family, select...
  7. Microsoft Outlook Managing Multiple Email accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Outlook Managing Multiple Email accounts: Hi, I am trying to get help with the issue I am running into. Recently I added my Gmail account into the Microsoft Email Inbox for Windows 10 to manage both of my mail accounts in one location. However, I keep getting the error message below: We couldn't access this...
  8. Genuinely Useless Support - Multiple issues across multiple categories

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Genuinely Useless Support - Multiple issues across multiple categories: I've contacted both the phone support and had chats with online live chat agents which I seem to no longer be able to access that haven't even come close to understanding or resolving a few issues that have come up for me with both Windows activation and Outlook email. To...
  9. multiple microsoft accounts

multiple microsoft accounts: my user account is associated with my primary microsoft account. And until now, onedrive has been syncing to that account.Now I made a second microsoft account, and I would like it to sync to Onedrive, while at the same time, my user account is still associated with the...
  10. Manage and View Activity of Microsoft Family Child Member

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Manage and View Activity of Microsoft Family Child Member: How to: Manage and View Activity of Microsoft Family Child Member How to Manage and View Activity of Microsoft Family Child Member on Windows 10, Xbox One, and Android Devices A child's location, limit which websites and games they can access, and require your approval...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can two adults have their own seperate microsoft account on the same pc