Windows 10: Managing multiple user accounts

Discus and support Managing multiple user accounts in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, Apolgies if the question has been asked elsewhere, I have not been able to find an answer. I have recently bought a new laptop and I am... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by ScottEves, May 24, 2020.

1. ScottEves Win User

Managing multiple user accounts

Hi,

Apolgies if the question has been asked elsewhere, I have not been able to find an answer. I have recently bought a new laptop and I am struggling to understand how to best manage apications across multiple user accounts.

I have created four accounts - me as organiser accounts for each of my two children and my wife.

I want to be able to install applications for aomw users but not all. However as organiser I want visibility of what has been installed across all accounts.

For example, I just installed Roblox on one account however the application was installed on all accounts auromatically.

When I removed it from my account it is still available for other users but doesn’t appear as an installed application on the device when logged in to the store as organiser.

How do I install the application on the kids accounts only but retain visibility as organiser?

:)

ScottEves, May 24, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, May 24, 2020
  3. removing user account

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys, select Control Panel.
    • Select User accounts.
    • Select Manage other accounts.
    • Double click on the account you want to delete and select
      Delete the account.
    • Follow the instructions and check if it helps.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, May 24, 2020
  4. Managing multiple user accounts

User Account

Hi Barry,

We cannot use a standard (local) account to change the account type to administrator. We can only use an existing administrator account to do this.

We suggest following these steps on how to change the account type to administrator using the existing administrator account:

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard, then click on
      Control Panel
    • Choose User Accounts, and then select User Accounts again.
    • Under Make changes to your user account, click on Manage User Accounts. (It will show all user accounts and administrator account on the computer.)
    • Sign out and log on with any administrator account.
    • Go back to Control Panel/User Accounts.
    • Click on Manage User Accounts and then select the standard account you wish to change.
    • Select the Change Account Type option.
    • Select the Administrator option to change the account and click the
      Change Account Type button.

Get back to us if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, May 24, 2020
Thema:

Managing multiple user accounts

1. Managing multiple user accounts - Similar Threads - Managing multiple user

2. Multiple Users Account / Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple Users Account / Folder: I just buy a new laptop, and i make a mistake so i use system restore the windows modules installer i do it twice. but then there is 3 users folder. how to make it just 1?...
  3. Multiple Users Account / Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple Users Account / Folder: I just buy a new laptop, and i make a mistake so i use system restore the windows modules installer i do it twice. but then there is 3 users folder. how to make it just 1?...
  4. Multiple user accounts in C:\Users directory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple user accounts in C:\Users directory: Multiple user accounts in C:\Users directory https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-user-accounts-in-cusers-directory/ca2d181b-88f4-4338-aeba-e880033fdd90
  5. Multiple user accounts in C:\Users directory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple user accounts in C:\Users directory: Multiple user accounts in C:\Users directory https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-user-accounts-in-cusers-directory/ca2d181b-88f4-4338-aeba-e880033fdd90
  6. Multiple User Accounts ???

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Multiple User Accounts ???: While trying to fix Windows 10 spotlight I noticed several user accounts in my settings. I am the only one who uses this laptop, why do I see FIVE 5 user. Tried to delete and says it states I cannot delete because is is receiving inheriting properties from another account....
  7. Multiple users in same account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple users in same account: [ATTACH] I have no idea what is this on earth. Can someone please help me make that only one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-users-in-same-account/6d3def8f-7d70-4238-b16a-8e994c9c6441
  8. Multiple Users Accounts in Multiple Computers

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Multiple Users Accounts in Multiple Computers: Hi, My name is David Gebert, I am in charge of setting up a new system for my local fire department that I am a member of. We will be installing 2 new desktops, 2 laptops, plus the current 2 laptops we own. We are also planning on adding about 3-6 more computers or...
  9. Suddenly Multiple User Accounts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Suddenly Multiple User Accounts: All of a sudden when I turn on or try to log into my PC it'll try to log into a user account of the same name and say "Incorrect password." Now instead of automatically logging into my PC, I have to actively select another user account and type my password into that. Ideally...
  10. multiple user accounts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    multiple user accounts: I am having issues with adding a second user account to my pc. Every time I log back in to my account administrator after the other user has been logged in, I have multiple issues. They seem to be caused by changes to settings, though the other user does not change other...