Windows 10: Managing Power Options in Windows 10

Discus and support Managing Power Options in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I use an HP 14s-cr1005tu, Win 10 home. I would be really grateful if you could please help me with the answers to these questions on Power... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by XDEROY, Aug 8, 2019.

1. XDEROY Win User

Managing Power Options in Windows 10

Hi,

I use an HP 14s-cr1005tu, Win 10 home. I would be really grateful if you could please help me with the answers to these questions on Power settings:

Selective suspending setting: I do not understand how selective suspending setting can help save battery on my Win 10 laptop. What happens if I choose enabled or disabled - what will work well and what won't?

Turn off hard disk after: if I don't have files on my hard disk, will this really matter to me? Because if waking up the HDD after turning it off after XX minutes causes wear and tear, I should set a higher value, but there are absolutely no files on the HDD, because I use SSD?

PCI Link State Power Management: how does tweaking it affect my laptop health and battery life?

System Cooling Policy: I get what passive and active mean, but what difference does it make when I want high performance or when I want to be using less power?

Multi-media settings:

Sharing media: what kind of media do they mean - pictures, videos? And what do the options mean (Allow the computer to sleep, prevent idling to sleep, allow the computer to enter away mode)?

Video playback quality bias: What does it mean?

Wireless Adapter Settings: What difference does it make if I set on Maximum performance, Low power saving, medium power saving, high power saving with my internet connectivity?

Also, a last question: Are there any battery-life savings by changing your resolution to the lowest possible? Can that harm your laptop in the long-term/short-term?

Thank you so much in advance!

***Modified title from: Tweaking power setting options***

:)

XDEROY, Aug 8, 2019
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Windows 10 power options

Hi Robert,

About your concern with Windows 10 power options, applied settings may not be recognized due to several reasons. We suggest that you run the Windows 10 Power troubleshooter. Here are the steps to follow:

• Go to Search, type troubleshoot, and click Troubleshooting.
    • Under System and Security, click Improve power usage.
    • The troubleshooting wizard will automatically start. It will try to solve any detected issues.

Let us know if you need further assistance regarding your concern.

Xylee Del, Aug 8, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Power Options Not working

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Use the hardware troubleshooter to fix the issue

The Hardware Troubleshooter is an automated tool which will check the hardware connected to the computer for any known issues with it and provides the details and on how to fix them. Follow these steps and run the troubleshooter.
    Follow these steps:

• Press Windows key to get the Start menu.
    • Type Troubleshooting in the search box right up corner and hit enter.
    • Click on Troubleshooting tab.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the power options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the power Troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Also I suggest you to create a new power plan and check if it helps.

• Go to control panel and then click on power options.
    • Then click on create new power plan.
    • Change the power plan accordingly and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 8, 2019
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Windows 10 power options

Bad drivers installed in your computer could cause various issues, including problems with power options. We suggest that you verify and update the drivers. Here are the steps on how to verify and update the drivers:

• Go to Search, type devmg, and open Device Manager.
    • Check the whole list of installed hardware, see if none of them has a yellow exclamation mark aside from its icon.
    • If any of the installed hardware has an exclamation mark, right click on it, and select
      Update driver software.
    • Restart your computer, if needed.

Keep us updated with your concern.

Xylee Del, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Managing Power Options in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Managing Power Options

2. Can't find processor power management in power options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't find processor power management in power options: How to fix this problem? And can I increase cpu speed with this option? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-processor-power-management-in-power/5215cb1e-5c0c-4381-a150-850f1f7473b3
  3. Multiple options in advance Power management missing in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple options in advance Power management missing in windows 10: Multiple options in advance Power management missing in windows 10, i am using Intel i3-1005G1 on Asus Vivo X421JAY_Z413JA. I have changed the CSEnabled to 0 in Registry and other option available to resolve but things are not working. Can anyone guide me if this feature is...
  4. power option processor power management

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    power option processor power management: i have problem when i put on maximum processor state to 100% fps drops and when it is on 80% there are no more fps drops pls can someone help me submitted by /u/Impuls45 [link] [comments]...
  5. CPU Power Management Option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU Power Management Option: Hello, I have a Dell G5 Gaming Laptop, my CPU doesn't seem to let me adjust it's performance in BIOS, so I have looked into the power plan and adjusted that. The system performs well and all, but some games need a faster individual CPU speed and my CPU isn't even trying to go...
  6. Power management options missing from Windows 10 (No CsEnabled option in Reg)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Power management options missing from Windows 10 (No CsEnabled option in Reg): My laptop wont wake up from sleep when i close the lid and open it again. I'm trying to see if the lid is enabled to allow the laptop to wake up but the power management option (and a lot of other options in general) are missing from device manager and the advanced power...
  7. Power Management Options

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power Management Options: Hello, i am having an issue with a Dell all in one that i purchased recently. i use this computer as the main computer of my network where certain shared files are located. i have the power setting to turn off the display after 10 minutes but for the system i have it set to...
  8. Windows 10 power options/ processor power management settings gone.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 power options/ processor power management settings gone.: Hi, Im new here to the forum because i have an odd issue and i can't find anything on the net so i thought i ask here. I am on Windows 10 - 64 version 1607 build 14393.1358 The problem is that i don't have the options for processor power management anymore in power...
  9. Remove 'Link State Power Management' in Power Options in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Remove 'Link State Power Management' in Power Options in Windows 10: How to: Remove 'Link State Power Management' in Power Options in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove 'Link State Power Management' from Power Options in Windows 10 Power Options that allows users to specify the Active State Power Management (ASPM) policy to use for capable...
  10. Add AHCI Link Power Management to Power Options in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add AHCI Link Power Management to Power Options in Windows: How to: Add AHCI Link Power Management to Power Options in Windows How to Add or Remove "AHCI Link Power Management - HIPM/DIPM" from Power Options in Windows The Power Options allows users to configure the link power management mode for disk and storage devices that...