Windows 10: Managing printer device question.

Discus and support Managing printer device question. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Managing printer device question. I would like to clean my printer heads. However the manage your device page does not allow me to do that.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MdYunos, Oct 12, 2018.

1. MdYunos Win User

Managing printer device question.

Managing printer device question. I would like to clean my printer heads. However the manage your device page does not allow me to do that.

:)

MdYunos, Oct 12, 2018

2. New Printer Not Showing in Devices & Printers (But Does Show in Device Manager)

Now I have no printers and Devices and Printers at all, not even a banner (but it still shows in Device Manager).

I have uninstalled all the new Brother printer driver & utilities programs (again) and rebooted (again). I also turned off MS XPS print services from Programs and Features, just in case. In Device Manager, I clicked ‘Show hidden devices’ and found
    three instances of the old printer plus the old Prolific Parallel – USB adapter cable (now returned & refunded). All these were ghosted out but I uninstalled all of them anyway.

I checked ‘spooling’ in ‘Services’ and this is set to ‘Automatic’ (and is ‘Running’).

These posts did not help:

1)

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...d/6dac6dc6-3dfb-4f66-a1ee-93d31c7d3ce4?auth=1

Let us try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to update the drivers for printer in Device Manager:

• Right click on Start button and select
      Device Manager.
    • Expand Print queues, right click on the drivers and click on
      Update driver software.
    • Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    Step 2: If the device is not detected on your computer try to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter
    Step 3: I suggest you to run Printer troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X, click on Control Panel, select
      Category and then select Large or Small icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on
      View all in the left pane.
    • Select Printer and follow on-screen instructions.

2)

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/17420/windows-printer-problems

= ‘Fix printer problems’ on MS Support

I do not understand why I’m having so many problems but am desperate for help – please!

Chris

ChrisOfTheOT, Oct 12, 2018
  3. Boatvan Win User
    Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, Oct 12, 2018
  4. loyall Win User

Printer installed but not listed in Device Manager

The Install Printer utility in the Devices and Printers folder lists a driver for my printer and tells me the printer is working properly. I get an error message when I try to print. Also, this printer is not listed in the Device Manager.

loyall, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

1. Managing printer device question. - Similar Threads - Managing printer device

2. I have a question regarding the device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a question regarding the device manager: In the device manager the common named "display adapters" is called "display adaptors" while the "network adapters" is called "network adapters"? Why is display adapters with an "o" instead of "e"....
  3. I have a question regarding the device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a question regarding the device manager: In the device manager the common named "display adapters" is called "display adaptors" while the "network adapters" is called "network adapters"? Why is display adapters with an "o" instead of "e"....
  4. I have a question regarding the device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. 'Devices and Printers' Question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'Devices and Printers' Question: Win 7 Home PremiumHello.Even though I have multiple enabled devices, the 'Devices and Printers' section only shows a green checkmark on my printer-Why don't my other enabled devices have green check-marks on them?I was just curious about that detail....
  6. 'Devices and Printers' Question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    'Devices and Printers' Question: Win 7 Home PremiumHello.Even though I have multiple enabled devices, the 'Devices and Printers' section only shows a green checkmark on my printer-Why don't my other enabled devices have green check-marks on them?I was just curious about that detail....
  7. 20h2 question device manager

in Windows 10 Support
    20h2 question device manager: I recently upgraded to 20h2 and I just noticed You can no longer get to device manager by right clicking this PC & Going to properties you have to start typing for it to show up same thing goes for when I wanted to find the system restore settings so there's no shortcuts for...
  8. Device and Printer question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Device and Printer question: So my Gamepad has always show then icon that look like "clock" when I first go in the window then disappear lil after what exactly does that lil icon mean? submitted by /u/need2crash [link] [comments]...
  9. Printer visible in Device Manager but not in Printers

Printer visible in Device Manager but not in Printers: Hi! My printer, a Brother HL-L2390DW, is visible in Device Manager but not in the Printers menu. I'm unable to manage the printer because of this. I have already tried uninstalling / reinstalling the printer. The drivers are the latest drivers. The troubleshooter was...
  10. Device Manager questions

Device Manager questions: I have a couple of questions about updates to certain areas of the device manager. System is Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Mobo - Asus Maximus Hero Viii GTX 980Ti Core i7-6700 8GB memory My question is that I see a couple of items that I am not sure if I need to update or...