Windows 10: Mandatory access control for self encrypting disk partitions LUNs

Discus and support Mandatory access control for self encrypting disk partitions LUNs in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I want to use a self encrypting disk on windows with at least one encrypting partition. I want to restrict access to the encrypted partition to a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HankCohen, Sep 15, 2021.

1. HankCohen Win User

Mandatory access control for self encrypting disk partitions LUNs

I want to use a self encrypting disk on windows with at least one encrypting partition. I want to restrict access to the encrypted partition to a single service account. I think that the partitioning should be pretty automatic with the windows disk management tool but I am wondering about how user authentication is handled and how the authentication keys for the disk are stored and controlled by Windows. Specifically, are the disk authentication keys sealed by the TPM and are they also bound to a specific identity by the TPM? Any documentation pointers would be appreciated.

:)

HankCohen, Sep 15, 2021
  2. tamo Win User
  3. W1zzard Win User
    W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Sep 15, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Flaws in self-encrypting SSDs let attackers bypass disk encryption

Read more: Flaws in self-encrypting SSDs let attackers bypass disk encryption | ZDNet

Brink, Sep 15, 2021
Thema:

1. Mandatory access control for self encrypting disk partitions LUNs - Similar Threads - Mandatory access control

2. How to decrypt Bitlocker-encrypted hard disk partition?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to decrypt Bitlocker-encrypted hard disk partition?: Hi,I have a Dell Vostro 14 3000 laptop with pre-installed Windows 11 Home, with a 1 TB hard disk drive and 8 GB RAM. I created 2 partitions on my hard disk - "C:" for OS and "D:" for files storage.Recently I installed a 256 GB SSD hard disk and installed OS on it, planning to...
  3. How to decrypt Bitlocker-encrypted hard disk partition?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to decrypt Bitlocker-encrypted hard disk partition?: Hi,I have a Dell Vostro 14 3000 laptop with pre-installed Windows 11 Home, with a 1 TB hard disk drive and 8 GB RAM. I created 2 partitions on my hard disk - "C:" for OS and "D:" for files storage.Recently I installed a 256 GB SSD hard disk and installed OS on it, planning to...
  4. Mandatory Access Pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mandatory Access Pin: I'm all about tech security, however, mandating a "pin" which is actually a password is unwarranted and unwanted. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mandatory-access-pin/c6500934-66d3-43ef-821d-d79e09486687
  5. Mandatory Access Pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mandatory Access Pin: I'm all about tech security, however, mandating a "pin" which is actually a password is unwarranted and unwanted. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mandatory-access-pin/c6500934-66d3-43ef-821d-d79e09486687
  6. Disk encryption not showing up for partition

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Disk encryption not showing up for partition: Windows 10 Home Single Language Version: 2004 Build: 19041.329 I was using device encryption for a long time but off late I noticed that a partition for the HDD has encryption disabled & I cannot find an option to encrypt that partition. [ATTACH] Even in the device...
  7. Windows 10 photos app can access encrypted pictures in encrypted partition

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 photos app can access encrypted pictures in encrypted partition: Hi, I have encrypted a partition using both bitlocker and veracrypt and I noticed that even after locking the partition and unmounting it, for both bitlocker and veracrypt, the photos app can still open the pictures from "recent files" . I tried to open the pictures using...
  8. Can bitlocker encrypted on it self!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can bitlocker encrypted on it self!: Hi. I have SSD drive that encrypted on it self without permission! , By mistake i disabled the secure boot on the BIOS then the device require the recovery key !!! But how is that i don't even set up the bitlocker! Thanks...
  9. Flaws in self-encrypting SSDs let attackers bypass disk encryption

in Windows 10 News
    Flaws in self-encrypting SSDs let attackers bypass disk encryption: Researchers at Radboud University in the Netherlands have revealed today vulnerabilities in some solid-state drives (SSDs) that allow an attacker to bypass the disk encryption feature and access the local data without knowing the user-chosen disk encryption password. The...
  10. Micron_1100_mtfddav256tbn ssd self encryption or not

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Micron_1100_mtfddav256tbn ssd self encryption or not: Hi , ive been searching for information on whether this drive is SED . I bought the ASUS Zenbook UX310UA which has a 256 GB micron SSD (MICRON_1100_MTFDDAV256TBN) As far as I can see this drive is self encrypting but how do I know . I have downloaded micron ssd software...