Windows 10: Manifests Folder Query

Discus and support Manifests Folder Query in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Recently, I updated to new version on ccleaner. Now, before I go further, I know the pros and cons of ccleaner. I use it prudently and I've use it for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RichardC, Mar 10, 2020.

1. RichardC Win User

Manifests Folder Query

Recently, I updated to new version on ccleaner. Now, before I go further, I know the pros and cons of ccleaner. I use it prudently and I've use it for quite a while. When I update to a new version, I always customize the download. But this time, it also download AVG virus protection. I downloaded from ccleaner's home page and it's never done that before. Any way, once I realized it had downloaded AVG, I proceeded to remove it with Revo Uninstaller. I prefer Revo because it also does deep scan into the registry for leftover remnants. After it was done, I had to reboot the pc to delete some files that couldn't be deleted during the initial process. With that said, I decided to do an Ultra Search for any AVG files that might have slipped through. It found 30 files and 2 folders. I deleted the two folders, but I'm concerned about the remaining files. They seem to be in a windows folder winSxS\manifests. Now I realize that the files in the manifest folder are important and are owned by trustedinstaller. Would it be safe to take ownership of each individual file associated with AVG and delete it.

- - - Updated - - -

I realize it's protected, but it seems that I should be able to go in and remove AVG related files.

:)

RichardC, Mar 10, 2020

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Mar 10, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 10, 2020
  4. enso Win User

Manifests Folder Query

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

Thema:

Manifests Folder Query

1. Manifests Folder Query - Similar Threads - Manifests Folder Query

2. Windows.old folder query.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows.old folder query.: Hello, I wanted to save my windows.old folder somewhere quite safe so that I can return to windows 10 whenever I want. So is there any way to copy that folder into another external drive. If yes then please tell me how?...
  3. Windows.old folder query.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows.old folder query.: Hello, I wanted to save my windows.old folder somewhere quite safe so that I can return to windows 10 whenever I want. So is there any way to copy that folder into another external drive. If yes then please tell me how?...
  4. manifest files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    manifest files: i recently accidently deleted some manifest files for adobe flash. Will this effect my computer? Possibly create errors? Or am I overeacting? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/manifest-files/75522568-c516-4c75-850d-7aa08085f67b
  5. winsxs manifest files

winsxs manifest files: Hi so i recently accedentially deleted a manifest file for adobe flash so will this effect my computer? will it make it slower? or will it not effect it at all? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/winsxs-manifest-files/d93cc175-6698-4aa6-95ce-ba6d7543ed57
  6. Folder icon query

Folder icon query: Please can anyone explain what this icon represents? [ATTACH] Thanks. Peter https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-icon-query/7ebbbcfb-a21b-4112-b13b-e99434c5528b
  7. Manifest file is missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Manifest file is missing: Since the Windows update of 10/21/2020 the following has happened: on booting, error states "manifest file is missing" and displays the address Windows/system32/tower_main. In addition, system does not save passwords beyond the session, i.e. you have to put in passwords...
  8. Query : weird partition with weird folder

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Query : weird partition with weird folder: Hi all. To start, I've got a Dell pc. It seems they add weird partitions. I've got the normal ESP partition first. It's fat32. The second partition, I believe it's created by Windows, is 40mb and is labeled "diags". The strange thing is that it's also fat32 and includes one...
  9. Apworks folder query.

in Windows 10 Support
    Apworks folder query.: Good evening, This evening, I've had a few alerts on my desktop, saying that regsvr so 'n so has been successful. Each time, they've pointed to different files in an appdata\local\apworks folder. The contents of that folder have all been modified this evening. Could...
  10. Folder related query

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder related query: ​i restored a folder to its previous version but i want to undo that and bring it back to its latest version....how do i do it....help appreciated a lot!! 44144