Windows 10: Manipulating Text

Discus and support Manipulating Text in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I'm looking for a Windows or Office native way to manipulate selected text. In Mac OS , I've used automator to create services that show up in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/alb1616, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Manipulating Text

Hello, I'm looking for a Windows or Office native way to manipulate selected text.

In Mac OS , I've used automator to create services that show up in the right-click context menu. For example, I can select some text, right-click, choose my word-jumble service, and the selected text will be replaced with anagrams. I use these services quite a lot to make worksheets for my students.

I want to replicate these in Windows or just in Word. It doesn't have to be via the context menu but I'd like it to be as quick and simple to use if possible. Any ideas what I should start looking at? I'm happy to do some scripting. But, I'd like to share the results with other teachers who may not be so technically inclined.

Thanks

submitted by /u/alb1616
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/alb1616, Dec 2, 2019
  2. trog100 Win User

Crypto Manipulation.. ??

is the price of crypto coins being manipulated.. one look at this coinranking chart tell me it is.. the odd coin shows a slight deviation but the rest move up and down in perfect lock step.. the little daily graph on the far right of the image kind of points this out..

sometimes the pattern breaks and the coins do their own thing but during all big up or down moves the lock step pattern shows up..

stellar and eos being the slightly deviant coins in this chart but the pattern of the rest is near identical..

Manipulating Text crypto-manipulation.jpg

trog

trog100, Dec 2, 2019
  3. text suggestion

Hi, Alp Patel.

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

To enable text suggestion on your Lumia 640, you may follow these steps:

1. Go to Settings under your App list.

2. Search for Keyboard.

3. Tap the keyboard you're using to make changes.

4. Check the checkbox for "Suggest text".

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Cristal Reg, Dec 2, 2019
  4. W1zzard Win User

Manipulating Text

List of tooltip texts

• Do not translate the IDS_ strings, only what's inside the "s
    • \n is a newline character that acts like "return" is pressed. so text\n\ntext2 adds a blank line between "text" and "text2"
    • %s is replaced by some inserted text, you may move the %s to other positions within the text, but if multiple %s are present they will be inserted in the same order in all languages

W1zzard, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

Manipulating Text

1. Manipulating Text - Similar Threads - Manipulating Text

2. All keystrokes are manipulating the volume of my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All keystrokes are manipulating the volume of my computer?: 'Filter keys' setting is turned on to prevent it from occurring without inputs, as the volume is constantly riding up without key inputs when that setting is turned off.As the title says, every single key is turning up and only up the volume on my laptop. It is a Corsair...
  3. All keystrokes are manipulating the volume of my computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All keystrokes are manipulating the volume of my computer?: 'Filter keys' setting is turned on to prevent it from occurring without inputs, as the volume is constantly riding up without key inputs when that setting is turned off.As the title says, every single key is turning up and only up the volume on my laptop. It is a Corsair...
  4. File corrupted! This program has been manipulated and maybe it’s infected by a Virus or...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File corrupted! This program has been manipulated and maybe it’s infected by a Virus or...: I bought a licensed game on Steam "Steep" from Ubisoft, downloaded it, installed it, launched it, and there was the error "File corrupted! This program has been manipulated and maybe it’s infected by a Virus or cracked. This file won’t work anymore" I tried a lot, I’m ready...
  5. File corrupted! This program has been manipulated and maybe it’s infected by a Virus or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File corrupted! This program has been manipulated and maybe it’s infected by a Virus or...: I bought a licensed game on Steam "Steep" from Ubisoft, downloaded it, installed it, launched it, and there was the error "File corrupted! This program has been manipulated and maybe it’s infected by a Virus or cracked. This file won’t work anymore" I tried a lot, I’m ready...
  6. File corrupted! This program has been manipulated and maybe it’s infected by a Virus or...

7. File is corrupted manipulated maybe affected by virus or cracks this file wont work anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File is corrupted manipulated maybe affected by virus or cracks this file wont work anymore: HiYesterday me and my friend bought a copy of rainbow6 frm shop so then we tried to launch exe it says file is corrupted manipulated maybe affected by virus or cracks this file wont work anymore. But we tested on his laptop it works fine without a error. So realised it is my...
  8. File is corrupted manipulated maybe affected by virus or cracks this file wont work anymore

File is corrupted manipulated maybe affected by virus or cracks this file wont work anymore: HiYesterday me and my friend bought a copy of rainbow6 frm shop so then we tried to launch exe it says file is corrupted manipulated maybe affected by virus or cracks this file wont work anymore. But we tested on his laptop it works fine without a error. So realised it is my...
  9. In IDEs there shortcuts for text selection/manipulation and box highlighting. Is it...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    In IDEs there shortcuts for text selection/manipulation and box highlighting. Is it...: For example, in VSC, alt+click produces multiple cursors. Shift+alt, scroll produces box highlighting instead of wrap highlighting. submitted by /u/CockGoblinReturns [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fijmwc/in_ides_there_shortcuts_for_text/
  10. Are there Windows 10 keyboard shortcuts for text/document manipulation to move insertion...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Are there Windows 10 keyboard shortcuts for text/document manipulation to move insertion...: Hi all I recently moved back to Windows after using Macs for 20 years (can't believe it but I love Windows again!). One BIG thing I miss and have not found a way to replace are 4 keyboard shortcut for text/document manipulation that I used hundreds of times a day......