Windows 10: Manjaro KDE cannot install VMware Tools

Discus and support Manjaro KDE cannot install VMware Tools in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; In a virtual environment Manjaro KDE isn't as smooth of an experience as OpenSuse is. OpenSuse runs as expected full screen out of the box. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by swarfega, Nov 14, 2020.

1. swarfega Win User

Manjaro KDE cannot install VMware Tools

In a virtual environment Manjaro KDE isn't as smooth of an experience as OpenSuse is. OpenSuse runs as expected full screen out of the box. I have tried running the manual update scripts with and without sudo but it always errors.

Is there a known fix for this?

:)

swarfega, Nov 14, 2020
  2. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there
    Install package open-vm-tools on your guest Manjaro system think it's done via pacman (same as arch linux) - it's the same as the standard vmware tools. Otherwise use the AUR repository (run yay as non root).

problem I have with using vmware for running Linux VM's is that for some distros you can't get 1920 X 1080 screen resolution which as its standard HD 1080p seems blatently bonkers !!!!

rather than manjaro why not go for arch linux (the real thing) -- you can get a nice easy graphical installer (the zen installer) from sourceforge -- choose sddm at the end for the GUI to get KDE - then either chose plasma (the basic system) or choose the applications (which gives you loads of apps). The system is very easy to install via the zen installer.

cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Nov 14, 2020
  3. swarfega Win User

In a virtual environment Manjaro KDE isn't as smooth of an experience as OpenSuse is. OpenSuse runs as expected full screen out of the box. I have tried running the manual update scripts with and without sudo but it always errors.

Is there a known fix for this?

swarfega, Nov 14, 2020
  4. swarfega Win User

Thanks Jimbo. I might try Arch sometime. I want to try doing Linux from Scratch too. I think Manjaro is a lost cause on VM.

swarfega, Nov 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Manjaro KDE cannot install VMware Tools - Similar Threads - Manjaro KDE cannot

2. Why is install vmware tools greyed out?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is install vmware tools greyed out?: Hi Microsoft,So i was trying to install vmware tools on my windows 7 vm but the option "Install vmware tools" is greyed outThere is no way its because "The os is old it may become unsupported" because i click "Install vmware tools" on my windows xp virtual machine and it...
  3. Why is install vmware tools greyed out?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is install vmware tools greyed out?: Hi Microsoft,So i was trying to install vmware tools on my windows 7 vm but the option "Install vmware tools" is greyed outThere is no way its because "The os is old it may become unsupported" because i click "Install vmware tools" on my windows xp virtual machine and it...
  4. Can not install vmware tools with autounattend.xml

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can not install vmware tools with autounattend.xml: Hello, please help me to resolve the issue. After installation, the tools say that they are installed incorrectly.https://pastebin.com/Cdr3eqMU...
  5. Win2K - Choppy and Distorted sound even Vmware Tools are installed

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Win2K - Choppy and Distorted sound even Vmware Tools are installed: Hi, I have a problem on my Win2K VM, The sound is DISTORTED or CHOPPY. I recorded that. Listen here: %appdata% 2021-05-04 at 07h07m16s (1).wav %appdata% 2021-05-04 at 07h07m16s (4).wav This is the original audio files (also recorded): %appdata% 2021-05-04 at 07h07m16s...
  6. KDE on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    KDE on windows 10?: Hi there, I'm wondering if you can change the desktop environment for windows. Preferably KDE neon or manjaro. Is this possible? if so, how? submitted by /u/HenriHawk_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hjp2bg/kde_on_windows_10/
  7. Can't Install Windows 10, but can Install Manjaro

Can't Install Windows 10, but can Install Manjaro: For some reason, I can't get Windows 10 to install on my new computer Ryzen 3600, ASUS TUF X570. After the install has asked its privacy-related questions and I should be headed into Windows, the screen starts turning on and off. I can't get to Windows and I've tried...
  8. Switching from Manjaro to Linux

Switching from Manjaro to Linux: I posted this question on the Manjaro Linux forum, and someone directed me to here. Now, I switched from Windows 10 to Manjaro and I want to switch back, mainly because I can't play most of my games with Linux. I already have a 8GB USB with Windows 10 on it. However, it's not...
  9. Vmware workstation 10.3 - W10 cannot install vmware tools

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Vmware workstation 10.3 - W10 cannot install vmware tools: Hi there Problem with installing VMWARE tools with Windows 10 x-64 using Windows host. Works fine on LINUX host !!!! (VMware workstation rel 10.0.3 build-1895310) Cheers jimbo 1993
  10. KDE apps on Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KDE apps on Windows: Yea I have tried KDE apps in WSL which is not bad, failing that I just install some distro on an HD on my old machine.