Windows 10: Manual tagging of photos in Windows Photos

Discus and support Manual tagging of photos in Windows Photos in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Is there a way to manually tag photos the scan has missed?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KevinHale1, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Manual tagging of photos in Windows Photos

Is there a way to manually tag photos the scan has missed?

:)

KevinHale1, Apr 1, 2020

2. Using tags on photos in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

• Are you referring to the Photos app or the Windows Live Photo Gallery?
    I suggest you to follow the suggestion provided by Created by Barb Bowman August 11, 2013 from the below link and check if it helps.

Edit Metadata and Tag Photos in Windows 8

Edit Metadata and Tag Photos in Windows 8

(Also applicable for Windows 10)

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Apr 1, 2020
  3. Print or find all photo tags used in Windows 10

Hi,

Adding tags on your photos will help you easily find the photos you're looking for. If you would like to find the the list of photo tags you used, you may perform these steps:

• Open Windows Explorer.
    • View your folder in Details view to see tags.
    • Click Tags to sort by any of the tags.

Do let us know if have further queries.

Rachelle Gra, Apr 1, 2020
  4. Manual tagging of photos in Windows Photos

tags or title for pictures / photos

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Title is used to get more information about the content, different documents will have different title.

You can add same tags for documents with different title to group them to together, which will help in searching the file with same tags. I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to add tags or title to your image.

Steps:

1. Right click on the Image or photo you want to tag.
    2. Select Properties.
    3. Select Detail tab.
    4. Under Description section, select
      tags or title.
    5. Add your tags or title and click on
      Ok.

Note: You can add more than one tag to the same image or photo.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Apr 1, 2020
Thema:

Manual tagging of photos in Windows Photos

1. Manual tagging of photos in Windows Photos - Similar Threads - Manual tagging photos

2. Tagging photos

in Windows 10 Support
    Tagging photos: Hello i need a program to search through my photo collection and do facial recognition, so will be presented with all photos that have Fred which I identified from a previous photo. Once I have all the Fred photos displayed, then by selecting all I can add the TAG Fred to the...
  3. Manually add people tags in photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Manually add people tags in photos: I'm using the photos app to organise my large collection of photos. It has done a great job of automatically tagging people, and also my cat. Hoping to find a way of manually adding tags to my photos, actually mainly of the cat. Photos has only found something like 38...
  4. How does one manually tag individual faces in a group photo in Live Photos?

How does one manually tag individual faces in a group photo in Live Photos?: Prior versions of Windows Live Photos had a toolbar on top. [ATTACH] The current version has no such option that would allow for manually entering multiple different tags on a single photo in the Edit or any other section. Has this feature been removed? Or, if not, how...
  5. Photo tags

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photo tags: Good day team I have an HP laptop with windows 10 Trying to change tags in photos After making changes the old tags return Ray https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-tags/93dae9f7-df07-4b75-98cd-69ba1807e405
  6. Photo tags

Photo tags: In a previous version of Microsoft photo gallery I tagged 31 gig worth of pictures using the provided face recognition technology. After restoring from a back up hard drive into a new computer, I can not find any of my tag info. Where is it? Why does it not display in...
  7. Tagging people in photos

Tagging people in photos: I note most of the comments around this topic do not give a resolution - they are around 12 months old - has Windows not yet addressed this? Still can't tag people faces by name and search for just pictures with them in it?...
  8. Photo Tagging

Photo Tagging: Tagging photo was a breeze in my now defunct Picasa. I Have Photoshop Elements but the photo Organizer is buggy as hell. My question is how I tag a photo or a group of phots in Microsoft Photos Windows 10. Thanks....
  9. Tagging Photos

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tagging Photos: I have a lot of untagged photos on One Drive. Is there a way I can tag multiple photos at once? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tagging-photos/35479a17-c720-4a4d-b523-f0fe2a96a375
  10. Metadata & Tags in photos

Metadata & Tags in photos: I have a folder of 250 photos with various tags applied to each of them. The photos are at full resolution. I need to down res the 250 photos and place in another folder. If I resize these photos but keep the same photo names, is it possible to copy the metadata tags and...