Windows 10: Manual Update installation failed

Discus and support Manual Update installation failed in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I was trying to install a specific update from Microsoft Update Catalog. It was kb5037958.When I tried to use dism /Online /Add-Package... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ThundY, May 28, 2024.

1. ThundY Win User

Manual Update installation failed

I was trying to install a specific update from Microsoft Update Catalog. It was kb5037958.When I tried to use dism /Online /Add-Package /PackagePath.Command Prompt responded with:```Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.19041.3636 Image Version: 10.0.19045.3803 An error occurred trying to open - C:\Users\asd\Desktop\windows10.0-kb5037958-x64b.cab Error: 0x80070002 Error: 2 The system cannot find the file specified. The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log```

:)

ThundY, May 28, 2024
  2. jds21 Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, May 28, 2024
  3. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, May 28, 2024
  4. chideock Win User

KB4025339 Fails Install 0x80070564

Thanks
    I am trying Eagle 51's suggestions now. Windows Update troubleshooter found a bunch of errors and fixed all but one.The update is trying to download KB4025339 again. I'll see what happens. At step one troubleshooter finishes with one error unresolved "Potential Windows Update Database Error Detected-Not Fixed". Windows update stalled at 0%.

At step 2 same troubleshooter error. The KB finished a new download failed to install.
    Did step 3 KB has downloaded but fails to install.

If Eagle's suggestion doesn't work I'll try EdTittel's suggestion

Tried bothe Eagle & Ed 's suggestions - do not work. Anyone else?

I have noticed that the latest update for my nvidia drivers has failed to update. Wondering about that!

chideock, May 28, 2024
Thema:

1. Manual Update installation failed - Similar Threads - Manual Update installation

2. Manual Update installation failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Manual Update installation failed: I was trying to install a specific update from Microsoft Update Catalog. It was kb5037958.When I tried to use dism /Online /Add-Package /PackagePath.Command Prompt responded with:```Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.19041.3636 Image Version:...
  3. Manual Update installation failed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Manual Update installation failed: I was trying to install a specific update from Microsoft Update Catalog. It was kb5037958.When I tried to use dism /Online /Add-Package /PackagePath.Command Prompt responded with:```Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.19041.3636 Image Version:...
  4. windows updates fail + 20H2 manual installation failure

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows updates fail + 20H2 manual installation failure: Hello, my current win 10 pro version is 2004, for the past months I have troubles with windows update, I get this error: There were problems downloading some updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this, try searching the web or contacting support for help....
  5. Manual Install of Updates

Manual Install of Updates: I've a footwalled system I need to install MS updates on. I've got a lot to do so I'm going to create a batch file and do it command line. Is there any difference between running the msu directly or calling it by using wusa? i.e 1. Update.msu /quiet /norestart 2....
  6. Failed updates, failed attempts at manual update

Failed updates, failed attempts at manual update: Hi, I've been unable to download some updates. Manual updates have also not worked. BACKGROUND System - Windows 10 Pro 1909 - 64 bit Additional security program - Malwarebytes FAILED UPDATES 03/01/2020 – KB2267602 version 1.311.368.0 - error...
  7. Manually installing updates

Manually installing updates: I have recently installed windows 10 and am already getting extremely frustrated with the inaccessibility of windows updates, it seems that Windows these days wants users to have zero control over what happens with their computer. I disabled mine because I read about users...
  8. Install updates manually

Install updates manually: I need to install Windows 10 updates manually, how i can do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-updates-manually/0a7de959-01a7-4c68-958d-483a4b0b169a
  9. How to install updates manually?

How to install updates manually?: I have started Windows 1809 update. But the internet connection was quite slow so I shutdown my system at 48% (downloaded). But when I have turned on my system to continue downloading, it says "You're up to date".[ATTACH] But when I checked the update history it shows...
  10. KB4056892 not offered for update; manual install fails 0x80073715

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    KB4056892 not offered for update; manual install fails 0x80073715: The Meltdown patch has not been offered so far for update on my Win10 Pro (build 1709) laptop. It also fails the PowerShell script that MS provided to check if your system is vulnerable. It is NOT an AMD system, and I'm using Windows Defender for antivirus protection. When...