Windows 10: Manual updates not applicable, please assist

Discus and support Manual updates not applicable, please assist in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm trying to update windows manually without internet on one of the PC's that do not have a broadband connection. Is there a way to go from 17 > 18 >... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Robertsons RM, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Manual updates not applicable, please assist

I'm trying to update windows manually without internet on one of the PC's that do not have a broadband connection. Is there a way to go from 17 > 18 > 19 series updates without having to manually find each individual update? I've tried doing this and cannot find the exact update and it ends up failing(not applicable).

:)

Robertsons RM, Aug 15, 2019
  2. haan Win User

Windows 10 Manual Updates Management

I have just installed windows 10. When windows 10 is updating (and only when its updating) there is a chance the system will randomly hang/freeze.

This is very annoying and happens often but, only when updating.

In an attempt to avoid this problem, I have decided to manually download and install updates.

To do so, I have to do the following.

1. Disable Windows 10 automatic updates.
    2. While windows 10 updates are disabled find and list all the required updates (preferable with a dependency tree of some kind)
    3. Download the required updates manually.
    4. Install the required updates manually.

I was able to figure out the steps (1) and (3) (and I'm guessing step (4) is a simple execution)

How should I go about achieving step (2)?

3. Explorer.exe, Werfault.exe, RuntimeBroker.exe (application errors). start wont come up and application errors wont go

Hi James,

Thank you for your response with the current update on the issue.

To assist you to better, please provided us the information below:

• Have you tried to perform all the steps provided in the previous post?
    • Have you created another user account as suggested in the step 2?

Please try to perform the step 1 and step 2 provided in the previous post. Let us know of the results after performing it.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Start Menu and running application, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Aug 15, 2019
  4. Manual updates not applicable, please assist

Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Aug 15, 2019
Thema:

Manual updates not applicable, please assist

1. Manual updates not applicable, please assist - Similar Threads - Manual updates applicable

2. BSOD. Please assist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD. Please assist: I recently upgraded from a RTX 4070 to an RTX 4080. Ever since I got the new card, my PC will BSOD after closing a game or sometimes when i am powering off. I noticed it only happens after 2 or 3 hours of play time. Any help would be appriciated.System:Ryzen 7 7700x - CPUASUS...
  3. BSOD. Please assist

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD. Please assist: I recently upgraded from a RTX 4070 to an RTX 4080. Ever since I got the new card, my PC will BSOD after closing a game or sometimes when i am powering off. I noticed it only happens after 2 or 3 hours of play time. Any help would be appriciated.System:Ryzen 7 7700x - CPUASUS...
  4. Assistance please.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Assistance please.: I have a Code 28 on an unknown device. Restarting doesn’t fix it and I can’t update it. I’ve tried uninstalling it and restarting but that don’t work. Can only connect to certain sites. The device don’t know if the device is causing the error. But yeah I have a device with a...
  5. Assistance please.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Assistance please.: I have a Code 28 on an unknown device. Restarting doesn’t fix it and I can’t update it. I’ve tried uninstalling it and restarting but that don’t work. Can only connect to certain sites. The device don’t know if the device is causing the error. But yeah I have a device with a...
  6. Assistance please.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Assistance needed please

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Assistance needed please: So I finally took the plunge and brought a new laptop, yay so happy. I see that I can link to a wireless display and have a Hisense TV that has the anyview cast feature. I have managed to get it to connect but when it does, it just gives me a blank screen on the TV. I have...
  8. BSOD - Please assist

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD - Please assist: Hello, I hope I am posting this in the right place. I get BSOD errors on my device almost once a day. I followed this article https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/bsod-finding-and-fixing-them/1939df35-283f-4830-a4dd-e95ee5d8669d to collect...
  9. Macros assist please

in Windows 10 Customization
    Macros assist please: I need help creating macros for mouse movements to specific location on screen within any program. Any guidance? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/macros-assist-please/cc339cd6-505f-42b7-a6cc-1cf6452f83f7
  10. Assistance please

in Windows 10 Customization
    Assistance please: Ever since i updated my HP 255 G6 Window 10,I have been experiencing black or coloured screen with a spinning dot and sometimes "Your system has an error and we are Restarting for u,search online for error Video_tdr_failure" Please what can i do to get rid of this?...