Windows 10: Manual Windows 10 rollback from windows.old?

Discus and support Manual Windows 10 rollback from windows.old? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm looking for the Windows 10 equivalent of this process described in this support page:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by siphonsiphon, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Manual Windows 10 rollback from windows.old?

I'm looking for the Windows 10 equivalent of this process described in this support page:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/971760/how-to-restore-a-windows-7-based-computer-to-a-previous-windows-instal

Or does basically this same procedure also work to try to go back to a previous Windows 10 version?

Would the "bootsect" command be different (i.e., is the flag /nt99 or some other number) or does it need to be run at all when the prior version is also Windows 10?

:)

siphonsiphon, Jan 16, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 16, 2019
  3. Windows 10 upgrade rant..

The free space shouldn't prevent you from upgrading to built 1607. I manually upgraded my own laptop which had only 9gigs free space left on the system drive.

I unzipped the Windows 10 Pro anniversary edition ISO on my D drive, and started the upgrade process from there. At one point the installer complained about not having enough free space on the main drive, i just had to point it to the D drive to proceed to the next step. Now the rollback installation is stored there and doesn't clog up the C drive anymore.

In your case you could insert a large sdcard to act as the required rollback drive, i'm pretty sure it would do the trick.

Oh and by the way, if you want to further compress your System files:
    • do a search Command Prompt, right-click it, and select Run as administrator.
    • Type COMPACT.EXE /CompactOS:always and hit Enter.
    You'll will gain anything from 2 to 4 gigs free space after it's done.

blobster21, Jan 16, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Manual Windows 10 rollback from windows.old?

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jan 16, 2019
Thema:

Manual Windows 10 rollback from windows.old?

1. Manual Windows 10 rollback from windows.old? - Similar Threads - Manual rollback old

2. Unable to rollback from windows 11 to windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to rollback from windows 11 to windows 10: Hi Team,I have update my pc from windows 10 to windows 11 and now I want to rollback without losing any data as I am not satisfied with the services. Please help.Else please help me with how to use Microsoft office for free in windows 11 desktop....
  3. Rollback to Windows 10 from Windows 11 failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rollback to Windows 10 from Windows 11 failed: Windows 11 installed successfully but I decided to go back to Windows 10 because of a significant slowdown and loss of some preferred features. The rollback was attempted after 4 days. The rollback failed and sent the computer into Automatic Repair which also failed. It is...
  4. Rollback to Windows 10 from Windows 11 failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rollback to Windows 10 from Windows 11 failed: Windows 11 installed successfully but I decided to go back to Windows 10 because of a significant slowdown and loss of some preferred features. The rollback was attempted after 4 days. The rollback failed and sent the computer into Automatic Repair which also failed. It is...
  5. Rollback to Windows 10 from Windows 11 failed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Windows 10 Rollback

Windows 10 Rollback: I inadvertently upgraded my PC with the current version of Windows. Is there a way to migrate the programs from the Windows.old folder to the new version or is there a way to revert back to the previous version?...
  7. Rollback Cortana Beta Windows 10 2004 to old Cortana

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rollback Cortana Beta Windows 10 2004 to old Cortana: Hey there, I just need support on how to rollback Cortana beta, to the good old Cortana. I used to use the old Cortana with my Windows 10 1909 update, and it was pretty good, with lots of deep linking features like alarms and times, music control, Alexa, and many more. But...
  8. Rollback Windows 10 from 1903 to 1803

Rollback Windows 10 from 1903 to 1803: I am having a problem with playing Tropico 5 from GOG and it seems that it worked on previous versions of Windows. I have read that it works on 1803, but I don't know how to roll back from 1903 to 1803. Please help!...
  9. Rollback from Windows 10 to Windows 10?

Rollback from Windows 10 to Windows 10?: My laptop would never finish downloading the 1511 update due to 10's persistent limited networking access bug (while all my other computers were working fine on the same LAN). So I got the latest media creation tool, downloaded the 10 Pro x64 ISO, popped it in,...
  10. Windows 10 rollback

Windows 10 rollback: Hi I have windows 7 licence for my PC. I installed the free upgrade to windows 10 through windows 7. I created a USB windows 10 install and used the setup on through windows 7. I made a backup image of windows 10, reinstalled it and it is fine. I understand there is an...