Windows 10: Manually created folders on C drive are read-only

Discus and support Manually created folders on C drive are read-only in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was just creating a folder on my C drive (SSD) when I noticed that the attribute is set to read-only. I've tried clearing the attribute many ways... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sickmetal, Aug 11, 2015.

1. sickmetal Win User

Manually created folders on C drive are read-only

I was just creating a folder on my C drive (SSD) when I noticed that the attribute is set to read-only. I've tried clearing the attribute many ways using the link below but to no avail. Right-clicking on the folder does not show the option to Take Ownership. Does anyone know why this is happening and how to correct it?

Remove read-only attribute from folder - Windows 8.1 - Super User

:)

sickmetal, Aug 11, 2015
  2. Vasudev Win User

Re: iTunes music import

Have you checked this thread? Document folders marked read only after upgrade to Windows 10

Also what is the location of these Read Only folders? As suggested by Robert, try creating new folder in Music folder or on drive other than C if you have partitions. (assuming your OS is on C drive)

Vasudev, Aug 11, 2015
  3. DJ Moz Win User
    Random folders in my C: drive are being created

hi - I think its related to the SCCM Client

please have a read of this article:

sandbox folders in 10049

in a nutshell, you may need to uninstall SCCM:

Check with IT Staff if you run CCM first:

1. from an elevated cmd prompt.

Run: C:\Windows\ccmsetup\ccmsetup.exe /uninstall

2. Delete: C:\Windows\ccmsetup\

3. Delete all of the folders with the long names\ sandbox that have been generated.

4. Check to see if the folders come back. If so check to see if c:\windows\ccmsetup is back. If so talk to your administrator

DJ Moz, Aug 11, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Read Only is the normal attribute for a folder. Weird but true. It is mostly ignored by Windows and does not make the folder read only. Check all your folders.

Ztruker, Aug 11, 2015
Thema:

1. Manually created folders on C drive are read-only - Similar Threads - Manually created folders

2. folders are read only

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    folders are read only: hello, I'm on windows 10 pro and I cant seem to find a way to remove the read only, I've tried as admin, cmd, etc.if someone can help me would me appreciated !! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folders-are-read-only/7f8f773d-718c-42cf-835b-bffa74e59326
  3. folders are read only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    folders are read only: hello, I'm on windows 10 pro and I cant seem to find a way to remove the read only, I've tried as admin, cmd, etc.if someone can help me would me appreciated !! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folders-are-read-only/7f8f773d-718c-42cf-835b-bffa74e59326
  4. C Drive Creating Download Folder?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    C Drive Creating Download Folder?: So I changed my default storage from C drive to my own external hard drive for everything. When I download an image it automatically pops up in the hard drive, but when I download a video or anything that i cant "save as", say a video from Google drive for example, it...
  5. Create a system image for only the C drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Create a system image for only the C drive: Hello, I have Windows 10 installed on Drive C and Virtual Box installed on Drive F which are two physical drives. When I run the 'Create a system image' via Windows 10, Drive C is selected and Drive F too. I've not installed any operating system in Virtual Box, so why...
  6. Read only folders

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Read only folders: Hi I am using windows 10 Home addition. And I am facing two problems. 1. My folders in laptop has become read-only. I have tried to un-check read-only from properties, and as well as from CMD prompt window by using Attrib -R +S\ command. But still no luck. for your...
  7. Read-only folders

Read-only folders: All folders on both computers on my home network have become read-only; the files within them are not showing as read-only, but cannot be amended due to the folder permissions. I have tried the solutions referenced on line using security permissions, allowing inheritance etc....
  8. Read only folders on all disc drives

in Windows 10 Customization
    Read only folders on all disc drives: Hello, past few days I am experiencing very bad situation with computer. I read many posts but I still do not get things working as they should so I am hoping that I will get some answers here. I am guessing that with latest update windows decided that my folders are...
  9. All folders are stuck in Read Only on C Drive in Windows 10

All folders are stuck in Read Only on C Drive in Windows 10: I am unable to edit these folders or move or copy anything to or from them, which is obviously a massive inconvenience. I first noticed this yesterday but have no idea when it actually started, so I'm hesitant to start doing system restore points. If I try to change it to not...
  10. All newly created folders are marked Read Only

All newly created folders are marked Read Only: New computer, Lenovo, All folders I create or extract are by default marked read only. I've given myself full access to my C drive and can delete them, but why are they marked Read Only? How do I turn this off?...