Windows 10: Manually downloading/installing updates for win10?

Discus and support Manually downloading/installing updates for win10? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I normally have updates set for manual: detect but advise only, pending manual execution (download and install). Years ago, on win7, I got bitten badly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Davidk, Oct 13, 2020.

1. Davidk Win User

Manually downloading/installing updates for win10?

I normally have updates set for manual: detect but advise only, pending manual execution (download and install). Years ago, on win7, I got bitten badly several times by doing the monthly patch update immediately. The bad patches were recalled by MS within a day or 2, but for me and others the early update was a bad experience and recovery painful. After 2 occasions of that, I changed my routine and deliberately chose to update about 3-5 days after monthly updates were released: the pain was elsewhere and if KB's were recalled, by the time I updated they were no longer in the distribution list.
    Since upgrading to win10 several months ago, initially 1909 and now 2004, I've noted that updates are auto detected, and downloaded and installed, silently, with the only manual action apparently allowed regards re-start: now, defer until out of hours time, or pause it for a period of days. Several times that silent auto download/install has been interrupted by a shutdown and that plus the next start became unusually slow for reason of the update; found after start occurred and I went looking.
    And I have noted that with win10 the habit MS has of periodically released updates with bugs that are soon recalled has not changed.
    Is there any way to configure win10 updates so that;
    - they are detected and advised ONLY until manual execution action occurs
    - on manual initiation, the download happens followed by installation
    Effectively, a way back to the IMHO the better methods of win7?

:)

Davidk, Oct 13, 2020
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Oct 13, 2020
  3. user33331 Win User
    Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

Hello
    Win10: Windows update is stuck at never ending loop ? ( Last Win10 updates in 2017 ). Can't update the laptop. Genuine Win10 on a HP 2015 17.3" laptop that originally had Win8. ( CPU:AMD A9, GPU:Radeon R5 ).

If I download this below file does it manually install the latest updates of Win10 (=2018 April Update) without losing any files currently on the machine ? ( Mainly paid Office 2013 )
    MediaCreationTool1803.exe
    Download Windows 10

user33331, Oct 13, 2020
  4. Manually downloading/installing updates for win10?

Latest win10 Update 1803 cant install?

I am having a issue with this update,. I fallow the steps via windows update, DL the update, shows install. ask me to reboot pc. after reboot its start the update install pc reboot several times. On the last time, I get a message saying" Restoring windows to previous version". Then it takes me back to windows, and i get a message update could not be installed.
    In windows update-control panel it shows update waiting for reboot. i click on it and does same thing. after install it restore to previous version. what is going on?
    I have disable windows firewall for time being.
    specs
    Z97 Pro gamer MB 4790k @4.7 DDR3 2400 RAM Win10 x64 M.2 and SSD.

atanas dimitrov, Oct 13, 2020
Thema:

Manually downloading/installing updates for win10?

1. Manually downloading/installing updates for win10? - Similar Threads - Manually downloading installing

2. Manually Downloading Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Manually Downloading Windows Updates: I have an old desktop, custom-built for me in 2011, running Windows 7 64 Bit Professional, and I've run into an issue with DPC latency, which leads to stuttering audio. Specifically this started happening when I purchased a Scarlet 18I20 Third Generation USB audio interface....
  3. Manually Downloading Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Manually Downloading Windows Updates: I have an old desktop, custom-built for me in 2011, running Windows 7 64 Bit Professional, and I've run into an issue with DPC latency, which leads to stuttering audio. Specifically this started happening when I purchased a Scarlet 18I20 Third Generation USB audio interface....
  4. Manually download and install windows update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Manually download and install windows update: Is there a way to download the latest latest update of windows manually? Because my wifi in my pc randomly dont recognize any router i already tried everything i already reinstall windows but still wifi is still not working hoping the latest update fix this cause i heard this...
  5. Manual Install of Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Manual Install of Updates: I've a footwalled system I need to install MS updates on. I've got a lot to do so I'm going to create a batch file and do it command line. Is there any difference between running the msu directly or calling it by using wusa? i.e 1. Update.msu /quiet /norestart 2....
  6. Win10 1903 update not downloading or installing

Win10 1903 update not downloading or installing: I get the following message on the update page: The Windows 10 May 2019 Update is on its way. We're offering this update to compatible devices, but your device isn't quite ready for it. Once your device is ready, you'll see the update available on this page. There's...
  7. How to download and install Windows updates manually

in Windows 10 News
    How to download and install Windows updates manually: Most home devices that run a version of Microsoft's Windows operating system are updated using Windows Update. Windows Update is a comfortable solution to install patches for the operating system with minimal effort; downside to using Windows Update is that administrators are...
  8. Manually installing updates

Manually installing updates: I have recently installed windows 10 and am already getting extremely frustrated with the inaccessibility of windows updates, it seems that Windows these days wants users to have zero control over what happens with their computer. I disabled mine because I read about users...
  9. Install updates manually

Install updates manually: I need to install Windows 10 updates manually, how i can do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-updates-manually/0a7de959-01a7-4c68-958d-483a4b0b169a
  10. Manually Download Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Manually Download Update: I have a limited wifi issue. Toshiba states update KB3114149 may solve the issue. I can't determine if this update was included when I upgraded to 10586/1511 as it is not listed in Update History. Is there a way to manually download that update ? 32690