Windows 10: Manually sort jpeg files in a folder

Discus and support Manually sort jpeg files in a folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am preparing to do a little presentation. The subject required me to go back to old hard copy photos. I took photos of photos with my phone. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by WandaHP, Dec 21, 2018.

1. WandaHP Win User

Manually sort jpeg files in a folder

I am preparing to do a little presentation. The subject required me to go back to old hard copy photos. I took photos of photos with my phone. I have all the images in a folder on my HP laptop. I cannot seem to drag and drop them in the order I want. Can somebody help?

:)

WandaHP, Dec 21, 2018

2. sort folders and files in explorer

Hi Greg,

You can filter the folders and files in File Explorer using the Sort by option. To best address your concern, we need you to answer the following questions:

• What do you mean when you mentioned “files sorted by latest first”?
    • You mentioned that you were able to perform it before, which Windows version were you using that time?
    • Can you provide us a detailed description of what you would like to perform?

In the meantime, you can try the following steps:

• Go to File Explorer.
    • Click the Drive where the files and folders are saved.
    • Under Current view, click Sort by.
    • Select Name if you would like to sort it alphabetically. Choose
      Date modified or Date created if you wanted to sort it by date. Refer to the image below.

Manually sort jpeg files in a folder ea8092d2-1503-4ff9-b2a2-42100640d71c.png

Please take note that you can’t apply two filters at a time.

Looking forward for your response.

Kristine Arp, Dec 21, 2018
  3. Jose Est Win User
    How to desegregate Folders/Files in File Explorer Sort By Functions?

Hi,

Sorting the layout of each folder is really dependent on the user's preference, that is why Windows has a variety of ways of sorting files and folders.

To sort files and folders alphanumerically together, we can try grouping it by name.

To do this, follow the steps below:

• On the folder that you want to sort, click View.
    • Look for Group by and left-click on it.
    • Select Name.

Manually sort jpeg files in a folder d1b579c8-659a-4dff-8380-20a72d125af9.png

Let us know if you need anything else.

Jose Est, Dec 21, 2018
  4. Manually sort jpeg files in a folder

Manual sorting for images in the File Explorer on Windows 10

Hello Colorado,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand your requirement in this regard.

Sorting options are similar to arrangements, except they don't change the way your files appear—they just reorder them.
    Generally, files are listed in alphabetical order by name. I mean when you place files, they will be sorted by their name. But this convention doesn't always make the most sense. For example, if you're viewing a list of photos that you took
    with a digital camera, the files might have hard-to-remember names like "IMG_0450." But if you
    tag your photos, sorting them by tags will probably make more sense than alphabetizing them.

To sort your files manually:

• Open the folder or library that you want to sort in the File Explorer.

• Right-click an empty space inside that folder, point to Sort by, and then click a property as per your requirement. The "Sort by" menu will show Name, Date, Tags, Size and etc. Select the required property to
      sort the images as per requirement.

• If you don't see the property you're looking for in the Sort by menu, click
      More to add additional properties.

Alternative way to sort your files:

• Open the folder or library that you want to sort in the File Explorer.

• Go to View on the top and expand the View ribbon by double clicking on it. Click
      Sort by, and then select a property as per your requirement. The "Sort by" menu will show Name, Date, Tags, Size and etc. Select the required property to sort the images as per requirement.

• Click Choose columns.. to add additional properties.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Dec 21, 2018
Thema:

Manually sort jpeg files in a folder

1. Manually sort jpeg files in a folder - Similar Threads - Manually sort jpeg

2. Manual sorting in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Manual sorting in file explorer: When will or why won't Microsoft address the removing the ability to manually arrange files in explorer? If there is some other software that you were trying to force us to use, what is it? Every update, I expect this basic function to be returned, but it is not.I work with...
  3. Manual sorting in file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Manual sorting in file explorer: When will or why won't Microsoft address the removing the ability to manually arrange files in explorer? If there is some other software that you were trying to force us to use, what is it? Every update, I expect this basic function to be returned, but it is not.I work with...
  4. file/folder sort order

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file/folder sort order: win 10 file explorer sort order by date is always folders first.i prefer order by date, regardless of folder, shortcut or file...OR folders last, by datei think there is a date column select, then a secondary SHIFT column select... but.... i cant find it...
  5. .JPEG folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .JPEG folder: Need help adding .jpeg files to a folder that is .jpeg readable to upload to an application site. Is this possible? If not, how do you upload several .jpeg files when the application only accepts 1 page? Tried to control shift to highlight all pages, but it didnt work....
  6. How to sort files by 'date added to folder' to undo copy or move manually

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to sort files by 'date added to folder' to undo copy or move manually: Couldn't find straight forward answer to this. Accidentally moved a load of partial downloads into a folder I had been sorting so mixed things up. Cancelled half way through. Wanted to sort which ones were last added to folder to remove/ move back. 'Sort by date created'...
  7. Sorting files and folders numerically

Sorting files and folders numerically: Hi, I want to sort the files and folders numerically on my Windows 10 OS. If i give the name '01.Abc' to a .doc and '02.Edf' to a folder then the folder is showing first and the doc as second in order. Please refer the screenshot. I want '01.Abc' shown first and '02.Edf'...
  8. Sort files and folders together

Sort files and folders together: I would like to sort files and folders together (alphabetically for example). So after an extensive search, I found plenty of old threads dating from years ago about people trying to achieve the same stuff in Windows Explorer. Examples:...
  9. Sort files in selected folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Sort files in selected folders: Hi, i sort files by opening the folder then right click sort by name(descending) is there a way when i select several folders to sort the files in each folder by name(descending) in one click? 81188
  10. Sort Files in folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Sort Files in folders: Win 10 won't let me move photo files in a folder. Help please*Mad 51885

Users found this page by searching for:

1. manually sort files in folder

2. manually sort picture in windows explorer folder

3. I cant manually sort images in Windows 10 File Explorer folder I created

4. windows explorer sort folders manually