Windows 10: Many apps not able to connect to internet when updating

Discus and support Many apps not able to connect to internet when updating in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi everyone, A couple of months back my laptop stopped connecting to our wireless router, so I got around it by using my phone's mobile hotspot to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Magnatolia, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Many apps not able to connect to internet when updating

Hi everyone,

A couple of months back my laptop stopped connecting to our wireless router, so I got around it by using my phone's mobile hotspot to connect to the WIFI.

Recently I've noticed that a couple of apps can't update and that they can't connect to the internet. Any thoughts on how to rectify this?

I've checked my firewall and intentionally added two of them to the list but no go. I realised my connection was set to metered so changed this to unmetered, and also made it private.

Hoping you can give me some guidance on how to figure this out Many apps not able to connect to internet when updating :)

Thanks!

:)

Magnatolia, Aug 5, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Very low internet connection when I should be at 30 mbps

Hi,

It is possible that you're experiencing Intermittent Internet connection due to configurations or corrupted.outdated Network driver. To provide you the accurate resolution, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried updating your drivers?
    • Does this happen when you played games or
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this article on how to troubleshoot Network connection
    issues. You can expand each section and try performing the steps you've not yet done.

If the issue still persists, we suggest that you follow these options to troubleshoot Network connection:

Option 1: Block connected Wi-Fi users.

Internet speed also depends on, how many users are using your Internet Connection. If many users connected to your WiFi Network. And, If any user is Downloading and Streaming Content, using your WiFi network. Then, you”ll face Windows 10 slow Wi-Fi
    Issue.

Option 2: Check Network Activity:

You can find out those Apps using Resource Monitor.

• Right Click on Start button and then click on Task Manager.
    • In Task Manager click on Performance tab, Now at the bottom of Performance tab, you will get
      Resource Manager option click it.
    • In Resource Monitor you will able to see all running process with network activity. (Means, It shows all Apps and Services that are using your Internet Connection.)
    • If you find out any Program or Services is sending or receiving many bytes (Internet unit). Then you can right-click on that services or program and can use end process button. This option will terminate all network activity of that Windows Service.

Option 3: Disable Windows Delivery Optimization:

• Open Windows 10 Settings App and click on Updates & Security.
    • In Windows Update Window, Click on Advanced Option.
    • Now, On Advanced Update page you”ll get Delivery Optimization option, Click on it.
    • Disable “Allow Downloads from Other PC’s” option.

Option 4: Disable Background Apps:

• Open Settings App and click on Privacy Option.
    • Now, In Privacy Menu, Scroll down and you”ll able to Find out “Background Apps” option. Click on that option.
    • After opening Background Apps settings you”ll get the option to disable it.

NOTE: If you don’t want to stop background activity of all Apps, Then you can also choose specific apps from same Settings.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Aug 5, 2020
  3. SUB
    SuB Win User
    Is it possible to share internet connection via remote desktop?

RDP is not capable of Internet sharing, so you can't share Internet using RDP with standard applications. There are many way to share Internet from a Windows box to another one. I suggest you to use VPN. You should do following steps:

1. Run VPN Server on your server with unlimited internet access
    2. Connect to VPN server from your limited computer

4. Many apps not able to connect to internet when updating

Internet connectivity

Thank you for sharing more details. We would like to verify you are using the Windows Defender Firewall so we can isolate the issue. In some instances, the firewall is blocking the internet connection when using certain apps. At the same time, we also suggest
    the following methods below for initial troubleshooting.

Step 1: Run the Windows App Troubleshooter. The troubleshooter can help identify
    and repair problems automatically.

Step 2: Modify the connection settings in the Internet Options.

• In the Windows search bar, type Internet Options.
    • In the Internet Options window, go to the Connections
      tab.
    • Under the Proxy server section, untick the Use a proxy server for your LAN.
    • Click OK then Apply and OK
      again to save changes.
    • Launch the apps and check if you are able to connect to the internet.

After following these basic steps, let us know the outcome so we can give you additional help.

Kind regards.

Jennifer Cha, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

Many apps not able to connect to internet when updating

1. Many apps not able to connect to internet when updating - Similar Threads - Many apps able

2. Not able to connect to internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to connect to internet: Not able to connect to wifi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-connect-to-internet/568b0fb4-1fda-4e6a-a75f-2e569e0ede1c
  3. Not able to connect to internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not able to connect to internet: Not able to connect to wifi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-connect-to-internet/568b0fb4-1fda-4e6a-a75f-2e569e0ede1c
  4. not able to connect the internet on windows sandbox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    not able to connect the internet on windows sandbox: not able to work on internet on the windows sandbox https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-connect-the-internet-on-windows/a93b8763-98f9-4738-89ec-fbbf90869560
  5. not able to connect the internet on windows sandbox

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    not able to connect the internet on windows sandbox: not able to work on internet on the windows sandbox https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-connect-the-internet-on-windows/a93b8763-98f9-4738-89ec-fbbf90869560
  6. Please help: not able to connect to internet.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please help: not able to connect to internet.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/calm-smile4253 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ld3e0c/please_help_not_able_to_connect_to_internet/
  7. Most of my apps are not able to connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Most of my apps are not able to connect to the internet: I am facing a problem where my apps are not able to connect to the internet. I can browse webpages and receive and send emails on the mail app but I cannot upload any files on the internet. I have read zaffarliman's post and none of the replies help solve my problem....
  8. Most of my apps are not able to connect to the internet

Most of my apps are not able to connect to the internet: I am facing a problem where my apps are not able to connect to the internet. I can browse webpages and receive and send emails on the mail app but I cannot upload any files on the internet. I have read zaffarliman's post and none of the replies help solve my problem....
  9. Not able to connect to the internet through WiFi

Not able to connect to the internet through WiFi: Good morning. Last night I was working by connecting the laptop to the internet through phone. All of a sudden it was disconnected and from that time I am not able to see the available devices in my network option. Only the Airplane mode is there. Please have a look:...
  10. Windows 10 Apps are not able to access internet when they are connect to WIFI which has...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 Apps are not able to access internet when they are connect to WIFI which has...: when I connect my system to a wifi network which has proxy settings and IP address etcc., Windows 10 Apps(Microsoft store apps) are not able to access the internet where are remaining applications are able to access the internet which is downloaded from the internet. (Chrome,...