Windows 10: Many BSOD Crashes After Clean Windows Install

Discus and support Many BSOD Crashes After Clean Windows Install in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello all! I recently did a full clean install on my desktop because I was having periodic BSODs maybe twice a week while idling and figured it was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AustinConcepcion, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Many BSOD Crashes After Clean Windows Install

Hello all!

I recently did a full clean install on my desktop because I was having periodic BSODs maybe twice a week while idling and figured it was an easy enough troubleshooting step.

I completely cleaned my boot drive a tried to reinstall Windows from a USB stick, but struggled due to constant BSOD crashes during the post-install setup. I eventually made it through after over a dozen tries and now have a working Windows desktop, but it is severely unstable and crashes very often crashes every 15-30 minutes. My OS was initially crashing every 5 minutes or so, but after installing drivers it is slightly more stable. There are a variety of BSOD causes, and can be seen in the link below.

I have set my BIOS to default settings and turned off all OC settings. All drivers are up to date and were sourced from the hardware manufacturers mobo, cpu, gpu, nvme, etc. I have run Windows Update. I have run Memtest on both RAM sticks individually, and had no failures. My SSD's are healthy. My GPU is untested, but is less than a year old.

BSOD Dumps: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqLx5w_nkC9RiaEipWnKMlK6ELBGGg?e=coehRo

System Information:

Device name DESKTOP-JV3J19J

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor 3.59 GHz

Installed RAM 8.00 GB Usually 16 GB but I am only using 1 stick right now

Device ID E66B5E97-D6E4-4F25-8493-3134C225C7D7

Product ID 00326-10000-00000-AA782

System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB 2 x 8 GB DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory

Windows Information:

Edition Windows 10 Home

Version 20H2

Installed on ‎10/‎25/‎2020

OS build 19042.572

Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0

Can someone help me get to the bottom of this?

:)

AustinConcepcion, Oct 25, 2020

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Oct 25, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 25, 2020
  4. DRDNA Win User

Many BSOD Crashes After Clean Windows Install

Flickering screen at startup, crashes, and BSOD after instaling new GPU

SO the Logs showed no errors at all during them times? They will be listed with a RED X Circle?????

Well if you just installed Windows 7 then make sure you have all your mobo drivers (chipset and all that stuff) from the mono vendor website, Then make sure you have your .net installed and updated as well as Direct X...THEN INSTALL THE AMD CATS!

DRDNA, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

Many BSOD Crashes After Clean Windows Install

1. Many BSOD Crashes After Clean Windows Install - Similar Threads - Many BSOD Crashes

2. Help!!! Many different BSODs continue after clean install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help!!! Many different BSODs continue after clean install: Hi! I'm a little sleep deprived trying to fix this so forgive me if I'm sparse on some details, but I'll try to do the best I can. A couple weeks into using a newly built computer without issues, my PC has started to BSOD during games. Since then, it's even started to BSOD...
  3. Help!!! Many different BSODs continue after clean install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help!!! Many different BSODs continue after clean install: Hi! I'm a little sleep deprived trying to fix this so forgive me if I'm sparse on some details, but I'll try to do the best I can. A couple weeks into using a newly built computer without issues, my PC has started to BSOD during games. Since then, it's even started to BSOD...
  4. Help!!! Many different BSODs continue after clean install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BSOD after many clean installs of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after many clean installs of Windows 10: Hi, this is my first time posting on this forum. I've been having a lot of problems this week after a clean install of windows 10, it seems that the bsods i get are at random no matter what I'm doing in the PC, The codes are...
  6. BSOD after many clean installs of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD after many clean installs of Windows 10: Hi, this is my first time posting on this forum. I've been having a lot of problems this week after a clean install of windows 10, it seems that the bsods i get are at random no matter what I'm doing in the PC, The codes are...
  7. BSOD after many clean installs of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. BSOD after a clean Windows install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD after a clean Windows install: Hello, I recently bought Windows 10 Pro. I installed it with no problems. After just 10 minutes I received the first BSOD: 'Your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart..' After the restart the same BSOD (in about 5 minutes). Before Windows 10 I ran Windows 7 with no...
  9. BSOD after clean window install

BSOD after clean window install: After an SSD upgrade ans a clean windows install, I keep receiving BSOD. The driver causing the problem seems to be dbx.sys. In any case I attach link with the minidumps and ms-info of the laptop. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvFFVidLWquJmEOlAmMbtDRsDxh9 Alternative link here :...
  10. Clean install crashes caused by many reasons

Clean install crashes caused by many reasons: Hello! I bought a new tablet and recently I decided change Windows 10 from English to my own language (Finnish). I have done clean install on my other computers (desktop, laptop and 8 inch tablet) with no any problem. Here some basic details from the tablet: Teclast...