Windows 10: Many conhost.exe processes and windows command processor running and preventing PC to go...

Discus and support Many conhost.exe processes and windows command processor running and preventing PC to go... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; The processes appear at startup. I don't know what is causing it. When i kill the cohost.exe the PC can go to sleep.Have done several windows defender... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Mulder XF, May 7, 2023.

1. Mulder XF Win User

Many conhost.exe processes and windows command processor running and preventing PC to go...

The processes appear at startup. I don't know what is causing it. When i kill the cohost.exe the PC can go to sleep.Have done several windows defender full scans and Total AV full scans, but no virus was found.Have tried sfc/scannow.Have tried disabling all non-microsoft services in system configuration - this resolves the issue, but only for the next startup, after that it is back to the same.Would greatly appreciate any help.

:)

Mulder XF, May 7, 2023

2. conhost,exe using IMMENSE amount of memory.

Hello, I'm Greg, here to help you with this.

1) Try these fixes for high CPU usage by conhost.exe:

Conhost.exe: How to Fix Console Window Host High CPU Usage

https://wethegeek.com/what-is-conhost-exe-and-w...

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/conhost-exe-windows

(Avoid ad links which intrude into editorial copy, especially DO NOT INSTALL Restoro, PC Repair Tool and Reimage ads)

2) Go over Windows 11 with this Performance Checklist to try to find and fix problems:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Feel free to ask back any questions. Based on the results you post back, I will have other suggestions if necessary.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Greg Carmack, May 7, 2023
  3. Ugo Lopez Win User
    Ugo Lopez, May 7, 2023
  4. Naki Win User

Many conhost.exe processes and windows command processor running and preventing PC to go...

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile Many conhost.exe processes and windows command processor running and preventing PC to go... :)

Naki, May 7, 2023
Thema:

1. Many conhost.exe processes and windows command processor running and preventing PC to go... - Similar Threads - Many conhost exe

2. Many conhost.exe processes and windows command processor running and preventing PC to go...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Many conhost.exe processes and windows command processor running and preventing PC to go...: The processes appear at startup. I don't know what is causing it. When i kill the cohost.exe the PC can go to sleep.Have done several windows defender full scans and Total AV full scans, but no virus was found.Have tried sfc/scannow.Have tried disabling all non-microsoft...
  3. Many conhost.exe processes and windows command processor running and preventing PC to go...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Many conhost.exe processes and windows command processor running and preventing PC to go...: The processes appear at startup. I don't know what is causing it. When i kill the cohost.exe the PC can go to sleep.Have done several windows defender full scans and Total AV full scans, but no virus was found.Have tried sfc/scannow.Have tried disabling all non-microsoft...
  4. conhost,exe using IMMENSE amount of memory.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    conhost,exe using IMMENSE amount of memory.: conhost.exe as shown in the screenshot is using high amounts of memory. When I first booted up my laptop Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3 it was at 2000 MEGABYTES! 2 WHOLE gigabytes of ram...Things I have tried:Step 1: Run the SFC.Click on the Start button, Type CMD.Right click on CMD...
  5. conhost,exe using IMMENSE amount of memory.

conhost,exe using IMMENSE amount of memory.: conhost.exe as shown in the screenshot is using high amounts of memory. When I first booted up my laptop Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3 it was at 2000 MEGABYTES! 2 WHOLE gigabytes of ram...Things I have tried:Step 1: Run the SFC.Click on the Start button, Type CMD.Right click on CMD...
  6. Windows command processor

Windows command processor: My Windows Command Processcor take to much memory than usualI tried sfc /scannow and it solve a problem, repair it but its didn't workI endtask it many but it keep turn on and take memoryWhat can i do to fix it ?...
  7. exe files will not run unless .exe extension is included in command

exe files will not run unless .exe extension is included in command: cannot run an exe file in CMD administrator I posted about it a long time ago, but I've never been able to run anything without an .exe. . . . *Huh [img] Power Shell works just fine with out an .exe, though. . . ? . 172679
  8. running .exe command

in Windows 10 Customization
    running .exe command: I am using mingw compiler. while i am running a CC++ program works fine program it compiles successfully but when i ran it i am facing a problem.I am getting that access is denied.I tried reinstalling but nothing has changed.I am facing this problem when i am connected to...
  9. To Many Processes running at windows start

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    To Many Processes running at windows start: Greetings to all who Read this. Please I'd like to know how to check and add and or Remove Processes/ Programs and or any applications that may be Un-needed , If that is something to clean up my starting process and start up, easier/sooner/quicker=all of the Listed! I am...
  10. Process running "conhst.exe" commands

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Process running "conhst.exe" commands: I have see security logs and observed that a process is running below following commands: C" C:\Windows can someone explain in detail what thus commands mean. Thanks & Regards, krishna...