Windows 10: Many corrupted system files--how to restore?

Discus and support Many corrupted system files--how to restore? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; gang, i really donked it up this time :Anyways: following a power surge a few weeks ago, I recently learned that several important system files are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Carbon-Tetroxide, Sep 19, 2021.

1. Many corrupted system files--how to restore?

gang, i really donked it up this time :Anyways: following a power surge a few weeks ago, I recently learned that several important system files are missing. - I cannot perform system updates - I cannot reinstall Windows 10 - My disk usage is always very high - Crashes are commonI've tried several things to solve this, but haven't found anything that works yet, all outlined in screenshots: - Reinstalling Windows 10 is unsuccessful Error code 0x80070002- Running a sfc scan does not work as apparently files are missing- Running a DISM scan also does not work error code 0x800d081f, as accor

:)

Carbon-Tetroxide, Sep 19, 2021

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Sep 19, 2021
  3. Corrupt files when restored

Hello everyone,
    The story goes like this: I accidentally deleted all my photos of a 3 month long trip I had from my 2TB backup drive *Bang Head :banghead: (!!!).
    I noticed it after two weeks and the drive was in use (It also a storage for movies and such).
    I had tried "GetDataBack for NTFS" and luckily all the files and folders are found in their original size and order.
    However, when I try to restore them all the files appears to be corrupt.
    I know chances are against me but I'm willing to try anything to restore them.
    Anyone with experience in the matter is welcome to offer a solution.

Few more things that might be relevant:
    the photos are JPEG but few (very important ones) are BMP .
    there are also movies in AVI. The total of all files is ~20GB. and all of them come out corrupt.
    I have some of the files intact and valid in a different folder, so maybe a comparison can help (Just an idea).
    File system is NTFS. OS is Windows 7 64bit.
    Thanks

BoomBang85, Sep 19, 2021
  4. Clark Ari Win User

Many corrupted system files--how to restore?

System Restore - System restore failed to extract the file ...... (0x8007005) error

Hi Loucille,

One of the possible reasons why the error code 0x8007005 occurs when performing system restore is due to corrupted system files that caused software conflicts. Since you have tried several steps to resolve the issue, we recommend that you
    perform a System Restore in safe mode. To boot your device in
    safe mode kindly click on this link. This will start Windows in a basic state, using a limited
    set of files and drivers.

Once done, we suggest that you perform a system restore after booting in safe mode. System Restore will be able to revert your PC or laptop to their previous state, which can be used to repair and recover system malfunctions or issues. Restoring won’t affect
    your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Right-click the Start button, and then select Control Panel.
    • Search Control Panel for Recovery.
    • Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
    • Choose the restore point related to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select Next > Finish.

If in case that the issue persists, we suggest that you run the System File Checker tool. This will be able
    to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore it. We also suggest that you run the DISM command to repair the Windows image on your system. Follow the steps provided
    on this link for the complete guide on how to use
    the tool.

Please post back with the result.

Clark Ari, Sep 19, 2021
Thema:

Many corrupted system files--how to restore?

1. Many corrupted system files--how to restore? - Similar Threads - Many corrupted system

2. Many, many errors; System restores ineffective

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Many, many errors; System restores ineffective: I am having an issue where whenever I try to run anything as administrator, I get an error message stating "extended attributes are inconsistent". I have done tons of research searching for the cause and have come up short. I have found answers saying to disable the Windows...
  3. Many, many errors; System restores ineffective

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Many, many errors; System restores ineffective: I am having an issue where whenever I try to run anything as administrator, I get an error message stating "extended attributes are inconsistent". I have done tons of research searching for the cause and have come up short. I have found answers saying to disable the Windows...
  4. Many, many errors; System restores ineffective

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Restore System Image on many computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore System Image on many computers: Hi,I have 5 laptops exactly the same DELL model, I want to have a single Image System with some software and customizations to restore time to time to all this laptops and if I have to do any change, revert directly to all the laptopsIs it possible to have ONE Image System to...
  6. Restore System Image on many computers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore System Image on many computers: Hi,I have 5 laptops exactly the same DELL model, I want to have a single Image System with some software and customizations to restore time to time to all this laptops and if I have to do any change, revert directly to all the laptopsIs it possible to have ONE Image System to...
  7. System Restore and Corrupt FIles

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System Restore and Corrupt FIles: My current installation has corrupt files in it but i’d like to keep everything that i currently have as with my connection it would take weeks to obtain everything again. I can’t restore them with SFC or DSIM as those have failed (1903) Would a clean installation of 2004...
  8. corrupted system restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    corrupted system restore: Yes, I've read the responses to this question here already, they were no help. problem: system restore freezes while restoring files and settings Why can't there be a place to go to download a new restore file? Any other suggestions?...
  9. Restoring missing, corrupted, and or deleted system files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Restoring missing, corrupted, and or deleted system files: Do both system restore and sfc /scannow restore system files if they are missing, corrupted, and or deleted? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restoring-missing-corrupted-and-or-deleted-system/25512266-0d5f-46cd-97c9-1f9ee09665b1"
  10. System restore points corrupted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System restore points corrupted: I have a about 19 system restore points saved on my computer for this month, probably one a day. All of them are corrupted. I cannot use any of them to restore my computer to an earlier time. None of previous months exist even though I have given system restore enough...