Windows 10: Many different BSODs after RAM upgrade

Discus and support Many different BSODs after RAM upgrade in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I have a GL 702ZC laptop which comes with 16 GB of DDR4 2400mhz Samsung PC4-19200. I decided to install another 16 GB of RAM: the Ballistix Sport... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DLz, May 3, 2019.

1. DLZ
    DLz Win User

Many different BSODs after RAM upgrade

Hi,
    I have a GL 702ZC laptop which comes with 16 GB of DDR4 2400mhz Samsung PC4-19200. I decided to install another 16 GB of RAM: the Ballistix Sport LT DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 listed as compatible with the notebook as You can see here: RAM SSD Upgrades | ASUS ROG Strix GL702ZC | Crucial EU.
    After installing the new RAM, i updated the BIOS to the last version and began to test the 32 GB of RAM to be sure that everything was fine.
    I did: 16 sessions of HCI-memtest, 32 GB of RAM tested, 400% pass on each session got 0 errors on all the sessions, Windows 10 memory test, got 0 errors, 4 pass on memtest86 got 0 errors, 2 h of Prime95 both blend and small FFT, got 0 problems, Cinbench R15 multiple runs and 0 problems, Heaven and Superposition benchmarks (multiple runs) and got 0 problems. So I was happy with the new RAM. Untill 7 days ago, when my laptop began to crash after few minutes in Windows and sometimes at the log in page (so sometimes I can't even log in). After few crashes, the system suddenly stop to have problems and let me work in peace even when I use CAD or FEM softwares with intense workloads.
    The BSODs I got are:
    APC_INDEX_MISMATCH
    SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
    KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
    PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (fastfat.SYS)
    PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (Ntfs.sys)
    PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
    SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (aswbidsdriver.sys)
    SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (win32kfull.sys)
    MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
    PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (atikmdag.sys)

Untill now I have tried:
    the error check (right click on the C unit->Properties->Instruments) and got 0 errors
    the sfc /scannow command in the Command Prompt (run as Admin) and got 0 errors.
    Uninstalled the external antivirus, and uninstalled the AMD software with the amdcleanuputility and reinstalled the drivers.

But I still get these BSODs.

Please help.

Thanks.

:)

2. cplpro Win User

7 different BSoD

Hey guys,

I have a serious problem. I make it as short as possible:

• system runs 100 % fine with the 10.12
    • updatet to Catalyst 11.1 -> BSoD
    • updatet to 11.1 Hotfix -> BSoD
    • rollback to 10.12 -> BSoD
    • removed ALL AMD files manually, installed 10.12 -> BSoD
    • Temps are fine
    • no sfc /scannow errors
    • no chkdsk errors
    • Prime, Furmark all fine
    • regardless what driver I install -> BSoD
    • I did no hw changes, no OC
    Here are my BSoDs I receive:
    • 0x0000010e
    • 0x1000007e
    • 0x0000007e
    • 0x0000004e
    • 0x0000003b
    • dxgmms1.sys
    • PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
    They all refer to the GPU of course ...

From now on I receive a BSoD every time I try to play a game (especially BC2 and SC II) even if I completely remove the old driver and make a clean install.
    Apparently the 11.1 damaged my system irreparable.

Any advice or info would be very much appreciated *Smile Many different  BSODs after RAM upgrade :)

cplpro, May 3, 2019
  3. BSOD after RAM upgrade

Tried all of these and nothing worked. Still got random BSOD. I also noticed I was unable to left click the start button now. I read a few posts on that and tried suggestions with no luck.

I installed this RAM not realizing there were a lot of updates that installed upon reboot. Is there anything could have damaged as a result of not updating before installing new RAM?

unlgrad2002, May 3, 2019
  4. trickson Win User

7 different BSoD

First off this is what I went through once I installed them 11.1 drivers . BSOD till I had to reinstall the OS .
    It seems that some maybe missing the point here this STARTED for you after you installed the 11.1 drivers and then as it would seem you are getting them after a clean install of the old drivers . Correct ? If so have you wiped the HDD and did a clean install of the OS ?
    If not then I would do this before thinking your cards are going out .

trickson, May 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Many different BSODs after RAM upgrade - Similar Threads - Many different BSODs

2. BSOD and many different crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD and many different crashes: Hey all,I have been having lots of bsods recently. I have been experiencing them for 2-3 years, but it usually only would crash 1-2 times a week. For the past 2 weeks it has been increasing to the point where my computer is crashing about once an hour. Some of the stop codes...
  3. BSOD with many different codes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD with many different codes: I have created a post on Microsoft answers, hoping that an expert could help me a few months ago. I have tried the generic solutions they offered however those didn't work for me. Link to that thread:...
  4. Many different bsod

Many different bsod: Since I have my Pc I get different blue screens when I boot the System. After it restarts theres no problem and I can use it I don't know what to do do submitted by /u/Emlo067 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lbfy1t/many_different_bsod/
  5. BSOD After Ram Upgrade??

BSOD After Ram Upgrade??: I upgraded from house-branded cheap 16GB to Corsair 32GB 2600Mhz. Since booting with new RAM, BSOD often, varying every 10min to 30min. I ram the memory diag with new RAM and it threw no problems. I also did the PowerShell verify thing and it crashed on me. Any ideas? I...
  6. BSOD after RAM upgrade

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after RAM upgrade: Hello all, A week ago I recieved my order G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2x8GB DDR4 3200MHz C16 F4-3200C16D-16GVKB I had already one pair of the same ram up and running for 2 years. After the ram installation the system recognize only 16GB and the other half appears as system...
  7. Many Different BSOD errors.

Many Different BSOD errors.: I recently built a new computer and have had nothing but BSOD errors for a week now. Here is the list of things I know to try and have, many times. Installed W10 from usb drive multiple times, then just from windows i installed W10 again, created a new W10 on another usb...
  8. BSODS after RAM upgrade

BSODS after RAM upgrade: My computer has been experiencing BSODs after a recent RAM upgrade. RAM was installed in the same slots as the previous. I've also tried updating drivers through device manager, got some BSODs there while updating them. Also tried running system file check on CMD, which it...
  9. BSOD after upgrading RAM and SSD

BSOD after upgrading RAM and SSD: I upgraded my RAM from 32gb to 96gb and installed a new 2T SSD on my Dell computer. However afterwards, I get BSOD. I am getting multiple error messages and codes, all of them are BSOD. What is the solution?...
  10. Many different BSOD errors?

Many different BSOD errors?: submitted by /u/chsugxusjsbx [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/flwjw5/many_different_bsod_errors/