Windows 10: Many disk errors 153 and storahci 129 errors W10.

Discus and support Many disk errors 153 and storahci 129 errors W10. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, My computer started to have a lot of freeze from 10sec to 30sec freezes. I tried to identify the reason of it and I eventually found it. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Maximeeee, Feb 23, 2020.

1. Maximeeee Win User

Many disk errors 153 and storahci 129 errors W10.

Hello,

My computer started to have a lot of freeze from 10sec to 30sec freezes. I tried to identify the reason of it and I eventually found it.

I could see in my logs I have a lot of disk errors started 02/11, for example last day, I had 1300 disk errors.

The error code is 153 :

The I/O operation at logical block address 0x359490c8 for disk 0 physical peripheral object name: \Device\000034 has been attempted again.

Logical block obviously change for each error.

This is the first error but not the one causing freeze.

I could identify freeze corresponding to error #129 :

Reset to device, \Device\RaidPort0, was issued.

I don't have raid on my computer, I only have 1To ssd.

What I've tried so far :

- Malwarebytes, nothing found

- CrystalDiskInfo : https://prnt.sc/r6g91a

- chkdsk

- sfc /scannow corrected few errors

- Switching pci express to disabled

Only thing I could see before errors happen : https://prnt.sc/r6gbb5 . It is windows defender update.

I have no idea what can cause it but it is really annoying and I can't find any fix :/.

My config is :

Prime B450-Plus

RTX 2070 Ventus

Ryzen 3600-X

16 GB ram

Thanks for your help

:)

Maximeeee, Feb 23, 2020
  2. RobertBejster, Feb 23, 2020
  3. scath1111 Win User
    Event ID 129 - storahci resetting

Fun twist to the story.

The driver works fine with the SSD that houses my installation of Windows - no more Event 129 errors.

New problem: the 2nd SSD that houses a ton of my data now gets Event 15, 129 and 153 errors - it's using the new controller, which is apparently too slow to keep up.

Sorry to keep this going, but it's a real issue - my system hangs just as frequently as it did before, but doesn't recover after sitting quietly for 5 minutes they way it used to.

Bad controller driver I think, but I don't know if I have another choice in the matter.

Can I assign both disks to the Intel Driver I have installed?

scath1111, Feb 23, 2020
  4. neb.laz Win User

Windows 10 1607 - Event Viewer shows Warning disk/storahci 129/153

Hi,

I had Windows 10 1511 on my system with SSD Kingston KC400 256GB.

Everything worked fine, a stable and fast system.

As of update to Windows 10 1607, my system had some kind of freezes (a few seconds or so). It was in fact unusable, because the freezes appeared frequently.

The Event Viewer showed frequently Warning:

Source "disk" (Event ID: 153):

"The IO operation at logical block address 0x27c1ade for Disk 0 (PDO name: \Device\00000023) was retried." (I believe the block address changes each time)

Source "storahci" (Event ID: 129):

"Reset to device, \Device\RaidPort0, was issued."

After clean install of Windows 10 1607 the problem still remained, but after the immediate update of KB3176495 those Warnings doesn't appear that frequently, but still appear.

It looks like KB3176495 fixed it, but not really. Perhaps there should be another KB soon to fix it properly.

Edition: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Version: 1607

OS Build: 14393.51

In "Device Manager" under "IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers" >"Standard SATA AHCI Controller" > "Driver Details" (Driver Files: C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\storahci.sys):

10.0.14393.0 (rs1_release.160715-1616)

Cheers

Update:

It still appears, too often!

neb.laz, Feb 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Many disk errors 153 and storahci 129 errors W10. - Similar Threads - Many disk errors

2. Many, many stopcode errors using new w10 install on a different pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Many, many stopcode errors using new w10 install on a different pc: I had problems installing W10, oem dvd, on a clean drive for use in older pc. [MSI PC Mate Z97]. 2 different ssd's and an HDD's tried. Finally I used a newer desktop [BiostarA320 Ryzen 3 cpu] w working W10 to install on one of the ssd's as the C drive. The install appeared to...
  3. Many, many stopcode errors using new w10 install on a different pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Many, many stopcode errors using new w10 install on a different pc: I had problems installing W10, oem dvd, on a clean drive for use in older pc. [MSI PC Mate Z97]. 2 different ssd's and an HDD's tried. Finally I used a newer desktop [BiostarA320 Ryzen 3 cpu] w working W10 to install on one of the ssd's as the C drive. The install appeared to...
  4. Logging Event ID's 153 and 129 causing hitches, freezes in windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Logging Event ID's 153 and 129 causing hitches, freezes in windows 10: I have had a persistent problem for about a year now, and have not been able to find any solutions for it. I downloaded an update in January that caused my system to start having intermittent freezes and hitches that, on average, last about 45 seconds and cause my system to...
  5. error 129 from storahci

error 129 from storahci: Since upgrading to Windows 10 my machine has been freezing for about 30 seconds at a time. I've tracked this down using event viewer to the dreaded Error 129, with a source of storahci. I've made sure my SSD firmware is up to date according to the manufacturer, and Device...
  6. STORAHCI Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    STORAHCI Error: I am getting an occasional storahci warning Reset to device, \Device\RaidPort0, was issued. It happens every few days and corrupts the file system. It does not usually cause a BSOD, but I have had 2 prior BSOD before 1. Here are the mini dump files:...
  7. Computer Freezing Disk Usage Spiking to 100% (Event ID 129/153)

Computer Freezing Disk Usage Spiking to 100% (Event ID 129/153): So I built my first gaming pc back in September 2018 and since then every couple weeks or so my pc would act up for about a week where basically it freezes for about 1 minute at a time with about 15 second intervals. Here are my specs... Ryzen 3 1200 CPU GTX 1050ti by...
  8. Issue 153 and 129, marks storahci and disk on my Crucial BX300 SSD, come along with random...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issue 153 and 129, marks storahci and disk on my Crucial BX300 SSD, come along with random...: Just clean installed Windows 10 1809 Oct Update, but I encountered the random freeze problem. It will encounter every hour, which is troubling me like crazy. Here is the specs of my computer: Motherboard: MSI B350M mortar Graphic Card: Galax GTX 1070 Storage: Crucial...
  9. computer failed to boot - disk error event id 153 + 98

computer failed to boot - disk error event id 153 + 98: Hello, I'm experiencing some issues with one of my drives.. not sure which. I get the event viewer id 153 error along with event id 98 I will provide screenshots of the errors to hopefully support getting help with this problem. I've tried replacing my PSU as this was the...
  10. System freezes, storahci 129 error. Already tried to solve but not work

System freezes, storahci 129 error. Already tried to solve but not work: I tried to 1. switch off PCI Express----Link Srare Power Management----Setting 2. change AHCI Link Power Management to DIPM 3. Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files 4. Change...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. warning disk and storahci